PDA

View Full Version : Want to Borrow: Banff National Park Pass

Speed_69
11-30-2006, 11:54 AM
Looking to borrow a Banff National Park pass for saturday.
Will Return on Sunday Night when i come back.

Will give $10.

Please PM your number and leave your information.

yellowsnow
11-30-2006, 02:00 PM
isn't a day pass just $10? and like $17 for the whole car?

Speed_69
11-30-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by yellowsnow
isn't a day pass just $10? and like $17 for the whole car?

Yup it's $17.80 Daily for 2 people of more(Family/group). So i'm just basically looking to save a few bucks.

7thgenvic
11-30-2006, 02:10 PM
don't even bother buying one! they never ever have checked, In 8 years i have never been checked and i ski almost everyweekend. save yourself 17 bux and dont' bother

Speed_69
11-30-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
don't even bother buying one! they never ever have checked, In 8 years i have never been checked and i ski almost everyweekend. save yourself 17 bux and dont' bother
lol that's what i've always thought about. Everytime i've gone, i've thought about just going through the right lane at the gates and just park there without a pass but i always end up paying.

sputnik
11-30-2006, 02:15 PM
What some people will do to save 7 bucks.

WWJAI
11-30-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

I'd want to save the money.haha.
We're asians, what do you expect?

3G
11-30-2006, 08:34 PM
whats the consequences if u get caught up there with no pass?

CasperWho
11-30-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by WWJAI

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Speed_69
11-30-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by 3G

umm it's called a 'parking ticket'? or in the worst case scenerio, getting your car towed?

Speed_69
11-30-2006, 09:50 PM

:werd: I'm sure everyone would rather pay $10 to get in then $17.80. I mean the other $7.80 could be used for 1/3 my gas going there and back.

CivicTunr
11-30-2006, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by 3G

if your caught they make you pay for the parking pass haha.

JordanAndrew
11-30-2006, 09:56 PM
well if you havent gone a parking ticket yet and they dont have any records of your car, then they'll just give you a warning ticket first.

l8braker
11-30-2006, 09:58 PM
roll right through the far right lane the trucks go through. i've been doing this for 7 years and my old man even longer.

DC2
11-30-2006, 09:58 PM
i have one that expired in aug. 06. im sure you can print out a 7 and put it over the 6.

i wont even charge you! just keep the 7 on so I can use it ;)

a social dsease
11-30-2006, 10:05 PM
I have seen them giving tickets for no pass. Not in the actual parking lot ticketing parked cars, but on the sunshine access road by the texas gate just off the highway, stopping cars and checking for passes. This was at about 8:15 am with the steady stream of traffic headed up to ssv. Luckily I had a pass. I asked and they were $55 i think.
Either way I have forgotten to bring my pass several times and never paid and never got a ticket.

Palmiros
11-30-2006, 10:10 PM
Whichever way you decide to buy it, BUY it.
You would't wanna walk to Calgary from Banff :) :burnout:

Pacman
11-30-2006, 10:14 PM
I have an annual pass you can use for free. The only condition is that I'll need it back on Sunday night as I have to go to Banff on Monday morning for work and will be staying there for 2 days.

sluggish
11-30-2006, 10:36 PM
Pay the $17 and don't be so cheap. It's these user fees that help keep the park maintained for you to enjoy. I think they should really crack down on handing out the tickets to dishonest tightasses who take advantage of the system. Eventually they will but unfortunately the honest people in the meantime have to pay extra for your shortcomings. I know I'll get flamed for this but I don't really care. :rolleyes:

Speed_69
11-30-2006, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by sluggish
Pay the $17 and don't be so cheap. It's these user fees that help keep the park maintained for you to enjoy. I think they should really crack down on handing out the tickets to dishonest tightasses who take advantage of the system. Eventually they will but unfortunately the honest people in the meantime have to pay extra for your shortcomings. I know I'll get flamed for this but I don't really care. :rolleyes:
Hey do you have a pass i can borrow? NO? okay then i wasn't asking for people's damn opinion in this thread. I'm just looking for a pass to borrow from nice people like Pacman. Now get the frick out!

sluggish
12-01-2006, 03:02 AM
Yes I do have a pass, and NO you can't borrow it. I realize you didn't ask opinions so for that I apologize for whoring your thread. Otherwise, spend the money dude.

Speed_69
12-01-2006, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by Speed_69

Hey do you have a pass i can borrow? NO?

Yes I do have a pass, and NO you can't borrow it.
Okay i asked you if you had a pass i can borrow, not if you have a pass you tool. If you don't have a pass i can borrow, don't post!

Now get the frick out!

dabiggun
12-01-2006, 06:12 AM

Man why do you gotta make all of us look bad??? Being Asian is not about being cheap!!!

yellowsnow
12-01-2006, 11:00 AM
LOL, i'm asian, and I'm not cheap... but I do know some really cheap ass asians :rofl:

They give you one freebie if they catch you without a pass. My friend bought a day pass, but he forgot to display it on the dash when he parked. got back to the car and found a warning... next time there will be a parking ticket

Rav4Guy
12-01-2006, 11:49 AM
^ it's not called being cheap. It's called KNOWING WHEN/WHERE TO SAVE MONEY.

Why do you think asians have money? they work hard and the save even harder. I'm not saying that other races don't work hard... so don't take it the wrong way.

Speed_69
12-01-2006, 11:53 AM
I'm staying overnight at a hotel so i'm pretty sure i need a pass. If i was only going for the day and coming back the same day, i would just try parking there without a day pass.

Cruz
12-01-2006, 12:03 PM

This comment X 10

When you consider what Banff gives back to us in relation to the cost of a day/annual pass, it's really unfortunate that people don't want to buy one. Sluggish is right on the money in saying that the user fees are used to maintain the park. If even half of the visitors had your attitude, the park wouldn't be anywhere near as amazing as it is today.

Karma's a bitch and you will be eaten by a bear for trying to save $10 you cheap bastard. BTW, enjoy your visit.

Rav4Guy
12-01-2006, 12:07 PM
PM'ed to offer my pass.

yellowsnow
12-01-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Rav4Guy
^ it's not called being cheap. It's called KNOWING WHEN/WHERE TO SAVE MONEY.

Why do you think asians have money? they work hard and the save even harder. I'm not saying that other races don't work hard... so don't take it the wrong way.

really? i call it cheap when my friend drives to airdrie to pump gas for 4 cents off.

and when TNT opened... asians went crazy when they offered a free bag of rice if you spent $120 :D or free canola oil if you spent $60.

my parents spend around $200 so they could get a free bag of rice and some canola oil...

Speed_69
12-01-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Cruz

This comment X 10

When you consider what Banff gives back to us in relation to the cost of a day/annual pass, it's really unfortunate that people don't want to buy one. Sluggish is right on the money in saying that the user fees are used to maintain the park. If even half of the visitors had your attitude, the park wouldn't be anywhere near as amazing as it is today.

Karma's a bitch and you will be eaten by a bear for trying to save $10 you cheap bastard. BTW, enjoy your visit.
O RLY? Ask me if I care? Go ahead ask me! or do you want to give me $17.80 so i can go there and they can use that to maintain the park if you're such a good citizen who's never cheaped their way out of anything? It's not like Banff doesn't already have enough money to maintain the park already.

Speed_69
12-01-2006, 12:21 PM

really? i call it cheap when my friend drives to airdrie to pump gas for 4 cents off.

and when TNT opened... asians went crazy when they offered a free bag of rice if you spent $120 :D or free canola oil if you spent $60.

my parents spend around $200 so they could get a free bag of rice and some canola oil...

:rofl: I was there for the grand opening and yes, they went CRAZZYYYY for that free stuff!! haha

Cruz
12-01-2006, 12:24 PM

O RLY? Ask me if I care? Go ahead ask me! or do you want to give me $17.80 so i can go there and they can use that to maintain the park if you're such a good citizen who's never cheaped their way out of anything? It's not like Banff doesn't already have enough money to maintain the park already.

You have clearly missed the point.

Rav4Guy
12-01-2006, 12:33 PM

LOL... to a certain degree.. yes I think it's retarded. BUT, if you're spending that money already and it's something your going to use... why not? Free rice for buying groceries there? I'd do it.

Driving to save 4cents off gas? well, how much gas am I using just to drive out there? If i'm in the vicinity.. why not?

back on topic: pm replied.

WWJAI
12-01-2006, 02:43 PM
I'm not trying to make asians look bad. I was j/k. I'm as asian myself and I personally do not consider myself to be cheap at all but if there is a time where I see an opportunity to save some money, i'll take it.

To pay 17.80 for a day pass to visit is a ridiculous price. I could care less that the park is amazing, they've already made to much money off the price. I could care less that the park needs to be maintained, they already have enough ppl paying for that. Lower the price and maybe ppl will consider actually always paying.

sputnik
12-01-2006, 02:58 PM
To pay 17.80 for a day pass to visit is a ridiculous price. I could care less that the park is amazing, they've already made to much money off the price. I could care less that the park needs to be maintained, they already have enough ppl paying for that. Lower the price and maybe ppl will consider actually always paying.

That has got to be one of the most ignorant comments so far.

Millions of people happily pay to go. Including TONS of Japanese tourists. Its the cheap bastards like you that make this world a sleezier place. If you dont think Banff is that great - fine - stay home. Otherwise get off your wallet and pay the fee like everyone else.

Canmorite
12-01-2006, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by l8braker
roll right through the far right lane the trucks go through. i've been doing this for 7 years and my old man even longer.

+1. I lived in Canmore/Banff for 10 years. Never had a park pass, only caught once. Even if you are caught they make you buy a day pass.

My mom even works for Parks Canada:rofl:

WWJAI
12-01-2006, 05:38 PM

That has got to be one of the most ignorant comments so far.

Millions of people happily pay to go. Including TONS of Japanese tourists. Its the cheap bastards like you that make this world a sleezier place. If you dont think Banff is that great - fine - stay home. Otherwise get off your wallet and pay the fee like everyone else.

Like i said before...

I'm asian, what do you expect.