PDA

View Full Version : Two topics...Limewire...music

LuxCars
11-30-2006, 09:06 PM
First topic...

Limewire? what do you got to say, would prefer people who knew what they were talking about to help answer this. I would like to know whether it would cause any viruses, slow down my compuer in any way.
I have McAfee.

Also if i deleted limewire i would loose my music right?, because its all saved in my shared file...

What would i do to keep my music but get rid of limewire?
(or if there is anyway to automatically send your files to Windows media player once they get downloaded from limewire.)

any extra help would be good.
Thanks in advance.

If thats a bit confusing just ask questions and ill do my best to explain my point.

LuxCars
11-30-2006, 09:07 PM
I should mention I have pro....and i got it for free.....and if anyone wants it....pm.

EDIT: dont have pro anymore cause i had to reinstall my OS.

Slashin_
11-30-2006, 09:10 PM
go to perfrence and u can save ur music into a sepertae folder...ie my docs...so when u uninstall it still has ur music....
becareful when u download with limewire check size of the file anythine below 1000kb is werid fucked up shit

get adware and spybot those 2 get rid of spyware and adware which make ur comp faster then u have mcfee on top pf that

Supa Dexta
11-30-2006, 09:45 PM
And only use limewire for single songs.. No use trying to put together whole albums from it.. Just use torrents for albums..

drew_goring
11-30-2006, 10:11 PM
dl frostwire. Limewire is full of hidden shit that you can't get rid of.

LuxCars
11-30-2006, 11:44 PM
^^
^^^

I only use it for single songs every once in a while but my computer has started to lag...its brand new.

so im thinking i may need to delete some things before it gets worse.

Honda_002
11-30-2006, 11:46 PM
ARES FTW!
I have had limewire, and limewire pro and ares pwns them both

rony_espana
11-30-2006, 11:51 PM
Limewire Pro has worked great for me, but I don't do a lot of downloading. Also you can download Limewire Pro from Limewire for free.

johnny0214
11-30-2006, 11:57 PM
for full albums bit torrent is definately the way to go.
for the last little while, for single songs i've been using bearshare lite version, works really well no complaints so far. i prefer bearshare lite over limewire.

frostyda9
12-03-2006, 05:22 PM
Here's a little tip for your download folder. Navigate to the folder through "My Computer". Right click the folder, select "Rename" and name it something different (MP3 files, for example). Go to the top, click file, new, folder. Name the new folder whatever the old one was called. You have now moved all your files without having to wait while they transfer ;)

googe
12-03-2006, 06:37 PM
deleting songs wont help your "lag". you probably have a lot of spyware and crap running.

sabad66
12-03-2006, 06:37 PM
If you uninstall limewire, it won't delete your downloaded songs. They will still be exactly where they when you still had it installed.

bball2
12-04-2006, 12:56 AM
Haha frostwire, total rip of Limewire, is that even legal? Looks like they copied all the code and changed the logo, :dunno: oh well at least its freeware

nos_efx
12-04-2006, 09:26 AM
Limewire has always been the best for me.

I wouldn't worry too much about viruses when you are downloading strictly music files (Ie: .mp3, etc).

However, if you are downloading things like game/software cracks, more caution is needed.

And yes, if you uninstall Limewire your files will be exactly where they were before you uninstalled it.