PDA

View Full Version : The Hubble Deep Field: The Most Important Image Ever Taken

Supa Dexta
12-01-2006, 11:03 AM
cool vid:

http://geeksaresexy.blogspot.com/2006/10/hubble-deep-field-most-important-image.html

Tik-Tok
12-01-2006, 11:28 AM
HERESY!!!!!! GOD ONLY MADE LIFE ON THIS ONE PLANET OUT OF THE BILLIONS AND BILLIONS OF STARS!!!!!! :rofl:

Cool vid. I almost shut it off when numa numa popped up though.

TimG
12-01-2006, 11:35 AM
awesome... and humbling.

Cruz
12-01-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
HERESY!!!!!! GOD ONLY MADE LIFE ON THIS ONE PLANET OUT OF THE BILLIONS AND BILLIONS OF STARS!!!!!! :rofl:

Cool vid. I almost shut it off when numa numa popped up though.

Seriously. What's with the useless dancing tit in the middle of the video?

Otherwise, an amazing mini-documentary.

Crymson
12-01-2006, 11:55 AM
DOUGLAS ADAM's said it best in The Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy

"Space is big - really big - you just won't believe how vastly, hugely mind-bogglingly big it is. You may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space."

Supa Dexta
12-01-2006, 11:55 AM
just a joke, saying we have better things to do with our time.. like what that guys doing..

msommers
12-01-2006, 12:06 PM
The point of the dancing tit in the video was to represent how minor things amuse us and yet there are so much bigger things out there that people don't care about.

The documentary was awesome, I really liked it. The only question I have, is how do they know how big the universe is, and yet have only seen so much?

I gotta be honest, after watching, it makes me wonder why the hell I get angry about such minor bullshit and really puts things into perspective. Really makes you wonder what the hell is out there. Makes me wonder, what the hell is the point of life and even if we don't blow up our planet with wars, what have we accomplished in the long run?

TimG
12-01-2006, 12:58 PM
i think there are two ways that they can estimate the size of the universe:

one is by using reference stars and quasars which they know what the spectrum should be and adjusting for the redshift and then comparing their brightness to others.

the other is via the cosmic background radiation and using the big bang model to calculate the size of the universe given the measured temperature of the background radiation that we observe.

i might be way off... it's been a while since i took astrophysics.

ercchry
12-01-2006, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Cruz

Seriously. What's with the useless dancing tit in the middle of the video?

Otherwise, an amazing mini-documentary.

you mean this guy?

PK12XrnHcxs

Cruz
12-01-2006, 05:11 PM
Yes. That would be the tit of whom I speak.

Gondi Stylez
12-02-2006, 04:09 PM
that was awesome! i have that picture in my room! it so mind-blowing when you think about space and life on other planets!

and to think they are retiring the hubble next year or something! :( maybe they will send something better?!

civic_stylez
12-03-2006, 11:15 AM
i just cant imagine how cool it would be to show up on another planet... be the aliens for a change... definitely a cool video...

djayz
12-03-2006, 11:32 AM
why the hell are we all here? Whats the point of doing what we do? That was a pretty cool video and it makes you think real hard of why the fuck we are here and do what we do