PDA

View Full Version : Estimate on painting and installing body kit?

izzoblitzo
05-11-2003, 01:34 AM
Hey guys, quick question(s).

How much did it cost to have your body kit painted and installed? I've got a quote from SOS for $1200 (body kit, door handles, mirrors) and also a quote from my friend's body shop (the one he went to) and he basically paid around $2600 including the kit purchase too.

Can someone tell me if that's a somewhat reasonable price these days for paint and install? Or should I continue searching for quotes? I know it has alot to do with the quality of work being done too, and the way these guys approached it, they sounded like they know what they're doin.

I mean, hopefully they're not takin me for a ride because of the kind of car or kit I have.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance!:clap:

DUBBED
05-11-2003, 04:04 AM
in some cases you might even consider $1200 cheap :dunno:

it all really depend on how much work it will take to get the kit to fit properly!!

max_boost
05-11-2003, 06:08 AM
Sounds like a pretty good price.
ARe they full bumpers or just lip add ons?

Depends on quality of work, take a look at previous jobs the shop has completed! Personally, I take it to Maranellos Autobody, work is amazing

izzoblitzo
05-11-2003, 01:30 PM
hmm.. good point.

well, mines a full kit. They're also painting my mirrors, door handles, interior console, and installing sidemakers as kind of a bonus the guy said. Supposedly, they do quite a few civics, del sols and golfs. They can match any color, And I saw a golf they did with wide body flares, looked pretty good I guess, kinda like factory.

And I totally didnt put into factor that no matter what, i'd have to get them to fit the kit right too! skipped my mind. I hope I get lucky and get one that requires little or no modifications. heh! But I mean, i've never had body work like this done before, so im bankin that $1200 is pretty reasonable. I just wanted to see what other quotes from other people were like, so I could get a better comparison.

max_boost
05-11-2003, 02:17 PM
Actually that is really reasonable.....I paid 1900 at Maranellos for side/rear mouldings (8 pieces) full/rear bumper/side skirts/side mirrors

But at the same time, Concours wanted $2600 and my buddy said he was going to do it for $1000 so it seriously depends where you go!!!! haha

Paul
05-12-2003, 01:15 PM
I can give you a quote but need more information from you. Like what kind of kit it is, how good the fitment is, is there any moulding do be done or are you just wanting to do a bolt on and paint idea. Let me know PM.

The EquAzn
05-12-2003, 06:17 PM
Thats actually pretty cheap, for my car i've had way higher quotes than that.. Its the paint and the spoilers that kill ya

importadrenelin
05-14-2003, 05:29 PM
the body kit should be no more then about $1000, paint and install on a body kit alone by a good shop is about $600-$700. Adding on side moldings, door handles, mirrors and a console then that will come out to around $1000 or so so $1200 seems decent

GT2NV
05-14-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by importadrenelin
the body kit should be no more then about $1000, paint and install on a body kit alone by a good shop is about $600-$700. Adding on side moldings, door handles, mirrors and a console then that will come out to around $1000 or so so $1200 seems decent
do you have any place that can hook me up???:(

izzoblitzo
05-14-2003, 08:21 PM
wow! cool! thanks for all the insight fellas.

black94gt, I'll be headed to S.O.S. for my $1200 paint and install near the end of the month, I'll let ya know how it turned out. *L*

but the people there were pretty cool.. no punk kids that worked there.. they all looked like 30-40ish. so hopefully they wont take joyrides once they're finished. *L*

szw
05-14-2003, 09:43 PM
Roughly how much would it cost to paint a front lip?

Wildcat
05-15-2003, 01:17 AM
its all about hook-ups man, if u know a guy who can do body work out of his garage (like me) then yur set; if u want everything molded, shaved the works u name it, i could get it done for less than 4G