PDA

View Full Version : Scam or Smoking deal?

Mixalot27
12-02-2006, 06:46 AM
I found this treadmill on ebay. Its a local Calgary seller but with 0 feedback. The starting bid is $389.00 with no reserve. This treadmill is supposidly new and must be worth easy at least $5000. It is supposidly brand new in box and comes with warranty?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/BRAND-NEW-TREADMILL-97Te-WITH-LCD-TV-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ140059635041QQihZ004QQcategoryZ15280QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have no plans to bid on it as I don't have the cash right now. However its one hell of a deal if its on the up and up. Somebody should snap it up. Maybe agree on a cash deal and get the seller to meet you in person so you can see the item is legit?

Lo)2enz0
12-02-2006, 06:48 AM
since the guy lives in calgary just say you want to meet up with him and pick it up and pay him than.

hard for scammers to scam smart local people. unless someone was dumb enough to have it shipped from one side of the city to the other

Mixalot27
12-02-2006, 06:51 AM
^^Yeah thats what I was thinking too unfortunatley I can't afford this right now. I figured I would post it here in case anyone is interested. Cause it seems like a really good deal.

edit: Heres the same treadmill selling for $7500us

http://www.bodyconcept.com/family/5828/display.html

nos_efx
12-04-2006, 09:48 AM
Even thought he starting bid is 389, this does not guarantee that it will sell at this price.

As a matter of fact the current bid is now close to 1200.

?????
12-04-2006, 10:03 AM
Well looks like he tried to scam someone else he has a -1 feedback.

topmade
12-04-2006, 10:11 AM
It's at $1400 right now. I would say only get it if it is actually in Calgary and you can pick it up. If the guy has a problem with that then don't do it.

hjr
12-04-2006, 10:52 AM
the person who won the bid gave the (-) feedback. seems so be a scam. i always get a bit concerned when they cant post an actual picture of the product, rather a pic from the companies web site

$lick_rYz
12-04-2006, 11:22 AM
they guy/girl looks like a scammer, I asked if I could drop by and have a look at the treadmill since I also live in Calgary but he/she told me that the item is located in the USA and the email was kinda weird too I can't remember but its something like [email protected] (that's the name it shows up as)

pyar_deewane
12-04-2006, 11:32 AM
yea its a fraud : to all fellow Beyond Members

YOU KNOW ITS FRAUD WHEN THEY SAY SOME CRAP LIKE THE ITEM IS LOCATED IN USA AND I AM NETHERLANDS BECAUSE I AM HAVING FINANCIAL TROUBLE>>>THAT IS WHY I AM SELLING FOR SO LOW>>>I HAVE ALREADY HAVE A LOT OD INTEREST PLEASE GET BACK TO ME ASAP>>>ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SEND THE MONEY TO A THIRD PARTY SO WE DO NOT GET FRAUDED>>>GIVE ME YOUR FULL ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER

THE GUY IS A FRAUD

I REMEMBER SOME FRAUDS ARE SO DUMB POSTING A FERRARI MODENA WITH NO RESERVE>>>THERES BEEN RANGEROVERS WITH NO RESRVE EVEN EXPENSIVE CLOTHES>>>THESE FRAUDS DONT STOP>>>SO WHOEVER SEES A DEAL TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE>>REMEMBER IT IS!!!>>> IF U C IT ON EBAY THEN JUST CLICK AT THE BOTTOM "REPORT THIS ITEM"

:drama:

GQBalla
12-04-2006, 01:53 PM
fraudddd

as per link ouch to whoever actually paid though.