PDA

View Full Version : opinions on Toyota Aristo's

carter_prelude
12-02-2006, 01:40 PM
Im interested in importing one soon. Has any every seen on? or drove one? rode in one? I'd like to know how they ride, and how fast they are with that 2JZ under the hood :D

Annoyingrob
12-02-2006, 11:03 PM
They're decently quick cars. If you're looking for a family sedan with some balls, it's a good choice. Keep in mind, that's a JDM 2JZ, which is slightly different from the USDM Supra engine. It runs smaller (440 vs 550) injectors, ceramic turbos, and a MAP based ecu. Out of the box, it doesn't have quite the power potential that a stock Supra engine has, but it's cheap to make faster.

Could be a real sleeper.

GT-R rated
12-02-2006, 11:40 PM
could be a definite sleeper, or you could pimp it out JDM VIP style like my buddy is doing with his before he ships it. the 2JZ may not be as powerful as its release in the supra but its still a 2JZ and has shitloads of power potentioal.

IncredibleToad
12-02-2006, 11:59 PM
Go test drive a lexus GS300 of around the same year and u'll get the idea

carter_prelude
12-07-2006, 10:13 PM
alright thanks guys :D i just have to decided if I want my DSM faster....or the Aristo haha. Im thinking aristo since they can be made pretty quick for decently cheap...nicer car to ride in to I'd imagine

Redlyne_mr2
12-07-2006, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by IncredibleToad
Go test drive a lexus GS300 of around the same year and u'll get the idea
Except for the twin turbo engine, diff breaks, tranny, suspension etc etc etc etc

Hoey
12-07-2006, 10:17 PM
They both have theyre ups and downs, but id lean on Aristo....

Keep in mind, It may be cheap to make an Aristo fast, but the car itself and parts are pricier than DSM.

I love both cars but Im a Toyota Fanboy, and the 2JZ is thee king.:drool:

Annoyingrob
12-07-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Hoey
Keep in mind, It may be cheap to make an Aristo fast, but the car itself and parts are pricier than DSM.

Yeah, but the parts dont break :)

carter_prelude
12-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Im thinking of waiting to keep both haha. This summer and ofr the rest of my life i'll be working full time and should be able to have both, just not insured at the same time. The TSi will be the winter beater.... I want that classy ass car for grad though...:drool: lol...so many ups and downs...

Loud-N-Clear
12-08-2006, 12:20 AM
I'm a big fan of Aristos... Thinking of maybe gettin one myself. Anyone know if thet ever made any 6 speeds or if they were all autos?

japancar
12-08-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Loud-N-Clear
I'm a big fan of Aristos... Thinking of maybe gettin one myself. Anyone know if thet ever made any 6 speeds or if they were all autos?

From our auction stats that I checked over the past couple of days, they are all autos up for sale.

carter_prelude
12-08-2006, 09:36 PM
they all came in autos....however you CAN do a 6 speed swap with the supra tranny...I saw one on jspec imports once. (sorry Japancar :) )

japancar
12-08-2006, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by carter_prelude
they all came in autos....however you CAN do a 6 speed swap with the supra tranny...I saw one on jspec imports once. (sorry Japancar :) )

That's ok! If it can be done, then that's good. Its all about making people happy!