PDA

View Full Version : Working at Dealerships

rubbermaid
12-02-2006, 09:26 PM
For those out there employed in the automotive dealership industry im wondering what the perks are of working at a dealership? What positions do you have, and how long have you been there?

pyar_deewane
12-02-2006, 09:28 PM
:werd:

Sharpie
12-02-2006, 09:33 PM
You get a decent discount off parts usually about 10% over cost, most times no discount on service(depends on service manager and how nice the techs are) Since there isn't a huge markup on cars i believe you get around $500 over cost. Dont quote me on these as this is just what i experienced.

ryanallan
12-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Ya that’s rite about the cars part.

I was surprised to find that for your average GM car, there is only about $2000 - 3000 profit involved.
Really car companies are finance companies with their car sales business on the side.
And dealers are high priced service centers with cars sales on the side.

so ya we gets cost on parts, use of the service bay (tire machines, wash bays, lifts, undercoat bays) and $2000-3000 off on new cars.

Also we get drive new cars all day and then brag to your friend that you drove a new Z06 and a XLR-V in the same day! (to the gas stating and back, not just around the lot)

o and if your not an ass hole who thinks the dealer revolves around them (95% of people at my dealer) then you will get a raise and tickes to special events(car shows public/private, races)

pyar_deewane
12-02-2006, 09:58 PM
can you give yourself a really good deal when buying a car, like you said you get it for 500 above cost, but then you cold prolly give your self free winter tires, and like upgraded packages for cheap right?

Sharpie
12-02-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by pyar_deewane
can you give yourself a really good deal when buying a car, like you said you get it for 500 above cost, but then you cold prolly give your self free winter tires, and like upgraded packages for cheap right?
No most times 'you' dont sell yourself the car. Also most of the upgrades are through the parts department unless they come from the factory. So no because either which way someone will get billed and find out. I mean if you work in parts sure there is ways to give yourself free shit you just have to be sneaky. And like someone else said you get free access to the wash bays, its just good to get a good relationship with your service manager or the lot rats (detail kids)

me&you
12-02-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by pyar_deewane

No. Why would you be entitled to free things. The principle would chop nuts off for that.

ryanallan
12-02-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie

No most times 'you' dont sell yourself the car. Also most of the upgrades are through the parts department unless they come from the factory. So no because either which way someone will get billed and find out. I mean if you work in parts sure there is ways to give yourself free shit you just have to be sneaky. And like someone else said you get free access to the wash bays, its just good to get a good relationship with your service manager or the lot rats (detail kids)

thats "lot attendant"