it cost:D

KuruptEX
12-03-2006, 03:47 AM
the thing that u press a button and ur car cannot be started with
out the secret button being pressed

adam c
12-03-2006, 03:59 AM
do it urself?

buy a momentary switch from radio shack and trace ur ignition wires, cut, run wires, solder and presto ur done

cost: ~$4.00

KuruptEX
12-03-2006, 04:19 AM
i dunno how know any places and i live in temple so i need
one trust me u know what its like adam c

bituerbo
12-03-2006, 04:26 AM
defuser? WTF mate.

I think you're thinking of an immobilizer, which would require some custom work and a new set of custom-cut keys. If you're looking for a unique way to stop people stealing your car try a fuel key, wired into your fuel pump.

I had something similar, in the sense that unless I held the driver side window switch in the 'up' position while starting the car, the fuel pump would not come on. Car would run for 5 seconds max then shut off. Not sure how that system worked, but there was a small box which controlled it under the driver side dash.

adam c
12-03-2006, 04:41 AM
i put in a fuel cut off switch in my car and it works like a charm

now all i have to do is replace the switch with a relay so i can use the remote starter

if u want help with that let me know

h_s
12-03-2006, 10:35 AM
fuel cut off +1

BlackArcher101
12-03-2006, 01:58 PM
Sounds like a kill-switch to me. I installed my own in my old truck. Added a relay and momentary switch to the fuel pump circuit. Had to hold down the switch in order to turn on the fuel pump. Once started, the extra relay kept the pump running so the system would arm itself after turning off the engine. Had to cut a wire off the oil pressure sensor though. It was designed so that if the relay ever failed, the oil pressure sensor would supply power to the fuel pump if the engine was cranked long enough.

dj_rice
12-03-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by KuruptEX
well where cna i get a defuser installed and how much would
it cost:D

Immobilizer?Defuser?What a noob you are :rofl: :rofl:

And yes its a fuel kill switch your talking about :rofl: :rofl: Defuser :rofl: :rofl:

KuruptEX
12-03-2006, 03:25 PM
oh man my neighbors crx got broken into oh damn
the culprit tried to hot wire it damn but yay i got adam c coming
over so i hope this kill switch gets rid of all my worrying
yea my bad lol defuser and immobilizer lol well i need a KILL SWITCH
yay so pumped YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:D :D :D :D