PDA

View Full Version : can't locate on/off switch

comnd start prm
12-03-2006, 12:19 PM
HI there,
Newbie girl here who knows nothing about remote car starters ;)
I have a 2000 Grand Jeep Cherokee. I got a new batterie and now my care starter won't work I have the 1998 290i-C manual but it tells me to turn the on/off switch on and off in a pattern but I can'y locate the switch. I can see the LED light and followed the wire but can't find it..... Any idea where it could be? The remote beeps but nothing happens and the LED light is off.
Thanks

soupey
12-03-2006, 12:44 PM
i take it your looking for a valet switch?

if so, try finding your alarm brain, its a little box, a bunch of wires should be coming out from it, and from there u should be able to trace one of the smaller wires back to ur switch...

The Cosworth
12-03-2006, 12:46 PM
there will be a little red (most likely) toggle switch underneath the dash, it will be small and they mount them different depending on how your individual vehicle is set up.

I highly doubt as well that it will say on/off on it, it will probably be a toggle switch unmarked.

comnd start prm
12-03-2006, 01:13 PM
K Thanks guys I will go look again :)

soupey
12-03-2006, 01:58 PM
errr, it wont be a toggle switch if its the valet switch, it'll be a momentary (push button) switch...there is another toggle switch that is sometimes attached rather than attaching it to the gearbox ensure that the car is in PARK before engaging the remote start...this step can be skipped when installing a remote starter, and instead a switch can be wired to it...if your looking for that switch then it'll be a toggle switch - but again, if it was installed professionally the toggle switch likely isnt what your looking for.

Strugari
12-03-2006, 02:04 PM
Up until the CS320i Command start uses a toggle switch for on and off. It controls only the start function. The locks will still operate whether the switch is on or off.:thumbsup:

soupey
12-03-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Strugari
Up until the CS320i Command start uses a toggle switch for on and off. It controls only the start function. The locks will still operate whether the switch is on or off.:thumbsup:
ooooh ok haha sorry my bad