PDA

View Full Version : McDonalds - $22/hr?

CaseoftheEX
12-03-2006, 03:18 PM
I was told that McDs pay will be going up again shortly after the new year and they will be paying $22/hr min. Is this true? wow hhaah, I can just see it now all the people lining up to flip burgers.

?????
12-03-2006, 03:20 PM
I doubt it man.

3G
12-03-2006, 03:20 PM
i smell bs*smells* :bullshit:

CaseoftheEX
12-03-2006, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by ?????
I doubt it man. uhh you do know how much they pay right now? $15+, there is a massive shortage of workers and its only getting worse! some places for xmas cant even extend their hours because of this. why do you think places like McDs and Timmys have started to find workers overseas?

smontyLS1
12-03-2006, 03:27 PM
I heard they were already paying that much up north. I would think that would be a manager pay or something, this labor shortage is rediculous. If they start paying 22 bucks an hour to anyone off the street I'm freaking quitting my job as an apprentice. My boss told me that inflation doesn't affect me so I shouldn't expect a raise.......:bullshit:

TEAMFaint
12-03-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by 3G
i smell bs*smells* :bullshit:

Thats not bs you smell...thats McDonalds :rofl:

QuasarCav
12-03-2006, 04:03 PM
If Mcdonalds is paying that to start I'll work nights for the extra 40k a year and half price food.

That is obviously for an extreme case like Fort Mac or Grande Prairie and for a full time day shift. In Calgary I'm guessing 22/hr is close to what the top manager is getting.

Mibz
12-03-2006, 04:04 PM
I believe it. The McDonalds, Wendys and Burger King near my house only have their drive thru open a few hours a day on weekdays because they don't have the staff for it. 90% of fast food places have signs up apologising for the staffing issues. Wacky.

RotaryPower
12-03-2006, 04:05 PM
^^^

Yeah...
If it is for calgary... McDicks HERE I COME:burnout:

Supa Dexta
12-03-2006, 04:09 PM
I wonder what managers get... I should go manage one of them.. hell 2.. one in the morning, then an evening shift.. 100k/yr fast food jobs ftw...

:rofl:

civic_stylez
12-03-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by smontyLS1
I heard they were already paying that much up north. I would think that would be a manager pay or something, this labor shortage is rediculous. If they start paying 22 bucks an hour to anyone off the street I'm freaking quitting my job as an apprentice. My boss told me that inflation doesn't affect me so I shouldn't expect a raise.......:bullshit:

my thoughts exactly, im dropping my apprenticeship and going to McCracks if these rumours are true!

czechtino
12-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Man my first job was at mcdicks some time when i was like 15 or 16 years old and i was getting paid like 5.50 or some bull shit. 22 buck and hour or even 15 is huge money for doing bull shit work like that. Good to know I was getting bent over the hole time i was there.

:guns: :whipped:

Kritafo
12-03-2006, 04:18 PM
i know that back in the 80's wendy's managers were making in the 40,000.00 range.

But it meant being at their beck and call all hours of the day and night and having to deal with kids that don't show up for shift. Who do you think fills in....the managers.

When Wendy's had a salad bar they started at 5 am with the lettuce and chili. after closing it took hours to pack away and drain the salad bar they would clean until 3 or 4 in the morning. Only a few hours in the day that someone wasn't at the restaurant.

My best friend was a manager he did 44 k + a year that was around 1988

Ichigo
12-03-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
I wonder what managers get... I should go manage one of them.. hell 2.. one in the morning, then an evening shift.. 100k/yr fast food jobs ftw...

:rofl:

MCD's managers average 50-60G's a year now

I was making fun of my bro because when he was a swing manager there he got $6 something an hour.

czechtino
12-03-2006, 04:26 PM
Someone should tell this to all the stupid kids downtown cleaning car windows and asking for money. Get a job at mcdicks and stop begging for money. Wash car windows on your spare time man i hate those fools.

$lick_rYz
12-03-2006, 04:40 PM
it's finally time to see these fuckin big name companies bend over for us. I used to work at McDicks for minimum wage ($5.90 at the time) but it's finally good to see them get taken advantage of...and if it's $22/hour they gonna pay, man I'm quiting school and my bank job and ready to start flipping burgers again

?????
12-03-2006, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by CaseoftheEX
uhh you do know how much they pay right now? $15+, there is a massive shortage of workers and its only getting worse! some places for xmas cant even extend their hours because of this. why do you think places like McDs and Timmys have started to find workers overseas?

Let me ask my mom. Shes been working at McD's for 15+ years i don't even think she gets paid that much.

toyboy88
12-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by ?????

Let me ask my mom. Shes been working at McD's for 15+ years i don't even think she gets paid that much.

yeah no way, over the summer they went from base $7.50/hr to still only $8.50/hr and manager's were at $11/hr.

There's no way they have it at $15 (...in CGY at least, maybe extreme places like fort mac on a store by store basis).

and $22 = :bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit:

ICEBERG
12-03-2006, 06:40 PM
Couple months ago i took the kids over to McDonalds at country hills location. There was a lady who was taking orders over there just finished her shift. Afterwards I saw her walking to her car across the parking lot. Guess what she was driving. Brand new Mercedes Benz ML500. I told the kids i am quiting my day job and flipping burgers for a living.:D

sexualbanana
12-03-2006, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by $lick_rYz
it's finally time to see these fuckin big name companies bend over for us. I used to work at McDicks for minimum wage ($5.90 at the time) but it's finally good to see them get taken advantage of...and if it's $22/hour they gonna pay, man I'm quiting school and my bank job and ready to start flipping burgers again

Would you really pay a 14-15 year old teenagers anymore than that?

SpeedyZ
12-03-2006, 06:55 PM
uhhhhh yeah except for the fact that wendys and burger king in crowfoot were open only untill 5 because they were so understaffed and right now burger king is hiring at $15 hr?

Originally posted by toyboy88

yeah no way, over the summer they went from base $7.50/hr to still only $8.50/hr and manager's were at $11/hr.

There's no way they have it at $15 (...in CGY at least, maybe extreme places like fort mac on a store by store basis).

and $22 = :bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit:

88CRXGUY
12-03-2006, 06:59 PM
I was at Mcdicks yesterday and the sign said $9.50 daytime shift, and $8.50 for part time. There was nothing said about 22 bucks an hour, I call bullshit..

googe
12-03-2006, 07:12 PM
understaffed or not, theyre not paying that high. people are exaggerating. fast food salaries are up, but thats just laughable. more like $9 to $12.

you wouldnt be able to afford to take your family there if they were all making $22/hr.

dieselpower91
12-03-2006, 07:18 PM
I couldn't see them paying starting position employees more than $10 or so.

Half these signs you see "$12/hr full time @ dairy queen" etc... I am betting that they don't actually offer that as starting wage. That is probably "Starting wage <fine print>up to<end fine print> $12/hr" just to entice people into working those shitty jobs. I don;t care if they hired $22/hr I still wouldn't quit my job to make more money doing something I would hate and having to work with disrescting punks.

toyboy88
12-03-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by SpeedyZ
uhhhhh yeah except for the fact that wendys and burger king in crowfoot were open only untill 5 because they were so understaffed and right now burger king is hiring at $15 hr?

....ummm all of calgary understaffed much?

there's no way in hell that mcd's is paying 12+/hr for start, the employee turnover is to great that they can just find someone else to work 3-4 months, etc.

Spatz
12-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by CaseoftheEX
uhh you do know how much they pay right now? $15+, there is a massive shortage of workers and its only getting worse! some places for xmas cant even extend their hours because of this. why do you think places like McDs and Timmys have started to find workers overseas?
uhhhh i dont know where your getting your statistics form but there paying $8.50/h, maybe if your manager you get paid $15/h
hahaha

turbotrip
12-03-2006, 08:53 PM
a friend of mine started working at a burger king here in calgary last year at 16/hour flipping burgers, so it might be true

djayz
12-03-2006, 09:10 PM
maybe if they didnt build a tim hortons mcdonalds burger king starbucks second cup harveys and wendys on every street corner they would have enough people to work.

even tho there is a labour shortage how the hell do you expect to fill 200,000 or so jobs at fast food joints when our city only has a million people.

the max i think theyw ould pay anyone there is $12/hr. Labour jobs like in warehouses only pay like $12-$18 so how the hell would mcdonalds pay $22

realazy
12-03-2006, 09:14 PM
i know at the northland mcdonalds they're offering $10/hr, that's pretty far off from 22.

I heard in medicine hat and other cities are offering closer to 15 and 20 though, but you wont see that in calgary.

Dayclone
12-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Calgary has some serious issues with labor right now... but everyone is RICH! lol... I'm getting paid pretty good working at The Keg, but even a big company like us were experiencing labor shortages.

Steve

max_boost
12-03-2006, 10:22 PM
$22 is rather high. That number is probably reserved for those who have longer tenure and/or management. They will make what the market dictates. There is no such thing as being underpaid or overpaid in the service industry. Just a lot of people feeling they got the shaft when what someone they consider working a lower end job gets paid more than they do.

Dren
12-03-2006, 11:37 PM
22 is a bit high for Mc D's...

that 176 in a hour hour shift. think fast food would max around 15 in Calgary

BebeAphrodite
12-04-2006, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Spatz

uhhhh i dont know where your getting your statistics form but there paying $8.50/h, maybe if your manager you get paid $15/h
hahaha

My cousin works there, she's getting paid in the $8 range.

thinmyster
12-04-2006, 12:33 AM
cant put a price on your dignity though

max_boost
12-04-2006, 12:41 AM
What's so bad about working at McDonald's?

I know some people who have worked at the Riverbend McD's for over 10+years. Every business will need a core group of employees to stick together to make it work. No shame in working there.

slick2404
12-04-2006, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by thinmyster
cant put a price on your dignity though :rofl:

thrasher22
12-04-2006, 12:57 AM
I worked fast food for years, its not a bad job. :dunno:

But $22 is definatly BS for anything but a manager. Thats still high for managment at most fast food

Audio_Rookie
12-04-2006, 01:02 AM
tim hortons in fort Mac, new guys are getting 21$/hr.

so maybe up in fort mac....but not in Calgary.

CivicTunr
12-04-2006, 01:09 AM
i know the wendys on mccloud a little bit south of chinook,
was starting at 12.50$ when i went there about a month ago.

thrasher22
12-04-2006, 01:10 AM

http://www.dump.com/tnjwe/

Ajay
12-04-2006, 01:34 AM
My soci prof said he saw a sign on 16th Ave for a McDonalds that said $25/hr.

whodiman
12-04-2006, 08:59 AM
My wife is working at Mcdonalds right now. Full time hires start around 8.00-8.50/hour. My wife is just part time and only makes 7.70/hour.

Your next question is why is she still working there. Cause she can hardly speak English. The funny thing is there are workers with worse English than hers.

teggypimp95
12-04-2006, 09:04 AM
My cuz just went around to the mcdonalds all in the north and the most they said they start at is 9. So i think bs on the over 20 and hour.

clockworkboy
12-04-2006, 09:31 AM
that video made me sick...Americans...do you really expect anything less?

DepTrotter
12-04-2006, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by thrasher22

where is the ending?

who was it

TELL ME

was it grimas?
or hamburgular
OR RONALD MC FUCKIN DONALD

THE SUSPENSE

THE HORROR

THE DRAMA

OH MY

silver_gs-R
12-04-2006, 09:09 PM
NO WAY lol.

:bullshit:

bball2
12-04-2006, 10:56 PM
:bullshit:

~10$ to start nowadays, I doubt it'll go 15+ in the next year.

Xtrema
12-05-2006, 10:03 AM
All I know is they all use child labour but kids these days are useless and don't care.

Can't get nothing right and every McD I go to is at least 30min wait for food.

nusneak
12-05-2006, 10:09 AM
If any of you are an apprentice in a trade and are thinking about working at mcdonalds you are completely retarded.

I've been doing sheetmetal for around 4 years now and make journeymen rate hourly and around $400/day for contract work, and I've never been to school. I also know journeymen and 3rd and 4th year apprentices that make less then me.

A few months ago a friend of mine that works at arpis that has been to school 3 times (3 years + 3000$) makes $17/hr, meanwhile my completely green friend to the trade makes $16/hr.

If you are not making lots of money it is your own damn fault and I laugh at you
my brother can bearly spell his own name and burns more money every 2 weeks then I make in a month.

BTW: my mom has worked at wal-mart for 10+ years and makes just under $15/hr being an assistant manager

HuMz
12-10-2006, 03:11 PM
Sign today at the minapore mcdicks said "UP to 12$ a hour", im really hoping some of you didn't actually believe this fool.

CasperWho
12-10-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by nusneak
If any of you are an apprentice in a trade and are thinking about working at mcdonalds you are completely retarded.

I've been doing sheetmetal for around 4 years now and make journeymen rate hourly and around $400/day for contract work, and I've never been to school. I also know journeymen and 3rd and 4th year apprentices that make less then me.

A few months ago a friend of mine that works at arpis that has been to school 3 times (3 years + 3000$) makes $17/hr, meanwhile my completely green friend to the trade makes $16/hr.

If you are not making lots of money it is your own damn fault and I laugh at you
my brother can bearly spell his own name and burns more money every 2 weeks then I make in a month.

BTW: my mom has worked at wal-mart for 10+ years and makes just under $15/hr being an assistant manager

I think they were only saying foresay, under the assumption that mcdangles pay's 25/hr

reno97637
12-10-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by nusneak

So do you laugh at your mom?

Dren
12-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Audio_Rookie

True...most fast food would get in Calg is around 15 i bet

WWJAI
12-10-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Dren

True...most fast food would get in Calg is around 15 i bet

uhhhh..not even close..try more like 10 bucks an hr.

pinoyhero
12-11-2006, 07:03 AM

Hehe, whats dignity ... working as an IT slave downtown making $18 an hour, working unapid overtime, fighting through crowds on the train to get to work 40 mins each way ... or making $22, working exact shift and walking to work 5 mins both ways ...

toyboy88
12-11-2006, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by pinoyhero

Hehe, whats dignity ... working as an IT slave downtown making $18 an hour, working unapid overtime, fighting through crowds on the train to get to work 40 mins each way ... or making $22, working exact shift and walking to work 5 mins both ways ... :rofl:

nusneak
12-11-2006, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by reno97637

So do you laugh at your mom?
Its a little bit hard not to, but I can't do it when my dad is there because he also gets pissed he makes less then me. :nut:
Lucky he is so smart with money he does not need a lot, I end of wasting all of money so I need to make as much as i can :thumbsdow

DoubleLP
12-11-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Audio_Rookie

Does not surprised me. I lived in Fort Mac for 15 years and the labour shortage there right now is crazy.

No part of the service industry can keep there staff because they all go to the oilsands plants. Even the plants are having labor shortage issues. It is everywhere. Alberta grew too fast, too quickly.

Alberta is going to be like this for awhile yet until everything settles out and has time to catch up.

old&slow
12-11-2006, 02:18 PM
If they was paying $22 an hour ...there'd be no signs apologizing for not be open or for staffing shortages!

old&slow
12-11-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by DoubleLP

Does not surprised me. I lived in Fort Mac for 15 years and the labour shortage there right now is crazy.

No part of the service industry can keep there staff because they all go to the oilsands plants. Even the plants are having labor shortage issues. It is everywhere. Alberta grew too fast, too quickly.

Alberta is going to be like this for awhile yet until everything settles out and has time to catch up.

two things are gonna happen in Alberta...first labor from developing countries and second...work will be farmed out to overseas companies and shipped back here!
Both of which are happening.
Remains to be seen how it will affect the regular joe in the long run!

bulaian
12-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Ajay
My soci prof said he saw a sign on 16th Ave for a McDonalds that said $25/hr.

your soci prof is full of shit... either that or he's conducting an experiment to see how many of you people are gullible enough to believe it

Whitetiger
12-11-2006, 04:19 PM
$22/hour is quite a bit of money (for LABOUR) type of work, plus I doubt that the current workers hasn't gotten their little friends invovled if that were the case. (wake up, go to brainless work, smoke a little weed in the back, chill with your buddy at work, talk, chat, visit, make some food, clock-out, go home, turn on X-box/PS1,2,3, smoke some weed, order take out food...) and get paid $22/hr.

Originally posted by old&amp;slow
If they was paying $22 an hour ...there'd be no signs apologizing for not be open or for staffing shortages!

Whitetiger
12-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Yea, I was in Tim Hortons the other day... I wanted a smootie (hazelnut flavor), but the dude was staring at my BLANK... Like I'm the idiot.

I was like pointing and repeating at the board, he didn't even care to turn around to look, just kept on giving me blank stares.

Originally posted by whodiman
My wife is working at Mcdonalds right now. Full time hires start around 8.00-8.50/hour. My wife is just part time and only makes 7.70/hour.

Your next question is why is she still working there. Cause she can hardly speak English. The funny thing is there are workers with worse English than hers.

heavyD
12-11-2006, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
Would you really pay a 14-15 year old teenagers anymore than that?

Exactly. Maybe it's me but I find most kids these days working at restarants and retail are borderline braindead. They mope around and have this blank look on their face like fucking zombies. I'd rather do self-serve & check-out for everything than waste my time talking to statues that don't care to serve you nor have the mental capacity to answer a question. $1.50/hour is too much for todays wasted youth.:thumbsdow

Whitetiger
12-12-2006, 02:12 AM
Weird story

Originally posted by thrasher22