PDA

View Full Version : LG 8500 -- whys this thing so gimped

b_t
12-05-2006, 09:48 AM
alright so I just got a LG 8500, but a few things have already bothered me. Firstly, the screen is scratched to shit by anything I have in my pocket, whether its money, keys, or the inside of the pocket's zipper. The phone is only three days old and it looks like I took 100 grit sandpaper to the face of it. How can I buff the scratches out so they won't show up through the case I got for it?

Also, a lot of shit just doesn't work. Its got a micro-SD slot on it but I can't get it to do shit. I also have a bunch of truetone ringers, which are all totally sweet, but it won't let me set one of them as a voice mail or text message ringer. Any way I can change that?

i got the phone from telus if that helps.

ponchuk
12-12-2006, 09:05 PM
use bitpim. google search how to use it to put in data through blue tooth. u sort of have to hack the phone a bit to get around the crippling of the ph by telus. type lg 8500 hack.

vtec4life
12-13-2006, 01:21 AM
your blaming your plastic phone for getting scratched by keys and zippers? blame the universe for making alloy metal stronger than plastic

VW02
12-13-2006, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by vtec4life
your blaming your plastic phone for getting scratched by keys and zippers? blame the universe for making alloy metal stronger than plastic

If you had any sense you would realize that a lot of things dont get scratched easily. My phone for example doesnt get any scratches from my change or my keys or anything else I keep in my pockets. What he is clearly saying is that the phone scratches far too easily... which is a valid complaint.

DALLEN
12-13-2006, 01:36 AM
i have the lg kg800 basically the gsm version of the lg vx8500 i have had my phone for about 3 weeks now and i dont have single scratch on it. i suggest you take better care of your phone!!
as for the changing of the message alerts i'm yet to find a way to change those myself so i cant help you there read tha manual it should let you know in there. these phone's are really proned to fingerprints and some times contact with things such as money or keys scratch the finger print and not the phone there have been a few times when pull out my phone and it looks like there is scratches all over it. just take a glasses silk cleaning rag wipe the phone down and have a look you might not have any scratches at all.

vtec4life
12-13-2006, 01:40 AM
VW02 is your phone a flip phone? cuz if it is that makes perfect sense but if not i dont understand how a plastic screen holds up to a key..

hoamic11
12-13-2006, 09:43 AM
he might has a case or pouch for it, i can't stand not putting a phone in a case to protect it, cause i hate it when it gets scratched

b_t
12-13-2006, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by vtec4life

it was scratched to shit within about one hour of my buying it and leaving it in my pocket. my old phone had a screen like this but it did not scratch even one tenth as bad as this one does

Originally posted by DALLEN
i have the lg kg800 basically the gsm version of the lg vx8500 i have had my phone for about 3 weeks now and i dont have single scratch on it. i suggest you take better care of your phone!!

when a phone costs this much, I do keep very good care of it, but its got poorly chosen plastic over the display so IMO it would get scratched no matter what. I don't keep it in a pocket with anything now, but even the stiching on my leather jacket's inside pocket is enough to scuff the screen.

Hamann
12-13-2006, 12:44 PM
Never had problems with my current Phone (Razr) but my last 2 phones were piece of shit audiovox's that the screen cracked less than a month into having both. :dunno:

rockym20
12-13-2006, 10:32 PM
If you read the instructions, you will figure out how to use the SD card...

b_t
12-13-2006, 11:07 PM
Certain shit is blocked, I have found out. Like music. That was not in the instruction manual.

Trust me - I check the basic shit before I go and post on a forum. I am not a complete idiot.