PDA

View Full Version : trade freedom?

liquid1010
12-05-2006, 12:28 PM
Anyone here use them? I am currently using TD, but the fees are quite high, and trades seem to take longer than I hoped.

Any thoughts?

aklalani
12-15-2006, 03:33 PM
i am currently in the process of transferring my account from TD to Trade Freedom. Hopefully all goes well. They also have a special on transfer fees right now. $125 off the cost.

hjr
12-15-2006, 03:42 PM
check out http://questrade.com/index.html as well

liquid1010
12-16-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by aklalani
i am currently in the process of transferring my account from TD to Trade Freedom. Hopefully all goes well. They also have a special on transfer fees right now. $125 off the cost.

That's exactly what I'm looking at doing right now. TD is $29 for a simple trade.... which IMO is excessive.

If you wouldn't mind, let me know how things transfer over at tradefreedom.

calgarycoffee
12-16-2006, 05:35 PM
A suggestion...phone trade freedom, and advise them that you will move your account over, transfer your funds to trade freedom, if all works out, eventually transfer your RRSP etc over (you don't have to do that) and tell them that the bank is charging a fee, and in most cases they will pickup the transfer fee. If you are pleasant with the person on the phone, it usually helps. Good luck

Whitetiger
12-16-2006, 07:55 PM
+1 for most places will "pick up" any transfering expensives just to gain a potential new customer. (every bank/brokerage probably does this)

Originally posted by calgarycoffee
A suggestion...phone trade freedom, and advise them that you will move your account over, transfer your funds to trade freedom, if all works out, eventually transfer your RRSP etc over (you don't have to do that) and tell them that the bank is charging a fee, and in most cases they will pickup the transfer fee. If you are pleasant with the person on the phone, it usually helps. Good luck