PDA

View Full Version : Race of Champions in HDTV Live!

rage2
12-05-2006, 03:01 PM
Well now that we get HDNet in Canada... this will be the first year Canadians get to see this live!

HDNet to Present Live, Exclusive Coverage of The Race of Champions - Nations Cup

Watch Team USA take on the world! A star studded line-up and a longer, faster track bring new excitement to this annual racing event - LIVE from the Stade de France, Paris

The Race of Champions - Nations Cup returns LIVE to HDNet for the third consecutive year, Saturday, December 16th at 11:00 am ET. The broadcast features the return of 2006 NASCAR Nextel Cup Champion Jimmie Johnson and his X-Games partner Travis Pastrana as they try to capture a victory for Team USA.

The Race of Champions - Nations Cup is a unique racing competition that pits the world’s best circuit racers and off-road drivers against each other in a rally race format. The premise is simple: by using identical equipment and track, the drivers can prove themselves based on their talent alone.

“Once again, HDNet will be the only place in the US to see live coverage of these accomplished drivers racing to become the Champion of Champions,” said Mark Cuban, Co-founder and President of HDNet. “We’re proud to bring this unique racing event to our viewers - not to mention that our high-def cameras bring a whole new brand of excitement to the race!”

This year, sixteen drivers from the worlds of F1, WRC, DTM, WTCC, NASCAR, Champ Car, Rally-Raids and Endurance will compete in a series of knockout heats in their own division to determine the champion of each class.

Then, in a shootout to determine who is the master of motorsport, the winners from the two divisions, rally and racing, go head-to-head in a super final. The winner is rewarded with the title “The Champion of Champions.”

"I’m thrilled about being able to represent Team USA again this season,” said Johnson. "It's a great event that pits the top drivers in Motorsports from around the world from every discipline. Typically, you don’t get the chance to race against the top competitors from Formula One, off-road, rally and Champ cars, but this event allows you to do it with its creative format. I’m looking forward to getting out there and representing the United States and NASCAR."

Johnson, this year’s winner of the NASCAR Nextel Cup and both this year’s Daytona 500 and Brickyard 400, was a member of Team USA in 2002, claiming America’s first Nations Cup title in the Canary Islands with teammates Jeff Gordon and Colin Edwards. This will be the 31-year old Johnson’s third ROC event.

The 23 year-old Pastrana, perhaps best known for his exploits on motorcycles, competed in the ROC-Nations Cup in 2003, and in Paris last year. This year, Pastrana has already clinched the North American Rally America series title, and last August, he took the gold medal in the inaugural X-Games Rally 12, beating none other than former World Rally Champion Colin McRae from Scotland.

Other featured drivers for this event are Formula 1 stars Jenson Button, David Coulthard, Rally World Champions Sebastien Loeb, Marcus Gronholm and Colin McRae, Dakar Champion Stephane Peterhansel, Champ Car Champion Sebastien Bourdais, 7-time Le Mans winner Tom Kristensen, etc…

For more information visit www.hd.net .

For F1 fans... in 2004... Schumacher got his ass handed to him by newbie Heikki Kovalainen, who has worked his way up to F1 with Renault next year.

Live, in HD kids. Don't miss it!

962 kid
12-05-2006, 03:44 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

do you still have that HD clip of Kovalainen vs Schumi from 2004? I miss it dearly haha

rage2
12-05-2006, 03:49 PM
http://videos.beyond.ca/cars/roc1hd.wmv

discussions from the 04 event.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=68593

Whats crazy is that was Kovalainen's first time in a F360. He set the lap record in every car that day. Open wheel, Rally car, and F360. Actually I think it was his first time in all 3 cars.

CasperWho
12-05-2006, 03:53 PM
Nice pic, out in Bragg Creek Rage?

Oz-
12-05-2006, 04:04 PM
I have only heard of this channel being available to BEV and Rogers customers. Is there any truth to the rumor that they brought this down to 720i from the American feed of 1080i?

rage2
12-05-2006, 04:27 PM
On BEV it's downrezed from 1080i source --> 720p (as with most BEV channels).

Not sure about Rogers.

Hakkola
12-06-2006, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by rage2
http://videos.beyond.ca/cars/roc1hd.wmv

discussions from the 04 event.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=68593

Whats crazy is that was Kovalainen's first time in a F360. He set the lap record in every car that day. Open wheel, Rally car, and F360. Actually I think it was his first time in all 3 cars.

Finn's for the win :thumbsup:

buh_buh
12-06-2006, 04:42 PM
does HDnet Canada actually get to see this? Because HDnet USA and HDnet Canada has different programming schedules (ie HDnet Canada doesn't get the Flames game later this month). It seems like the only shows on HDnet Canada are Art Mann and Bikini Destinations :rofl:

Loose
12-06-2006, 04:51 PM
shaw doesn't have hdnet, does it?

rage2
12-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
does HDnet Canada actually get to see this? Because HDnet USA and HDnet Canada has different programming schedules (ie HDnet Canada doesn't get the Flames game later this month). It seems like the only shows on HDnet Canada is Art Mann and Bikini Destinations :rofl:
Art Mann and Bikini Destinations is good enough for me! :rofl:

Ya, it'll be on HDNet Canada AFAIK. The rights for this is totally different.

Oz-
12-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Loose
shaw doesn't have hdnet, does it?

Only companies to carry this channel in Canada are Bell & Rogers. Email Shaw (https://secure.shaw.ca/need_help/Request_Help_Form.asp) that you want it, you never know they might add it. [hell freezes]