PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 commercial

wainr
12-05-2006, 06:46 PM
Anyone see it? :thumbsup:

Was premiered last night on Monday Night Football.

Also dont forget to head to www.halo3.com to sign up for the beta. :D

SD version

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/4000/Halo-3-Trailer/

HD version

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360-hires/4001/Halo-3-Trailer-HD/

wontonton_65
12-05-2006, 06:58 PM
wish that was what halo 3 was gonna look it. they have screen shots of it already out. I LOOKS LIKE CRAP!... They should hire the guy that did gears of war or RB6

wainr
12-05-2006, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by wontonton_65
wish that was what halo 3 was gonna look it. they have screen shots of it already out. I LOOKS LIKE CRAP!... They should hire the guy that did gears of war or RB6

The game is a year away.. I would hardly judge it by some screenshots of a very early beta of the game... :dunno:

Some of the guys from 1Up have seen a newer build of the game and have said you will forget Gears of War pretty quickly. I have no doubt Bungie will bring the 360 to its knees when they are done.

Vagabond142
12-05-2006, 08:51 PM
AH! FINALLY they start doing mo-cap for the cinematics!

And if you watched the E3 trailer, the E3 trailer is actual game engine running in real time. Granted, it's very specific code for the trailer itself, but it is game engine. I'm expecting Halo 3 to be on par with GoW graphics wise.

CasperWho
12-05-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by wainr

Some of the guys from 1Up have seen a newer build of the game and have said you will forget Gears of War pretty quickly. I have no doubt Bungie will bring the 360 to its knees when they are done.

:werd:

yellowsnow
12-06-2006, 10:02 AM
Sweet, i hope i get into the beta testing :burnout:

Xtrema
12-06-2006, 10:32 AM
That shield grenade would make some interesting on-line play.

Sprinter
12-06-2006, 11:14 AM
I wonder if you can throw a sheild grenade at an opponent... while they try and shoot you with a rocket launcher... that should be fun :D

HiTempguy1
12-07-2006, 10:52 AM
I think the conversation would go a little like "Die mother-F*&ker", and then a loud TINK as the shield-grenade whapped the guy in the head, surrounded him, and the rocket exploded.

Zero102
12-07-2006, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the link, I signed up :D
Didn't know there was going to be a public-ish beta test, but halo 3 looks amazing, I Can't wait!

kylemitz
12-18-2006, 06:02 PM
Part of the halo 3 commercial was pre-rendered (little kids). Every other part is what the in-game footage will look like. I am pretty sure by releasing a year after gears of war that the graphics will be better than gears of war itself.

I cant wait for the replay footage being brought in, i cant wait to show off a sick play to friends haha.

jumperman8
12-18-2006, 06:18 PM
that is too sick, are they making it for regular Xbox, or do i have to finally break down and buy a 360?? hahah

kylemitz
12-18-2006, 06:24 PM
lol 360 only, sorry. hahaha

SiR_lyfe
12-18-2006, 09:59 PM
its gonna be insane

wontonton_65
12-19-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by kylemitz
Part of the halo 3 commercial was pre-rendered (little kids). Every other part is what the in-game footage will look like. I am pretty sure by releasing a year after gears of war that the graphics will be better than gears of war itself.

I cant wait for the replay footage being brought in, i cant wait to show off a sick play to friends haha.

Thats what i was trying to say before, its pre rendered thats not even close to ingame footage. That trailer is using the same rendering process as spiderman or toy story.

Bungie took almost 6 years to develope the oringnal halo. acutally halo was devopled for MAC orginally. Then bingie got bought out by microsoft.

Heres for "gamefootage" http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/734/734817/imgs_2.html

With the new halo engine and it looks like SHIT. Unless microsoft buys the unreal 3 engine with is running on gears or war and rainbow six vegas. i doubt the game will run or look as good.

Im not a halo hater i acutally like halo alot and yes i do own a 360.

kylemitz
12-19-2006, 07:38 PM
Im pretty sure by releasing almost a year after gears of war it will look/play better than gears of war. Im pretty sure the last game of the most anticipated game series for xbox of all time will look amazing, bungie wont let us down...

wainr
12-19-2006, 09:06 PM

Thats what i was trying to say before, its pre rendered thats not even close to ingame footage. That trailer is using the same rendering process as spiderman or toy story.

Bungie took almost 6 years to develope the oringnal halo. acutally halo was devopled for MAC orginally. Then bingie got bought out by microsoft.

Heres for "gamefootage" http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/734/734817/imgs_2.html

With the new halo engine and it looks like SHIT. Unless microsoft buys the unreal 3 engine with is running on gears or war and rainbow six vegas. i doubt the game will run or look as good.

Im not a halo hater i acutally like halo alot and yes i do own a 360.

How many times must it be explained that those screen shots are of an early BETA of the game and do not in any way represent what the final game will look like..

The Bungie guys even explained that most of the effects are not even in place yet and that most of the textures are placeholders..

Do you honestly think from now to next fall there will be no progress on this?

C'mon for crying out loud.

Post when the final game is released.. I can guarantee you will be eating crow.

wainr
12-19-2006, 09:33 PM
Tomorrow on live.

http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?cid=9340

Tomorrow morning, on December 20th at 2am PST (Pacific Standard Time) the US English version of our next “ViDoc” will go live. What’s a Vidoc, you ask? A Video-Documentary. What’s it about, you ask? It’s about Brutes in Halo 3, but before we say more, read the following caveats just so there’s no confusion:

· There are no finished graphics in the documentary, and everything you see is a work in progress.

· This will be available initially only on Xbox Live Marketplace.

· The first version of the Vidoc, US English, will be live at 2am, PST.

· The rest of the localized language versions will be parceled out afterwards, hopefully within 24 hours. Please be patient.

· We will make another, non-marketplace version available relatively soon.

· It runs for seven minutes.

· Standard definition and high definition variants will be available.

The documentary will run for almost exactly seven minutes (coincidence? UNLIKELY!) and contains a first peek at the bad guy you will grow to love and hate in Halo 3. Well, mostly hate, but you will love fighting him.

You’ll see what amounts in a way to the first glimpse at Campaign content, but don’t get too excited. Everything you see here is a work in progress, and I’m afraid you won’t be seeing anything like finished graphics. This is just a chance to talk about the design philosophy and production behind what’s going to become a very important part of the next game. But don’t worry, I’ll answer lot more questions tomorrow.

kylemitz
12-21-2006, 06:56 PM
wasnt to interesting of a ViDoc... They basically explained that brutes will look different and they will have a little better AI... didnt see that coming! They were pretty useless in Halo 2, im glad they are improving them. Halo 2 on legendary was still a two shot kill on 'em.

wainr
12-21-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by kylemitz
wasnt to interesting of a ViDoc... They basically explained that brutes will look different and they will have a little better AI... didnt see that coming! They were pretty useless in Halo 2, im glad they are improving them. Halo 2 on legendary was still a two shot kill on 'em.

At least we got a peak at what it looks like right now. The Brutes look pretty cool.

kylemitz
12-24-2006, 11:28 AM
true but they will look much better by launch!

wontonton_65
12-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Those trailers look WEEAAAKKK the animation on the charicters have clipping! and the textures on the charicter move and jump!.... Why would microsoft leave out stuff like finished textures? Do you work in the industry? Did you see gears of war in its alpha stage?! they showed one character and one scene from a level and it looked 10X better then what were seeing with halo in beta /preview video.

I hope microsoft/bungie steps it up on the gameplay. from the preview video i think microsoft/bungie knows that the graphical has been set high so there concentrating on Gameplay and physics. I didnt hear them talk once about dynamic lighting? textures?

Originally posted by wainr

How many times must it be explained that those screen shots are of an early BETA of the game and do not in any way represent what the final game will look like..

The Bungie guys even explained that most of the effects are not even in place yet and that most of the textures are placeholders..

Do you honestly think from now to next fall there will be no progress on this?

C'mon for crying out loud.

Post when the final game is released.. I can guarantee you will be eating crow.

kylemitz
12-24-2006, 12:03 PM
Your dumb. First of all, why would they waste their time putting in graphics and textures that are going to be replaced anyway? It seems like a waste of time to me. Second of all, the purpose of that video was not to show off graphics, i dont know if you noticed or not, but it was to show the new "Brutes" they have modified to make the game better.

Maybe next time you will think about your comments before you post again. If you want to look at good graphics then watch the tv trailer that was released on Dec. 4th.

Have a nice day... Merry Christmas too

wainr
12-24-2006, 12:50 PM
Those trailers look WEEAAAKKK the animation on the charicters have clipping! and the textures on the charicter move and jump!.... Why would microsoft leave out stuff like finished textures? Do you work in the industry? Did you see gears of war in its alpha stage?! they showed one character and one scene from a level and it looked 10X better then what were seeing with halo in beta /preview video.

I hope microsoft/bungie steps it up on the gameplay. from the preview video i think microsoft/bungie knows that the graphical has been set high so there concentrating on Gameplay and physics. I didnt hear them talk once about dynamic lighting? textures?

Did you even read what I typed???

What they showed is clearly not even close to being finished..what part of that do you find so hard to grasp?

Or are you just trolling?

Come back when the game is launched then talk.

kylemitz
12-24-2006, 01:07 PM
probably a playstation fanboy ;) .

seriously though, we have told you numerous times in this thread... THATS NOT FINAL GRAPHICS!! Do you want me to come pound this newly found information into your head?

Anyway, i would rather have a game that looks bad a year before release, then looks amazing when its released, and also plays good too, then the other way around.

Bungie has made 2 amazing games previous to halo 3, dont you think they might put a lil effort into graphics/gameplay? I mean, close to, if not more than 10 million people are relying on them, with that little bit of pressure they miggggght make the game look good, undonno maybe im just stupid for thinking that? :confused:

If it doesnt look good now, does that mean it wont look good on release? Obviosly.... :devil: