PDA

View Full Version : Auto Temp Air & Sound 507 - 42 Ave SE

bytezone
12-06-2006, 05:04 PM
:banghead: :banghead: I took my car in for them to have my compuSTAR brain re-programmed and the guy told me that it shouldn't be any problem and should cost roughly 50 dollars. Dropped off the car in the morning and called them back in the afternoon to see if it was completed. Instead of a YES, they told me that the installer instead of re-programming the unit ( car battery died and the unit's computer got wiped out ) which should be less than half an hour of work, he cut all my wires leading to the alarm/starter computer and pulled it out of my car. Then they tell me that the guy that installed it didn't do a good job. All he did was use electric tape and didn't use solder. That's why they had to pull the whole unit out. And on top of that, they wanted $400 dollars for them to re-wire the whole car and put the brain back in. I was completely shocked when they told me that...cause I didn't have any problems with my alarm and was using it for a whole year and a half. So I told them that I didn't want to do it. So they gave me back to car, but instead of putting it back to the way I brought it in, they just wire to car so that it's started properly, but my alarm/starter was left sitting on the floor. I took the car to Futureshop and told them what happened, and the guy told me that it should only take 2 hours of work to fix the mess that they created and cost around $100 dallars.

DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO THIS PLACE, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!1!

DoubleLP
12-06-2006, 05:11 PM
Wow! They should not have done ANYTHING to your car more then what you wanted done without consulting you first.

I would take that $100 bill from Future Shop back to Autotemp and tell them to pay the bill for the shit that they caused.

Hopefully everything works out for ya!

Jynx
12-06-2006, 05:16 PM
how come you didnt make them re install the alarm?

ZorroAMG
12-06-2006, 05:54 PM
Well, I had exactly the OPPOSITE happen...future shop fucked me, autotemp helped me. Take this thread with a grain of salt.