PDA

View Full Version : Longest USPS/Canada Post wait times?

frozenrice
12-06-2006, 09:12 PM
What are some of the longest times anybody here has waited for something to be shipped from the US via postal service?
I bought a part off of ebay on October 17th and as of today I still haven't got it. The seller claims he sent it right away but because he used the cheapest USPS service available, there is no tracking number. I did however ask him numerous times for the customs delcaration number but no response. I already started the claim process with paypal, but I'm wondering if I'm jumping the gun a bit.

lilmira
12-06-2006, 09:15 PM
That's like a month and a half. May be they deliver the package on foot.

thinmyster
12-06-2006, 09:16 PM
i would wait a week before its too late to file just to be sure. Theres no harm in protecting yourself though. although its not out of the question that it could be on its way

Lo)2enz0
12-06-2006, 09:19 PM
when i bought my advans i purchased them in janurary. didn't get them till like may

but i had a tracking number. even the smallest thing has a tracking number so...i am calling bullshit on the seller

Weapon_R
12-06-2006, 09:20 PM
That's over 6 weeks, i've never waited that long.

Arthur Dent
12-06-2006, 09:24 PM
USPS can take months ... that is why it is so cheap. :(

3G
12-06-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Arthur Dent
USPS can take months ... that is why it is so cheap. :(

ive recieved stuff with them in 2 weeks

Sk8erlude
12-06-2006, 09:26 PM
I have gone through this myself with my injectors and with a purchase from e-bay. I waited 2 months before i got the stuff. The tracking number IS the receipt that the sender would have when the package was sent.
You can open an investigation on the package but the sender must do it. I find that very gay.
I think they strap the package on a turtle and point it in the direction of Canada and say "good luck sucker!".
I hope you got insurance and next time pay for the step up on shipping.
Good luck!!

benyl
12-06-2006, 09:31 PM
I waited 3 months for my headlights from California. Canada Customs also takes their sweet time.

85regal
12-06-2006, 09:32 PM
most stuff from the u.s. seems to take around 3 weeks. have waited as long as just over 4 weeks. and had stuff as quick as 1 week.

Z_Fan
12-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Longest wait I've had was 5 weeks when I knew for certain the ship date. So that was from ship date to arrival date.

Normally I see stuff in 2 to 3 weeks.

frozenrice
12-06-2006, 09:34 PM
I'm actually still hoping that it'll still arrive. I'd rather get the actual product than go through the claim process. I have a little under a week to upgrade the dispute to a claim, so I'll wait until then to do that. I actually called USPS and they confirmed that some parcel/mail services do not provide a tracking number (as the vendor claimed), so giving the vendor the benefit of the doubt I am taking his word for it for now. Still, 6 weeks for a short shifter and bushing kit seems excessive. I've recieved lots of other parts from the states via USPS with no problems before. This is by far the longest I've waited for something so small. Since the guy won't give me any help I've suggested via paypal's dispute process that he refund the money and he can chase them for the lost product. It'll be interesting to see what comes out of it.

frozenrice
12-06-2006, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Sk8erlude
I have gone through this myself with my injectors and with a purchase from e-bay. I waited 2 months before i got the stuff. The tracking number IS the receipt that the sender would have when the package was sent.
You can open an investigation on the package but the sender must do it. I find that very gay.
I think they strap the package on a turtle and point it in the direction of Canada and say "good luck sucker!".
I hope you got insurance and next time pay for the step up on shipping.
Good luck!!

yeah I remember you going through that. when I sent my injectors to the same guy as you via Canada Post, I got them back in under two weeks.

unfortunately on this purchase, the guy didn't offer any options in terms of shipping so I was stuck paying what he listed.

RotaryPower
12-06-2006, 09:43 PM
I had to wait ~3 months with USPS for my lowering kit...

ended up making the seller send me a whole new kit... after confirming a new one would be sent, recieved it within 2 weeks :D

hussein
12-06-2006, 09:59 PM
Usually 2 weeks regular USPS from US -> Canada.

USPS Global Express: 1 week (5 bus. days) usually. I try to opt to use this method if possible, and if the seller doesn't offer it I just pm them. It usually costs not that much more (ie. 20 instead of 10), and in my mind its well worth it if you read up about the service on their website vs standard.

I don't know about regular usps, but I know for sure with USPS GE you can track it on CP's website once its in Canada, as it updates more frequently once the package is in Canada, where as the USPS website has a day or two lag in updates once its in Canada I have found.

Good luck.

BerserkerCatSplat
12-07-2006, 12:03 AM
That's nothing, I had a PDA shipped to me two years ago, and I still haven't got it! :rofl:

Are you guys talking about USPS Ground or International Air?

Zephyr
12-07-2006, 12:05 AM
It took me 1 month to get my camera remote from NY to CA through USPS... freaking unreliable government bs.

Arthur Dent
12-07-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by 3G

ive recieved stuff with them in 2 weeks

key word being can - its quite unpredictable

VW02
12-07-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Z_Fan

Normally I see stuff in 2 to 3 weeks.

Yea I just ordered some stuff and it came in 2 and a half weeks

zieg
12-07-2006, 10:13 AM
Well I bought a second generation Pontiac Trans Am 400 shaker hood scoop a few years ago. Still hasnt arrived. :P

But seriously, I bought a ps2 controller back in march, didn't see it until june..

legendboy
12-07-2006, 11:18 AM
i had a $600 order of flanges that didn't show up for about 9 months lol!

Hash_man
12-07-2006, 01:24 PM
This is probably a pretty bad time of year for usps I would imagine... especially because they seem to be pretty damn slow normally too.

My packages shipped through USPS have taken anywhere from 2 weeks to about 5 or 6 weeks. It seems like a long time, and usually I would complain, but after being raped by UPS numerous times, when they aren't much faster at shipping seems pointless to me.

infected
12-07-2006, 01:40 PM
Just wondering what kind of shipping method everyone uses?

I'm impatient so I always ship express. I think the longest wait I had with USPS was 10 days.

sgouki
12-07-2006, 04:15 PM
I know what you mean. I'm still waiting for stuff and it's been a month. They can be fast some times at 1 week from US to...well I think longest is 2 months

DoubleLP
12-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Just ask the e-bayer to send it by UPS or FedEx or something, that way you ALWAYS get a tracking number.

It should not matter how you want it shipped, you are paying for it.

I could care less if it costs a little more, at least this way I get a tracking number and can keep an eye on the package.

frozenrice
12-23-2006, 09:49 AM
UPDATE :

The package never arrived and the seller never attempted to try and help me out. I upgraded my dispute to a claim and the guy didn't even bother responding to that so paypal automatically decided in my favour.
:clap:

Off to Mopac today.......

BoS_DC2
12-23-2006, 09:57 AM
I recently bought some jeans off ebay on Nov 24th, the seller was using USPS and located in New Jersey. The jeans arrived today :D .

Glad you got your money back.

old&slow
12-23-2006, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by hussein
Usually 2 weeks regular USPS from US -> Canada.

USPS Global Express: 1 week (5 bus. days) usually. I try to opt to use this method if possible, and if the seller doesn't offer it I just pm them. It usually costs not that much more (ie. 20 instead of 10), and in my mind its well worth it if you read up about the service on their website vs standard.

I don't know about regular usps, but I know for sure with USPS GE you can track it on CP's website once its in Canada, as it updates more frequently once the package is in Canada, where as the USPS website has a day or two lag in updates once its in Canada I have found.

Good luck.

I used that method the very first time I had something shipped in from the US. After that every place I wanted shipping from denied that USPS had a "global Express" shipping method. They simply don't want to ship unless it's UPS. Weird!

jharp
12-23-2006, 10:12 AM
i bought an ipod off ebay about three months ago and it took over seven weeks delivery. the guy ship it standard post which cost him 2.75, and he charged me 26 bucks for delivery

Supa Dexta
12-23-2006, 10:25 AM
I've used them half a dozen times in the last 6-8months and everything came within 2 weeks...

Hopefully now that they decided in your favour, it'll show up as well..

:thumbsup:

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-23-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
I've used them half a dozen times in the last 6-8months and everything came within 2 weeks...

Hopefully now that they decided in your favour, it'll show up as well..

:thumbsup:

That would be a best case scenario, hope it happens :thumbsup:

frozenrice
12-23-2006, 03:40 PM
Well I used the money that I got back today and went to Mopac. I should have done a little more homework first. I assumed that it would be way more expensive at Mopac but it turns out it was actually cheaper. Go figure. I saved on shipping, exchange rate and duties. The ebay purchase worked out to about $95 before duties and at Mopac it was $68.00 out the door.

Palmiros
12-23-2006, 03:50 PM
I've never waited more than 2 weeks for any eBay (international) transaction.

Palmiros
12-23-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by lilmira
That's like a month and a half. May be they deliver the package on foot.

LMFAO. That made my day.

schurchill39
12-25-2006, 12:11 AM
I delt with a guy on ebay where i ordered something and it didnt come for a month and a bit so I contacted him and he always had an excuse, the day that it was to late to bring up a dispute with ebay or paypal, he stoped contacting me. Mind you this was from australia (IIRC).

barbarian
12-25-2006, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by jharp
i bought an ipod off ebay about three months ago and it took over seven weeks delivery. the guy ship it standard post which cost him 2.75, and he charged me 26 bucks for delivery
You can report that to Ebay, it is inflating the shipping cost to save on auction fees. They'll give him a slap.