PDA

View Full Version : Heated seats

Impreza
12-07-2006, 02:07 AM
Looking into the possiblity of getting some heated seats for my car. Does anyone know of any place locally that can make my seats into "heated" seats?

Thanks,

hoamic11
12-07-2006, 09:21 AM
if you can, try finding a set of heated seats from a 1.6el, and they'll directly bolt in

topher91
12-07-2006, 09:22 AM
The Car Salon does it. I think its about $300 to do it though.

HRD2PLZ
12-07-2006, 09:40 AM
hmm, anyone know if its possible to have the back seats heated? My front seats are, but I think it would be nice to have the back heated as well.

EnRich
12-07-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by topher91
The Car Salon does it. I think its about $300 to do it though.

Yea but their incompetant enough to screw up a tint job, imagine what they'd do in a bolt on situation :rofl:

hoamic11
12-07-2006, 09:55 AM
^ hahahahahaha

MintRacer
12-07-2006, 10:03 AM
autotemp does em front and back seats 250-8677 NE location

tapout
12-07-2006, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by EnRich

Yea but their incompetant enough to screw up a tint job, imagine what they'd do in a bolt on situation :rofl: :werd: :rofl:

HHURICANE1
12-07-2006, 10:08 AM
Any of the upholstery places can do it. DeGreeves, Alpine etc.

hoamic11
12-07-2006, 10:16 AM
i know there was this one up b4, and not for sure if it sold but here

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=133541&highlight=heated

Impreza
12-07-2006, 12:20 PM
^ Don't want to swap out the seats from my car. I prefer to keep the seats that I already have.

Besides TCS, how much does it usually cost?

sgouki
12-07-2006, 04:02 PM
I am also quite interested in the price
If this is for your s2k I don't think you wanna down grade your seats to an el

MarX
12-07-2006, 06:00 PM
If you're not worried about looks all too much just pick up heated seat covers from like walmart or something. They're like 8 bucks and just plug into a cig lighter. Not the most elegant way but it works.

hoamic11
12-07-2006, 06:41 PM
if their for your s2k, i thought that oem s2k leather seats came heated

Mitsu3000gt
12-07-2006, 07:52 PM

Yea but their incompetant enough to screw up a tint job, imagine what they'd do in a bolt on situation :rofl:

Haha I wouldn't even want to know what would happen if they got ahold of a seat, let alone a tint job. Oh my goodness it would be disasterous. And if you ever had a problem and wanted to claim warranty........not happening.

There is an awesome place that does interior/leather/vynl work. They re-covered my center console in my 3000GT and it was better than stock. I forget what their called, but they are just east of McLeod in the same area as shadow tint, tunerworks, etc.

EnRich
12-08-2006, 10:04 AM
The wife hates my heated seats........
which is weird cause I get my seats heated free, I just add beans to my diet. Instant heated seats baby!

rc2002
12-08-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Impreza
^ Don't want to swap out the seats from my car. I prefer to keep the seats that I already have.

Besides TCS, how much does it usually cost?

What car is it for? If it's your civic, then +1 from me for getting 1.6EL seats. It'll cost you more to get it done aftermarket, plus it won't be as reliable and you'll need to rig up some ghetto wiring (and possibly switches).

EDIT: After some research, I found out that S2000's didn't come with heated seats. If you're paying that kind of coin for a car, you'd expect there'd be heated seats. They should be standard for convertibles - especially for driving in cooler weather with the top down.

Gondi Stylez
12-08-2006, 06:20 PM
how could i do this for my a4 seats in the rear? could i just buy the heating coils and the switches for the ceneter console from the stealership or something? i think it is much harder that i think it is?!

i really want my rear seats heated!!

Quick
12-08-2006, 08:08 PM
FEI:

I SAW CARBON seat heaters on IWSTI, super thin and waterproof.

mo_money2supe
12-08-2006, 08:24 PM
I once worked at a dealership and I bought the heated seating pads at cost from the company that installs aftermarket heated seats for them. It costed about $300 for the pair, and you can find the same brand for about $350 on eBay shipped.

Anyway, I installed them myself into my stock EG seats and I have had nothing but problem free operation for the past 2+ years. It's really not that hard to install, just takes time - took me about a day. For the price, I was quite happy about it 'cause that company charged the dealership $600 per pair of seats with install, and the stealership then charged its customers $850 because of middleman charges (:rolleyes: hah! Right...).

Those pads are no thicker than any fabric and can slip into any shaped seat you want as long as it's wide enough for the pad. You can install them in either front or rear seats, and like I said, it's really not that hard, just takes time.

If anyone's interested in buying them from the company I bought 'em from, PM me and I'll give you the name. They'll probably charge more for the pads, since I knew the owner, but it'll probably still be comparable to eBay prices.

403Gemini
12-08-2006, 08:50 PM
The wife hates my heated seats........
which is weird cause I get my seats heated free, I just add beans to my diet. Instant heated seats baby!

heated seats after beans or tacobell or something of the such is NOT a good idea... your butt just becomes an "oven" lol

dino_martini
12-08-2006, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Gondi Stylez
how could i do this for my a4 seats in the rear? could i just buy the heating coils and the switches for the ceneter console from the stealership or something? i think it is much harder that i think it is?!

I thought the A4 came standard with rear heated seats?

Gondi Stylez
12-08-2006, 10:33 PM
^^ not in 2002 :(

even tho mine is the 3.0L it was still an option... in the US it came with the whole kit-n-kaboodle! :banghead: hate canada for cars!

Impreza
12-09-2006, 11:15 AM
It's for my S2000. and you're right, it really should come with heated seats since it is a convertible, would make top down driving much more comfortable and I can drive top down longer into the season!

Originally posted by richardchan2002

What car is it for? If it's your civic, then +1 from me for getting 1.6EL seats. It'll cost you more to get it done aftermarket, plus it won't be as reliable and you'll need to rig up some ghetto wiring (and possibly switches).

EDIT: After some research, I found out that S2000's didn't come with heated seats. If you're paying that kind of coin for a car, you'd expect there'd be heated seats. They should be standard for convertibles - especially for driving in cooler weather with the top down.

hoamic11
12-09-2006, 02:12 PM
ok, i suggested the 1.6el b/c i thought there were for you civic, ah well gl.

msommers
12-09-2006, 07:21 PM
If you guys wanted to go the el' cheapo route, doesn't Canadian tire or something sell those heated coveres that go over the seat rather than in it?

If you do end up getting it put inside the seat, wouldn't it be hard on your alternator with the new added load?

mo_money2supe
12-09-2006, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by msommers
If you do end up getting it put inside the seat, wouldn't it be hard on your alternator with the new added load?

:nut: Interesting you mentioned that 'cause my alternator's actually starting to give way (at least that seems to be the case from my battery dying thread somewhere on Beyond here). I've stopped using the heated seats lately and the alternator seems to actually charge up the battery now. So I guess problem solved for me.

Shaad
12-09-2006, 07:44 PM

Why care about those in the back on the car, they're in the back :)

I was thinking of getting my 350 seats heated too, I believe the heating coils are already in the seats becuase I noticed some electical fittings not hooked up to anything. Maybe you can take a look under your seats and check it out. Might just be a matter of going to canadian tire getting some switches, drill some holes somewhere discreet and hook them up.

hellraiser456
12-10-2006, 03:12 PM
soo all you do is hook these things up to the battery basicly and a switch, and then they work...they won't burn out or or put too much drain on the battery??

I really really want a seat heater for my car...and these look like the ticket

Proboscis
12-10-2006, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by hoamic11
if their for your s2k, i thought that oem s2k leather seats came heated add the airbag box
(wheres the radio)

mo_money2supe
12-10-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by hellraiser456
soo all you do is hook these things up to the battery basicly and a switch, and then they work...they won't burn out or or put too much drain on the battery??

I really really want a seat heater for my car...and these look like the ticket

Short answer: Yes.

I wired mine to my black ignition switch, which when traced to my fuse box, was the only ignition wire that doesn't receive power when the car's off. It's recommended to use an ignition wire because of the thicker gauge, but you'd have to search through some electrical schematics to see which one is not a hot wire when the car's off - otherwise, the seats stay on when you turn off the car.

Does that make any sense at all?

Oh, and on a sidenote, if you buy an actual heated seating element package, say from eBay or the shop I mentioned, all the switches, grounding wires, non-conductive tape, etc. is included so that all you really have to do is just install it.

wheelz
12-10-2006, 10:42 PM

i really want my rear seats heated!! http://images.canadiantire.ca/media/images/products/images/Assortments/CTCAssortmentManager/SubCategories/Auto/AutoAccessories/SeatCushions/0321441_450_CC_5e2bb.jpg
Less than $220 for 2 and they massage as well :bigpimp:

teknical
12-10-2006, 10:51 PM
Degreevs just off macleod does amazing work, i think theyre 500 installed directly into your stock seats, along with a low/hi setting button for both seats

Annoyingrob
12-11-2006, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by teknical
Degreevs just off macleod does amazing work, i think theyre 500 installed directly into your stock seats, along with a low/hi setting button for both seats

Yeah, they do amazing work. I'm pretty sure that's $500 for the PAIR too.