PDA

View Full Version : Shaw internet and phone... what are the current promos.

benyl
12-07-2006, 02:28 PM
With two final exams coming up next week, I don't have time to hit up surftime, etc... in the mall.

What are shaw's current promotions. I need internet and phone.

I noticed on their website that it is free for the first month and $29.95 for 6 months there after. Are they still doing free modems for internet?

I know that there are a few people that work for surftime etc... on here.

Lo)2enz0
12-08-2006, 12:54 PM
for digital phone service yes that is the promotion with shaw. After the 7 month period its $55 with any of our other services or $65 without any other services.

But here is what i tell all of my customers. if you live in an aprtment building, do not get this service. You can not buzz people up and when i lived downtown i found it to be the biggest hassel. whenever someone came over i had to run down to the garage to let them in or to the main door. Besides that great service and the long distance is worth every penny alone.

With internet if you buy the modem kit at the surftime kiosk you get:

1 free month of service
6 months at $28.95
the installation fee is waived
and you get your 63.55 back

so really in some sense it is a free modem but besides this offer there is nothing like this. If you call up shaw you will still have to pay the install fee and you will only get the 1 free month and than the 6 months at $28.95 so really your saving $40 and getting a free modem.

hopefully this makes sense, i am just a bit tired today

Lo)2enz0
12-08-2006, 12:59 PM
oh ya, you can still send me your info and i can sign you up. just make sure you pick up the modem kit before the install date.

and there is no install fee for the phone

rage2
12-08-2006, 01:48 PM
Why can't you buzz ppl up? I thought those panels at the door just calls a phone # you assign and open the door when it hears a 1 tone.

Lo)2enz0
12-08-2006, 02:10 PM
update!!!!!!!

well i was not informed of this new information

but with the shaw digital phone. you get your first month free and than the following 2 months are 29.95

guess they changed this in the past few days and i have to talk to my manager about updating our posters

as for buzzing people up, i honestly don't know why it doesn't work but I know for a fact that no one else will give you this information. It was a pain in the ass and those days where only 1 elevator was working made it worse.

sputnik
12-08-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Why can't you buzz ppl up? I thought those panels at the door just calls a phone # you assign and open the door when it hears a 1 tone.

:werd:

My grandparents have shaw digital phone in their apartment and it works for buzzing people up just fine.

SikAssR1
12-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0

But here is what i tell all of my customers. if you live in an aprtment building, do not get this service. You can not buzz people up and when i lived downtown i found it to be the biggest hassel. whenever someone came over i had to run down to the garage to let them in or to the main door. Besides that great service and the long distance is worth every penny alone.

what are you talking about? OF course you can still buzz people up, there are 2 types of dialers, one dials directly to your given phone number, and the other goes through the internal phone system. All the installer needs to do for the internal phone system is splice a second pair of wires into the system.

Ven
12-08-2006, 02:21 PM
The long distance advantage is worth it alone. Quite happy with their phone service.

hussein
12-08-2006, 02:25 PM
In my apartment I just use a seperate phone for the buzzer, I like it better that way.

codetrap
12-08-2006, 02:34 PM

USED1
12-08-2006, 02:37 PM
Ya, don't know what your problem is but I have Shaw at my condo and have no problems buzzing people up. Sorry about your luck.

Lo)2enz0
12-08-2006, 03:37 PM
well i guess the installer either messed up when i had it or it just didn't work in my building

CRXguy
12-08-2006, 04:34 PM
Must be an install problem then. I don't have Shaw phone service, but it works fine with Vonage.

69cougar
12-08-2006, 05:21 PM