PDA

View Full Version : Quin Security 3rd prize!

Dragon X
05-12-2003, 01:05 PM
ok so it doesnt take a retard to figure out that everyone who entered is a winner, i won 4 times. has anyone had experience with this? says its a $320+ alarm for just $99 install fee. my lude doesnt have a alarm and i was actually thinking about getting this cause im broke. worth it? v8less forum have had some experiences and alot are bad because they try to scam you into buying other stuff and if you refuse they tell you to come back later while they install the alarm. when you come back they make an excuse that its not possible to put the alarm system in "your" car. OR they start putting in scam charges like bypassing airbags and locks... so anyway, worth it or not?

Fluidic
05-12-2003, 01:07 PM
Yes... I have won everytime I have entered.

You're not a winner -- you just used more the world's ink and paper supply.

Peter

davidI
05-12-2003, 01:13 PM
I didn't win one year...I must really suck! Every other year I've won though....

anyways, to answer teh original question I only know one person who had the alarm installed and he was talked into buying proximity interior and exterior as well as a bunch of other gizmos so he ended up paying $500 or something. If you take your car in for the $99 just tell them not to do anything that will cost more unless they tell you first. It's illegal if they rack up a couple hundred bucks in charges without them asking you if its ok...

Weapon_R
05-12-2003, 01:27 PM
The $99 dollar installation you pay is just for a ground and power wire. If you expect door pins, trunk\hood sensor, even an LED, expect to pay a LOT more.

Fluidic
05-12-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by davidI
I didn't win one year...I must really suck! Every other year I've won though....

Soon my friend -- don't you worry!! :rolleyes: ;)

chrisgushue
05-12-2003, 05:15 PM
there alarms are garbage form what ive heard, get an alpine or something along those lines for like 250ish with all the stuff included

Weapon_R
05-12-2003, 09:19 PM
The alarm in itself is fine, but to make it a good alarm, you need to spend a LOT of money.

Ask 12v, a former employee of Quinn Security. I'm sure he'll have a lot to say :)

Better yet, PM him and inquire about his alarm/starter packages or even just the alarm itself. I got an alarm and starter installed through him and it has worked flawlessly for almost 6 months now. The price is incredible, and so is his work.

91_Integz
05-12-2003, 09:29 PM
I got one of these and actually installed it. It was 100 to install and all that did was make it work. then it was like 30 bucks for every additional thing you wanted. They sit there and tell you the different ways they could break into your car trying to get you to upgrade everything. the only thing extra i got was the trunk pin and that was 30 bucks. The alarm is a piece of shit. Spend that money and a little more to get an alpine or something like that.

carguy
05-12-2003, 09:54 PM
haha i;ve won 3 tyms
do u really think all that wiring for the alarm cost 99 bucks
haha i'm sure labor doesn't even come close to that
they jus have no business and want somethign to do

98type_r
05-13-2003, 09:43 AM
my friend has one, he hates it... just put in the basic "Free" alarm with no other options.
save the $99 they would charge you for install and get something better

Jockette
05-13-2003, 10:00 AM
jeah, i got 2 from the edmonton show, one from quinn's and i heard from others that they always try to upgrade

Slow5Oh
05-13-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
The $99 dollar installation you pay is just for a ground and power wire. If you expect door pins, trunk\hood sensor, even an LED, expect to pay a LOT more.
:werd: Not worth it at all, it only comes with one remote too, you have to pay extra $$ for a second one. I gave mine to my dad to install and it sucks, didn't even come with a LED light :thumbsdow .

audio1der
05-13-2003, 03:44 PM
My gf paid full pop for her alram from Quinn; after the service she's received from the number of times she's had to go back, I wouldn't let them touch my car with a 10-foot clown pole.:guns:
I could do a better job with no wiring diagrams, a brand-name alarm, and a multi-tester. (Edit: and I've never installed a car alarm)
They're a bunch of no-talent, lying, money-hungry ass clowns- and you can quote me on that.

iHATEQUiNN
08-23-2004, 08:22 PM
amen to everything said here!

T5Bird
08-23-2004, 09:27 PM
Yep had one done in my Wife's car. They get down right rude and obnoxious when you stand firm on not buying into they're extras. I heard it is actually a training camp for politicians and vacuum salesmen. ;)

Xtrema
08-24-2004, 08:11 AM
Quinn has gone to the dark side long ago. It's not a trust worthy company anymore.

rockym20
08-24-2004, 10:02 AM
My wife got her car starter from them and has had intermittant problems with it (sometimes it won't start from the remote starter). It worked great for the first winter and then started to have problems 6 mths - 1 year after the install.

I did do the alarm from them and have to say it was a horrible experience. The guys are rude and have no concept of customer service. I took it in one time to get some service work done (the wires under my dash weren't secured properly and I pulled the plug on the alarm with my foot while clutching one day - but I didn't know that at the time), and I had to wait in the showroom for like 20 minutes while the one guy was bullshitting with his buddy. And then I had to stand around (no chairs) for like an hour before they even looked at it, even though they said they could take it right in. And they have the balls to say that all of the other shops are not professional and don't know what they are doing.

As for the alarm itself, well lets put it this way: I don't use it due to the risk of not being able to start my car when I need to (which has happened to me several times, even when trying the valet button).

bigboom
08-24-2004, 11:18 AM
why go quinn whne you can get a compustar for 500 installed?

2.0turbo
08-24-2004, 07:09 PM
Ya, Quinn sucks serious ass.

I had friends tell me not to do it but I did not listen. They hacked up my interior and charged me up the wang for instal. My quote was over $400 with the free alarm and not including glass protection. So I called the edmonton store to find out what the cost would be, $450 with everything. I threw it in their face and got basic with locks. Can you believe that they wanted to charge me $70 for a fucking LED light. Loosers. Anytime I see a car with quinn security picture on it I laugh and feel sorry for the poor sap. Why anyone would advertise for quinn is beyond me. DONT DO IT.

H4LFY2nR
08-25-2004, 02:57 AM
Only get it if you can't afford a better one. I got the basic one with the trunk pin and it works ok, not a nice as the other one I had from auto slalon. Anyways Quin sucks ass, I dropped off my car at 9am and said that I was gonna pick it up at 2:30. When I got back at 3:00 I had to wait another hour because they didn't even start on my car. Shitty service+waiting+no chairs+rude fat ass at the desk=NEVER GOING THERE AGAIN.