PDA

View Full Version : Hit and run reward

Quick
12-08-2006, 12:09 PM
On Wed december 6 at Northmount and 14st NW my 06STI was backed into twice.

It happened at Riverstone mall by the Domo gas station there. I am offering a reward to anyone that can give me information that leads to the capture of the A#$hole.

About 6k damage.

Cheers

Orbie
12-08-2006, 12:20 PM
Holy crap man sorry to hear, how do you know the car was backed into twice? was the damage high up like from a truck or down low? Any paint transferred?

I hate that parking lot one of the worst in design, it can get very very tight in there. I've only parked there once and the whole 2 hours I was there I kept checking out the window to make sure it wasn't getting hit or dinged by anyone.

Quick
12-08-2006, 12:50 PM
Looked like a truck bumper to me. I would say that they point turned out of the stall after pushing the car over a foot.

Police report has been submitted. reward posted at the mall.

Going to have it repaired at Marinello's

Rear drivers side door is FUBAR. It doesnt look like there is any frame damage as the hit is in the middle of the door....

Lo)2enz0
12-08-2006, 01:01 PM
omg, i hate people. someone did that to me in my golf in the summer

ryder_23
12-08-2006, 01:01 PM
Shit man sorry to hear that. I got hit n runned at mt royal parking lot, not bad, but looked like a truck backed into my front end, missed headlight by a fraction of a mm hahha. xmas time is the worst for parking and parking lots at malls

GTS Jeff
12-08-2006, 04:38 PM
If you want people to help, posting up what the reward is would be a lot more motivating.

How do we know your reward isn't a mystery box with 2 tickets to a shitty comedy club?

403Gemini
12-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
If you want people to help, posting up what the reward is would be a lot more motivating.

How do we know your reward isn't a mystery box with 2 tickets to a shitty comedy club?

or it could be a free boat.... :D

Originally posted by ryder_23
Shit man sorry to hear that. I got hit n runned at mt royal parking lot, not bad, but looked like a truck backed into my front end, missed headlight by a fraction of a mm hahha. xmas time is the worst for parking and parking lots at malls

yeah man Mrc is shitty for people swinging their doors open, bumping into you, etc. my saturns front end had a big scuff accross the front one day, looks like a SUV or truck backed into it while parking or something.

StealthRT
12-08-2006, 04:52 PM
I think if someone on here actually saw it... they'd try to help out for free, at least I would.

Sucks how so many people have a lack of respect to own up to their mistakes, have some decency and leave a business card on the victims winsheild or w/e...

CasperWho
12-08-2006, 04:55 PM

What a rude thing to say!

This isnt a contest

GTS Jeff
12-08-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by StealthRT
I think if someone on here actually saw it... they'd try to help out for free, at least I would.

You are naive.

Originally posted by CasperWho

What a rude thing to say!

This isnt a contest

And you...well, you're just an idiot. I'm not being rude, I'm being helpful. Since you are too stupid to think for yourself, I'll think for you.

Scenario A: "My car got fucked up and I'm pissed! Can someone help me find him? There's a 'reward' but I won't say what it is wah wah."

-in this case, you will get all the nice people on your side, which isn't everyone. Let's say 50% of the people reading this thread.
-also, chances are, people who are friends with the hit-n-run douchebag probably aren't saints themselves. This further decreases their chance of being in that 50%. This means that Scenario A has a <50% of success.

Scenario B:

"Attention, my car got fucked. $2000 for whoever can help me out."

-now, you've attracted the help of all the nice people AND all the people who only care about the money. This would be pretty much everyone except the perp. 99% of the population is now on your side.
-again, the type of people who would associate with the douchebag are probably cheap sellouts that value a few bucks more than their allegiance to buddy.

Now, you should know that 99% is greater than 50%, so the answer here is obvious when evaluating the effectiveness of naming the reward. So in conclusion, don't fucking call me rude when I'm helping someone out. Rude is when you pollute this thread with your idiocy.:rolleyes:

Quick
12-08-2006, 08:03 PM
Although personally I have enough respect for cars that I would help for free if I saw someone fucking with a nice automobile, the reward is $1500 for information that leads to the conviction of this cherry unit.

Naive sounds like something George Bush would say about weapons of mass destruction.

If no one changes their thinking what fucking hope dp we have.

pEACE AND LOVE

GTS Jeff
12-09-2006, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by Quick
Although personally I have enough respect for cars that I would help for free if I saw someone fucking with a nice automobile, the reward is $1500 for information that leads to the conviction of this cherry unit.

Naive sounds like something George Bush would say about weapons of mass destruction.

If no one changes their thinking what fucking hope dp we have.

pEACE AND LOVE I guess it boils down to what you value more: societal idealism or catching the son of a bitch that fucked up your car.

Mikespecr1
12-09-2006, 03:29 AM
you got a time that it happened

Quick
12-09-2006, 07:42 AM
10pm-midnight, and I would like to catch the bastard. One less for everyone to worry about.

soloracer
12-09-2006, 03:07 PM
One thing to note is that parking lots are considered private property and even if you find out who it was your insurance would still be on the hook for it. You might be able to sue for it but I'm not sure how sucessful you would be this late in the game with no evidence.

lilmira
12-09-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by soloracer
One thing to note is that parking lots are considered private property and even if you find out who it was your insurance would still be on the hook for it. You might be able to sue for it but I'm not sure how sucessful you would be this late in the game with no evidence.

He might be able to get his deductible back if he catches the guy providing that he has insurance or money.

As for evidence, that's why he is looking for witness. Though the chance is not very good. If someone witnessed the accident and took down all the information, he/she would have reported it to the police already.

Good luck Quick, people like that should be hanged.

canadian_hustla
12-09-2006, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Quick
On Wed december 6 at Northmount and 14st NW my 06STI was backed into twice.

It happened at Riverstone mall by the Domo gas station there. I am offering a reward to anyone that can give me information that leads to the capture of the A#$hole.

About 6k damage.

Cheers

that place is notorious for hit and runs. I had a buddy who had his bike pushed over while he was in the riverstone bar

about 1500 damage

CasperWho
12-09-2006, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the scenario's GTS Jeff.
Whats the weather like down near the bottom?

:drama:

Anyways, I'll keep my eyes open! Good luck

GTS Jeff
12-09-2006, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the scenario's GTS Jeff. Hey, no problem. Have you decided to stop being a douche?

CasperWho
12-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Hey, no problem. Have you decided to stop being a douche?

Whats the weather like down near the bottom?

No pun intended scumbag!

Edit : :rolleyes: