PDA

View Full Version : For all you Mac users.

arian_ma
12-08-2006, 03:45 PM
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20060513.jpg

ZorroAMG
12-08-2006, 03:48 PM
wow. I dont even think PC users found that funny. Seriously, whoever wrote that and whoever found that funny enough to post really sucks at the internet and life.

tictactoe2004
12-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
wow. I dont even think PC users found that funny. Seriously, whoever wrote that and whoever found that funny enough to post really sucks at the internet and life.

:werd:

I don't like macs but thats just dumb.

Indie Dudette
12-08-2006, 04:56 PM
cad comics!!! It isnt their best strip,,,

rage2
12-08-2006, 06:00 PM
haha I found it hilarious, cuz that's what I tell Mac lovers when they tell me that Macs have no viruses. Who would want to write a virus that infects so little ppl? It would never spread with such a small Mac population!

b_t
12-08-2006, 06:11 PM

I thought it was good for a chuckle.

sabad66
12-08-2006, 06:14 PM
LOL I got a good laugh out of it.

BerserkerCatSplat
12-08-2006, 06:16 PM
Hahaha, classic CAD.

avow
12-08-2006, 06:17 PM
i thought it was great :D

Supa Dexta
12-08-2006, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by rage2
haha I found it hilarious, cuz that's what I tell Mac lovers when they tell me that Macs have no viruses. Who would want to write a virus that infects so little ppl? It would never spread with such a small Mac population!

mark this down as the turning point to the thread..^

:rofl:

nut huggers unite!

RobTheGob
12-08-2006, 09:48 PM
There could be a certain amount of truth in that with respect to the virus situation on the Mac. But the main reason why there are so many attacks on Windows has less to do with popularity and more to do with being a poorly implemented OS with security measures added later as an afterthought.

b_t
12-08-2006, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by RobTheGob
There could be a certain amount of truth in that with respect to the virus situation on the Mac. But the main reason why there are so many attacks on Windows has less to do with popularity and more to do with being a poorly implemented OS with security measures added later as an afterthought.

No, that's not it at all.

slick2404
12-08-2006, 10:44 PM
weaaaak.
macs rock

VW02
12-08-2006, 11:33 PM
^^ Macs suck and so does that CAD cartoon :thumbsdow

soupey
12-08-2006, 11:37 PM
this a parody of the commercial on tv?...the commercial on tv sucks even more...it basically said that "mac is the not-so-fun computer that only ppl who are older and mature use"...way to cut off half of your market apple...:banghead:
W_93W17Fg70

heheh on another note
JmAAgYVL_tI

slick2404
12-08-2006, 11:47 PM
^
WU TANG CLAN AINT NOTHIN TO MESS WITH hahahaa i love it

DarkDream
12-09-2006, 12:52 AM
^^^ LOL

rage2
12-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Right... you keep telling yourself that. :rofl:

kerry
12-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Cody... just stop... lol while you're a head hahah.

arian_ma
12-09-2006, 06:22 PM

Man that was a bit rutheless...
lol I just thought it was hilarious.
I think I am pretty good at life...:angel:

ZorroAMG
12-09-2006, 06:30 PM
LOL, ok sorry I take it back about the poster, not the artist :D

googe
12-10-2006, 04:54 AM
I lol'd, had that conversation way too many times with fanboys while working in the security industry...

i too suck at life :cry:

ZorroAMG
12-10-2006, 05:23 AM
Nah, Googe, you are simply misguided. Damn VFS students, yet to be converted :D

heavyD
12-10-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by VW02
^^ Macs suck and so does that CAD cartoon :thumbsdow

That's such a childish statement. Macs only suck if you can't afford to buy one. Macs are the perfect home computer for the average person. PC's don't even suck.

RawB8figure
12-11-2006, 12:47 AM
I use both daily and I must say apple make a really good machine and the software to back it. I just find that everything seems to be easier and there are less problems with the OS X over XP. I like both but for day to day tasks, such as downloading the latest movie with Transmission bittorrent, messenger, importing cd's blending some movies clips in imove and so on all at once on a mac is flawless. I wish they had better design software for mac like solidworks and games of course, but that why they made bootcamp.

rage2
12-11-2006, 11:57 AM
Now that I'm sober and remebered this thread, here's the proper response:

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2059980,00.asp

You should see some of the "patches" that apple releases for the Mac. Holes that were plugged years ago are JUST getting patched now haha.

RobTheGob
12-20-2006, 01:12 PM

Now that I'm sober and remebered this thread, here's the proper response:

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2059980,00.asp

You should see some of the "patches" that apple releases for the Mac. Holes that were plugged years ago are JUST getting patched now haha.

So - how is this different from Windoze? I'm guessing that you are implying that Windows is as secure/more secure as *NIX.

If that makes you feel better, all the more power to you...

rage2
12-20-2006, 03:50 PM
So - how is this different from Windoze? I'm guessing that you are implying that Windows is as secure/more secure as *NIX.

If that makes you feel better, all the more power to you...
You missed my point completely. The focus of that article is that Mac OS X has tons of holes, and the reason why there's a perception of safe computing is that with such a small userbase, nobody targets it.

If I wanted to own a particular Mac user on here, it would take me 10 mins to rewrite old exploits to take over that system.

Windows on the other hand, if you have Windows Update on and patching your system nightly, is very hard to exploit.

Nothing is secure in the hands of noobs. Not Windows, Unix or Macs.

natejj
12-20-2006, 03:53 PM

You missed my point completely. The focus of that article is that Mac OS X has tons of holes, and the reason why there's a perception of safe computing is that with such a small userbase, nobody targets it.

If I wanted to own a particular Mac user on here, it would take me 10 mins to rewrite old exploits to take over that system.

Windows on the other hand, if you have Windows Update on and patching your system nightly, is very hard to exploit.

Who's going to be the first to challenge rage to own their mac :D

treg50
12-21-2006, 11:50 PM
LOL, what's funny is that there are still people who think Apple is a joke, haha. 1998 called and wants this lame shit back, haha.

PC's are glorifed gaming machines. The average PC usually changes just to keep up with the latest game and graphics cards.... yay, wooo go MicroShaft... let's see what MS 'Vista' copies from Mac OS this time around...

:D