PDA

View Full Version : Anybody see a Yellow Sentra Spec-V get massacared?

hampstor
12-08-2006, 10:08 PM
On the way home from work today my wife's car was smoked by a large truck. She was moving through a green light eastbound on Memorial @ 52nd Street SE when a truck heading southbound rear ended a truck, then drove around him, smoked the sentra, PUSHED IT THROUGH THE INTERSECTION and sped off

Needless to say, there were many witnessses and we were notified later that he had been found. I wasn't there but i left work immediately and headed there to make sure she was ok. While I was there, some people kept walking around the car and im sure they saw the beyond.ca sticker on it so I figure i'd post before someone else posts about it.

Thankfully my wife was not physically injured seriously . She's just in a lot of shock that someone could do this.

The car will NOT move in gear. Not even budge - however it can be pushed in neutral. I'm not sure if you can tell in the first pic, but the bumper isn't attached to the car on the driver side and hanging with a single clip on the passenger side.

here's some pics of our Sentra Spec V (sorry about the crappy pictures - was taken from a Samsung d807 cell phone:

http://members.shaw.ca/m.tran/Pics/Sentra/SP_A0005.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/m.tran/Pics/Sentra/SP_A0006.jpg

No matter how good of a driver you are, shit can happen - always tell your loved ones how much you care about them cause you never know what's going to happen :cry: (Edit, im refering to my wife not my car! :D)

carter_prelude
12-08-2006, 10:29 PM
ouch man!!!! Im always scared of someone hitting one of my loved ones. And its true...no matter how good you are shit happends, make sure to be on the look out for idiots too :thumbsup:

403Gemini
12-08-2006, 10:44 PM
bud im happy to hear she didnt get seriously injured.

sorry to see and hear about this :(

RickDaTuner
12-08-2006, 10:48 PM
wow I'm glad to hear that she is O.K.

BerserkerCatSplat
12-08-2006, 10:58 PM
Holy shit, I'm glad to hear that abyss is OK! Fuck, I hope that guy gets bootfucked. Asshole was probably drunk.

Supa Dexta
12-08-2006, 11:00 PM
take it to national, they put mine back to new when mine looked like that.. Bill came to around ~7k I think, with ~3k in parts.. stick it to them!

Although, I'm not sure about your tranny isssues.. thats gonna get pricey fast with tranny issues, and likely put it over the 75% value.. = new car perhaps..

Melinda
12-08-2006, 11:10 PM
OMG! April I'm in total shock! I REALLY hope you are 1,000,000% okay, and I seriously hope this guy gets what's coming to him. Please stay safe, and try to feel better at home, I know you'll be stiff in the morning :( Maybe Minh will run you a hot bath tomorrow. If you need some company, call me!

hoamic11
12-08-2006, 11:12 PM
so glad she's ok,

sorry to hear tho, u just never know what can happen

hampstor
12-08-2006, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
take it to national, they put mine back to new when mine looked like that.. Bill came to around ~7k I think, with ~3k in parts.. stick it to them!

Although, I'm not sure about your tranny isssues.. thats gonna get pricey fast with tranny issues, and likely put it over the 75% value.. = new car perhaps..

We towed it to my dad's autobody shop - she's hoping the car isn't a write off. The car has sentimental value more then anything, we have 3 cars and this was her favorite. Our maxima is no longer for sale...

dj_rice
12-08-2006, 11:18 PM
Sorry to hear.......glad that Aprils alright above all else.....I guess its back to the invisible car for her :rolleyes:

3G
12-08-2006, 11:40 PM
fuck i hate those truck drivers last week i almost got smoked by an 18 wheeler that ran a red on barlow, had i not been changing my cd and caught my green light right away i wouldnt be here typing this right now:eek:

SilverBoost
12-09-2006, 01:27 AM
Well first of all man, glad there were no injuries. That's all that really matters in the end.

However that said, this guy needs to be fed his own nuts. Accidents are one thing... then to fucking speed off. Man, I can't believe some fucking people. Glad to hear they caught up with this prick.

Damage is bad, but not really that bad. Tranny is most likely fucked for sure I guess because of that axle getting pushed in. Just make sure whoever fixes this gets deep into the mechanical too.... I got a car back once after a wreck.... looked amazing..... mechanically it was just never the same again.

Anyway man, hopefully you'll get it back good as new.... and if they write it off, well, hopefully you get enough to get something great to replace it.

EK 2.0
12-09-2006, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by Melinda
OMG! April I'm in total shock! I REALLY hope you are 1,000,000% okay, and I seriously hope this guy gets what's coming to him. Please stay safe, and try to feel better at home, I know you'll be stiff in the morning :( Maybe Minh will run you a hot bath tomorrow. If you need some company, call me!

the same wishes come from me...

Cheeze
12-09-2006, 08:41 AM
Sorry to hear about your luck dood. Hopefully you find the prick that did that.

hopefully its not R.I.P. Se-R

rc2002
12-09-2006, 11:37 AM
With all the witnesses I'm sure someone got a plate. Hopefully they get this guy soon. :guns:

Melinda
12-09-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Cheeze
Sorry to hear about your luck dood. Hopefully you find the prick that did that.

hopefully its not R.I.P. Se-R

Originally posted by richardchan2002
With all the witnesses I'm sure someone got a plate. Hopefully they get this guy soon. :guns:
If you read hampstor's original post, it said they had caught the guy later that night.

NickGT
12-09-2006, 12:12 PM
Crazy. Hopefully your wife will have a speedy recovery. Cars can be replaced - people can't.

abyss
12-09-2006, 03:59 PM
thanks everyone. There was lots of help at the scene. Everyone was really great in making sure I was ok etc. I feel alright, just a bit sore today, went to look at the car again, Minh checked it and thank god it still moves, it wouldn't move at the scene when I tried, maybe my nerves were just too shot to figure it all out. We're still gonna have to get a mechanic to look at it though. Was lucky I saw the guy with enough time to slam on the brakes otherwise he would've caught me square on my door. I just can't believe after smoking the one guy and me that he would still decide to leave the scene, he glared at me the whole time he was pushing me out of the way with his truck. fuck.