PDA

View Full Version : Construction work

Rui M
12-09-2006, 06:55 PM
Any good construction companies in the calgary area? starting wages?

I have my class 1 license, h2s, tdg, heavy equipment training, whimis, and other necessary training for industrial const. I can start at $20 in ontario so just curious what the wages are like in cowtown.

msommers
12-09-2006, 07:00 PM
sigh............how about going into the industrial section and go to the first place you see. More than likely they will hire you. There is so much shit going on in Calgary, if you can't find a construction job yourself, you're hopeless. Sorry to come off as ignorant but it's fact.

Rui M
12-09-2006, 07:01 PM
i know i can get a job no problem, im asking about starting wages, and i just dont wanna work for any company.

adamc
12-09-2006, 07:08 PM
general labour around town seems to be starting at 15-17 hr.

tapout
12-09-2006, 07:14 PM
borger,alsa gave my buddys 22hr to start.

3G
12-09-2006, 07:26 PM
standard general sucks nuts

lilmira
12-09-2006, 07:26 PM
Why not try sending in your resume and find out yourself?
The most information you are going to get here is from a friend of a friend of some cousin....... who works for someone.

If you start at 20 bucks in Ontario, you are very likely to get more than that here providing that you have good reference.

You can try the bigger ones like PCL, Ellis-Don. In Calgary right now, you can probably pick the company you want to work for.

ninspeed
12-09-2006, 07:28 PM
pcl, ed, or graham

blueToy
12-10-2006, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Rui M
Any good construction companies in the calgary area? starting wages?

I have my class 1 license, h2s, tdg, heavy equipment training, whimis, and other necessary training for industrial const. I can start at $20 in ontario so just curious what the wages are like in cowtown.

What can you do ? What's your experience level at ? How old are you ? Clean abstract ? Bondable ? Can you pass a drug test ?

Wages here mostly reflect your past work experience and such . Most of the seasonal stuff has already wound down , but there is lots of labouring stuff . Starting pay can be anywhere from $15-$20 per hour ,depending on how crappy the job . If you seem like a keeper , wages can move up pretty quick though , and by that I mean like after a six month trial period .

Also , you've got heavy equipment training and your class one . Lots of trucking jobs around . Check the jobs section on the federal government site .

blueToy
12-10-2006, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by 3G
standard general sucks nuts

Bahahahahahaha ...... yes . Yes they do suck a camels ass .

Beware of Stab and Grab :eek: :eek: :eek: