PDA

View Full Version : Did I get a good deal?

Barking_Spidre
12-10-2006, 01:34 AM
So basically, I'm like the worst person when it comes to vehicles and engines, haha.

I had taken my truck in for a new starter and to fix a leak in my antifreeze or something, because it couldn't hold any..

So it turned out I needed a new water pump and stuff, so by the end of whole bill, this is what I had gotten fixed....

New water pump
New starter
New alternator
New AC unit
New timing belt with a tensioner kit? not sure what it is, but it was put in
Serpentine belts? Not sure what those are either but there was 5 hours of labour on them.

And it came out to $1500. I had called nissan a couple months ago to ask about a timing belt, and they quoted me at 850.

So I guess my question is, did I get ripped off, or is that a decent price?

Weapon_R
12-10-2006, 01:53 AM
Where was it done?

Barking_Spidre
12-10-2006, 01:56 AM
Umm, at a shop in Airdrie, called WB Auto. I've been going to them for a while, they seem pretty good from what I've gotten from them in the last couple years.

AE92_TreunoSC
12-10-2006, 01:57 AM
I work on a lot of pathfinders and with all that done, including parts I'd say that was a good deal, depending on the brand of the parts, preferably you want OEM nissan parts for the tbelt, etc

but for the starter and alternator its just too expensive to justify installing OEM

check ur bill out and see what parts they put in :D

Weapon_R
12-10-2006, 01:59 AM
It sounds like a great deal, even if they aren't OEM parts. I dont see how they installed and purchased all of those parts for that cheap

Barking_Spidre
12-10-2006, 02:01 AM
Well, when they called to say that the timing belt needed to be changed, they offered to do it for zero labour, since they already had it all apart for the water pump. When I'm back in airdrie tomorrow I'll grab my bill and see what they put in.

Thanks! :D

AE92_TreunoSC
12-10-2006, 02:01 AM
my shop woulda charged 800ish$ for the Tbelt, seals, WP + Accessory belts alone, but w/OEM parts

so u got a good deal

Barking_Spidre
12-10-2006, 02:12 AM
Good to hear!!

Thanks for the opinions! :D

Now on that note, how much you think I can get for my pathfinder? hahaha.

300k km's, fully loaded with leather... Thinking of selling/trading it in once winter is over..