PDA

View Full Version : Rockford Fosgate Punch P1's - Your opinion here

sullygully
12-10-2006, 02:14 PM
Hey guys, future shop has what looks to be a really good deal right now on 10" Rockford P1's. $89 for a sub and a Bassworx sealed box.

Now i'm not necessarily looking for an SPL sub, but i still want something that sounds good and will last. Right now i have 2 12" Pyles, so i'm assuming i'll lose some thump, but i'll gain quality.

So i just wanted to get peoples opinions on their experience with these subs. I'm considering on buying two of em. If you got something better out there you want to sell cheap. i'm all ears as well.

Thanks

codepoet101
12-10-2006, 02:22 PM
pass man the p1'are shitty

TEAMFaint
12-10-2006, 02:23 PM
Dont get em, the P2's are decent, the P1's are absolute garbage.

If you are looking for a deal, try Visions. They got 2 12" Polk Audio's in a ported box (nice sized box too) for I think $250..hell of a deal for what they are regular price (around $500).

I'd get those over the P1's any day, heard em in Visions and they sound verrrrrrry nice and clean.

Weapon_R
12-10-2006, 02:26 PM
Forget rockford altogether. You have an awesome car, don't ruin it with shitty stereo accessories. If you really want bang for the buck, visit elemental designs website and order from there. Their top of the line sub isn't all that expensive and outperforms subs 4-5 times the price.

GTS Jeff
12-10-2006, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Forget rockford altogether. You have an awesome car, don't ruin it with shitty stereo accessories. If you really want bang for the buck, visit elemental designs website and order from there. Their top of the line sub isn't all that expensive and outperforms subs 4-5 times the price. eD's reputation is frought with scandal in the car audio world. Buy at your own risk, especially when it comes to pre-ordering. ;)

codepoet101
12-10-2006, 04:07 PM
rockford has some mean shit and its straight up legit, what it says on the box is what it is, ive seen 2 T2 subs in a caddie moving the roof 3inches up and down when they hit, now thats POWER!

TEAMFaint
12-10-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by codepoet101
rockford has some mean shit and its straight up legit, what it says on the box is what it is, ive seen 2 T2 subs in a caddie moving the roof 3inches up and down when they hit, now thats POWER!

I doubt it was 3 inches of roof movement..but keep in mind thats the T series you are talking about, not the P series..P series is junk, espically the P1's.

eD is actually the system I plan on going with in the summer after my engine is swapped and the exterior is done, I've heard the 10's pound, and they are flawless.

+1 for eD

sullygully
12-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Well thank you so much for you input guys. Its enough that i think i'll pass getting them.

Ill think about elemental designs. I don't want to take up to much trunk space anyway, since i've got all my air ride shit in there

dj_rice
12-10-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by TEAMFaint
Dont get em, the P2's are decent, the P1's are absolute garbage.

If you are looking for a deal, try Visions. They got 2 12" Polk Audio's in a ported box (nice sized box too) for I think $250..hell of a deal for what they are regular price (around $500).

I'd get those over the P1's any day, heard em in Visions and they sound verrrrrrry nice and clean.

For that box its actually $378...I bought those subs last year from Soundsaround for $144

arian_ma
12-10-2006, 10:14 PM
Well another view point from me if you still are looking.
I have Rockford P1's and a Rockford amp.

I was running 2 10's in a NON ported box and my amp has sufficient power.
I thought that they sounded pretty amazing. For 90 bucks, you really can't go wrong. If you are going to be in calgary anytime soon, give me a PM and I will show you my setup and what it sounds like.
It really isn't that bad, it obviously won't compare the the P3's (amazing subs), but they give a good punch (haha) and are cheap.

f150mikey060
12-11-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by codepoet101

:eek: hahaha

f150mikey060
12-11-2006, 02:39 PM
personally i have only heard one p1...and it was pretty weak.
the p2's are better and i have a little more experience with them. i built a box for my buddy a couple months back for 2 12's and it was easily twice as loud. but of course, it is like 70% box, 30% sub give or take. That being said, any sub can be loud, in the right enclosure. http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=182978

anyhow, i would run p2's on a budget....but not p1's. p3 i would definatly run...but there are many others i would take over them.

liquidboi69
12-11-2006, 02:43 PM
Get kicker L5 or L7's

Loud-N-Clear
12-11-2006, 03:45 PM
Go for the polk db212-2. Theres 2 12s in a ported box made to specs. I believe they're on sale for $348 at visions right now.

jdm_jspec
12-16-2006, 04:09 PM
i had a P1 for a few months, was okay
but once i heard and put better subs in
the difference was amazing.
but spend the extra few $$ and get sumthing a little better
its worth it.:thumbsup:

hussein
12-16-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by liquidboi69
Get kicker L5 or L7's

solobarics :drool: so loud.

Mitsu3000gt
12-21-2006, 09:44 AM
Rockford stuff is generally crap, and costs nothing to make. The markup on a $100-$150 sub at a place like soundsaround/future shop is many hundred precent. Do youself a favor and spend the same money on an Image Dynamics sub that will blow it out of the water.