PDA

View Full Version : Command start 270I

asacco
12-10-2006, 07:21 PM
Hi!! I'm new to this and this is my 1st post, I hope someone can help??
This is the story, I bought a 05 ford escape and it came with command start 270I in it.
It worked fine for the 1st 2 weeks till I went to get a new key cut then the command start stoped working.
it only works if i put the key in and turn the truck on then if i press the button i can remove the key and the truck will continue to run for 10 min.
If I just try to start the truck from a distance nothing happens it trys to start but will not turn over. i had a service tech look at it but with out any manuals he could not help. All he could tell me is that the bypass is sencing a securety problem.
So if there is anyone out there that can give me direction or has a manual for a command start 270I, it would be greatly apprecietted thankyou

Talonstylz
12-10-2006, 07:27 PM
i take it you have 2 working keys?
its your bypass, thats fuct, did they reprogram the keys also?
depending on bypass that they used in your car, you can try this.
put in the first functional key in the ignition, turn it to the on position, let it sit till the theft/security light goes out on the dash, then insert the second functional key and do the same, then within ten seconds hit the remote start button, if everything went well the car should fire up and run and that means the bypass was programed, or if they used a key in the box you will need to find that box, and get a key with a blank chip to put in there and the the same thing, or if there is a 3rd type of bypass depending o what one it is, you might need to use other programing procedures.

Can you check and see what bypass is under the dash?

Talonstylz
12-10-2006, 07:29 PM
And this has nothing to do with the command start itself, the problem is with the bypass module that was used.
I believe when you try to use the command start the theft/security light just flashes and wont turn over as opposed to staying on solid.

Strugari
12-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Talonstylz
i take it you have 2 working keys?
its your bypass, thats fuct, did they reprogram the keys also?
depending on bypass that they used in your car, you can try this.
put in the first functional key in the ignition, turn it to the on position, let it sit till the theft/security light goes out on the dash, then insert the second functional key and do the same, then within ten seconds hit the remote start button, if everything went well the car should fire up and run and that means the bypass was programed, or if they used a key in the box you will need to find that box, and get a key with a blank chip to put in there and the the same thing, or if there is a 3rd type of bypass depending o what one it is, you might need to use other programing procedures.

Can you check and see what bypass is under the dash?

Talonstylz is right. If all you got done was a new key, then reprogramming is easy as mentioned. Key in the box type is more than likely what was used, and it will program with the sequence above. :thumbsup:

asacco
12-11-2006, 11:31 PM
:) THANKYOU TALONSTYLZ!!!!!
it worked like a charm. I have been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off trying to fix this problem untill you came along. I cant beleave it was just that easy.
thankyou once again for saving me alot of greaf and money, I was about to get a new system put in if I did not get this one working by the next cold spell. I am still interested in a user guide or manual for this unit (CS 270I) so that I can find out what other things this system can do or how to program it if another problem comes up. If anyone can help with this that would be great

Talonstylz
12-11-2006, 11:55 PM
n/p:thumbsup:

as for the manual your on your own, i don't deal with command start. Give Google a shot you never know.

Strugari
12-12-2006, 07:30 AM
PM me with yourt email address and I will send out a programming guide for you.:thumbsup:

asacco
12-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the guide Strugari.
heres 2 dumb questions for you guys.
1. is there a quick way to program the starter to start my truck during those cold winnipeg nights or do i have to go through the channel 2 programming - 7 step sequence each time I want to do this?

2. I have door locks programed on the transmitter but when I am driving my doors will not automaticaly lock nor will they stay locked if i try locking them manualy, they just unlock themselves.

P.S. if the truck is started via the transmitter the doors stay locked untill i open them with button 2

Strugari
12-12-2006, 11:17 PM
Cold Start sequence
To turn it on press Button I
Before the car starts, press Button II
Press Both button together and count the parklight flashes.
3 = On
4 = Off

The locks sound like a vehicle issue.
Do they work OK with the key off?
You can turn on the auto lock feature in the channel 2 programming option 3

:thumbsup: