benyl
05-21-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by sheepdin
o sorry~
It;s electronic blue pearl, base model~

I don't know how to post pic sorry~
but i can send to u guys via email

What is a fully loaded base model?

Besides that, you are in the same predicament I am in. I wanted to sell my car for that price (2001 Accord V6 coupe).

The black book value is only $21000. People know this, so basically, you are asking a bit too much. I don't think it is, and I would buy it if I didn't have my car, but other people will think it is too much.

buh_buh
05-21-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by benyl

What is a fully loaded base model? The only model that came out in 2001 was a SE. A SE is the same as a SH, just without ATTS, which means you get the leather seats, leather shift knob, carbon fiber dash kit, leather steering wheel, SH wheels, and all that other good stuff.:D

Rage
05-21-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
The only model that came out in 2001 was a SE. A SE is the same as a SH, just without ATTS, which means you get the leather seats, leather shift knob, carbon fiber dash kit, leather steering wheel, SH wheels, and all that other good stuff.:D

The last year that preludes where produced came in 2 models. The SE and the S.

The SE will give you all of the above. However the only thing different in the S version is that you get no leather, different rims, different colored side skirts, and plastic shift knob. This is also known as the base model.

sheepdin
05-21-2003, 06:34 PM
yeah, that is~
my prelude is S / base model~
the main parts, such as engine and transmisson are the same

sheepdin
05-21-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by benyl

What is a fully loaded base model?

Besides that, you are in the same predicament I am in. I wanted to sell my car for that price (2001 Accord V6 coupe).

The black book value is only $21000. People know this, so basically, you are asking a bit too much. I don't think it is, and I would buy it if I didn't have my car, but other people will think it is too much.

I think fully loaded describes cars' features, while base is the model name~

Yeah, ppl always talk about black book value which is not the market and retail value~
sigh.....

redbaron303
05-22-2003, 05:19 PM
Unless you're a car dealership, you pretty much shouldn't or should not go by black book value of a car. (I mean in a perfect world the seller would get their asking price and buyers max = black book, but no).

Danny, check around on canada trader, etc and see how much those cars are selling for everywhere from vancouver to montreal...?! Then average the price of the ones that are the same and close kms as yours.... Did you ever think about selling it on consignment at a place like West Side acura here in edmonton (althoug hmost places will charge you a consignment fee).

Bump for a good deal :)

sheepdin
05-22-2003, 07:11 PM
The price now i am asking can be considered to be reasonable or low~

But i don't know why~
anyways, I WILL ACCEPT ANY REASONABLE OFFER.

redbaron, can u tell me more about consignment??? Will I get the money if the car has not been sold??

THX

guysmiley
05-22-2003, 11:40 PM
put it in the calgary hearld, you might think that i am crazy but it really works.

It worked for me, it only took one week and my car was sold.

the reason the hearld works so well is that you reach way more people at one time and they are not going to low ball you as much as they would in the barginfinder or thw auto trader.

the only dowside is it's 45 bucks to put it in the hearld

sheepdin
05-22-2003, 11:43 PM
O
u know what, I have place an ad on edmonton journal for a week for 55 bucks, only 1 calls is directed by the journal.

Anyways, thx for advice.

What car did u sell by the way??

eur0
05-23-2003, 12:23 AM
carbon fiber dash kit

isnt it just plastic??? haha did u get that center piece fixed?

Shaolin
05-23-2003, 12:23 AM
I would maybe consider if it was for 20,000, but I know that's pushing it. :dunno:

sheepdin
05-23-2003, 01:25 AM
i think the "carbon fiber dash kit" is just plastic piece with carbon fiber sticker on top~
lol

yeah
20000 is way too low~
sorry

guysmiley
05-23-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by sheepdin
O
u know what, I have place an ad on edmonton journal for a week for 55 bucks, only 1 calls is directed by the journal.

Anyways, thx for advice.

What car did u sell by the way??

just a 95 cavalier

best decision i ever made

sheepdin
05-23-2003, 09:23 AM
cool

sheepdin
05-26-2003, 01:30 PM
OK~
price now is reduced and firm~
Stock car for 24000
With mods for 25000
Mods: Tanabe G power Catback, Tanabe Stainless steel header, Brand New AEM CAI, NGK spark plug wire

email me at [email protected]
or call 780 6044624

nickyh
05-26-2003, 03:29 PM
If i were you - keep the car unless you really need the money.

I sold my '00 Pearl White 'Lude last summer and I regret it.
My baby went to Edmonton, luckily for me but I miss her.

Problem is - most warranty left on it is now voided, otherwise I would look at it.

sheepdin
05-26-2003, 03:37 PM
O
Yeah, I really need money. And I can't afford to own 2 cars at the same time~

Some guys, buy my car, it's a good deal~

benyl
05-26-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by nickyh
If i were you - keep the car unless you really need the money.

I sold my '00 Pearl White 'Lude last summer and I regret it.
My baby went to Edmonton, luckily for me but I miss her.

Problem is - most warranty left on it is now voided, otherwise I would look at it.

Um, where do you get this from? They cannot void your warranty. They have to prove that that the aftermarket part you installed cause the OEM component to fail. Dude buy his car!

What other car did you buy?

No.not.again
05-26-2003, 04:07 PM
I'll trade ya my '98 lude for your car and some money. :confused:

sheepdin
05-26-2003, 07:35 PM
Yo guys,
I got an 93 Rx-7.
Hehe, why do I trade my lude for a lude??
LOL

nickyh
05-26-2003, 09:12 PM
First off: I had many dreams to upgrade my 'lude, but on speaking with Honda Canada they advised me that what i wanted to do would void my warranty.

Any after market part would void what little warranty Honda provides, the only way it still holds is if you buy at outrageous dealership prices through their "specialty stores" and have it installed through them.

I would have loved JDM fogs - but bye bye.

I bought an '02 VW Jetta 1.8T - not as much fun of a drive as the 'lude once v-tech range hits, but much better as a city driver.

FYI: DO NOT - get any work done on your Honda at Crowfoot Village Honda - they are the reason I sold my 'Lude - really long story but basically after they abused my car they refused to own for it (still a little sore).

No.not.again
05-26-2003, 09:56 PM
I got an 93 Rx-7.
Hehe, why do I trade my lude for a lude??
LOL

alright, how 'bout a '96 Integra and alot of money? :D

sheepdin
05-26-2003, 10:36 PM
how much is a lot?
~20000???
haha

No.not.again
05-26-2003, 10:43 PM
how much is a lot?
~20000???
haha

you want to get rid of the prelude or what?! :D Be reasonable!

sheepdin
05-27-2003, 12:26 AM
get rid of the prelude~

benyl
05-27-2003, 09:23 AM
Sorry to hijack the thread but...

I would have loved JDM fogs - but bye bye.

They can't void your warranty for installing fog lights! If they did, you would have an easy time in court. I guessing if you got a set of rims, they would void your warranty too? That would mean that every LXR car that T&T sells would have a void warranty even before it leaves the lot. Where does the line get drawn?

I bought an '02 VW Jetta 1.8T - not as much fun of a drive as the 'lude once v-tech range hits, but much better as a city driver.

WTF is v-tech? :dunno: Isn't that a phone? LOL If anything, VW is looking more closely at mods because people are chipping their engines and blowing them up.

nickyh
05-27-2003, 09:49 AM
Seriously - i did not want to get into a pissing match here - i was merely offering up an opinion on not wanting to touch cars that have been modified.

I have done my share of modifying with the '88 RX-7 I owned and a few other cars.
Once an un-authroized non-dealership person touches electrical, mechanical they void your warranty, that's why T&T charge the prices that they do. All work done by T&T is valid because they are a Honda dealership.
Maybe you should sit down and read your owners manual a little more closely.

BTW, as a Honda owner - your v-tec comment is really ignorant, but i guess having a SOCH engine in your Accord entiltles you to be ignorant.

benyl
05-27-2003, 10:21 AM
why was my v-tec comment ignorant? You added the H. v-tech is a phone company. And as far as SOCH, I don't know what the hell that is... I have a SOHC engine in my Accord thank you. I suggest you get a spell checker and read your posts before calling me ignorant.

Anyway, Someone BUY THIS CAR!

lammer
05-27-2003, 11:15 AM
Once an un-authroized non-dealership person touches electrical, mechanical they void your warranty, that's why T&T charge the prices that they do. All work done by T&T is valid because they are a Honda dealership.
Maybe you should sit down and read your owners manual a little more closely.

BTW, as a Honda owner - your v-tec comment is really ignorant, but i guess having a SOCH engine in your Accord entiltles you to be ignorant.

I have an Acura. so its the same deal, and I asked the dealership whether installing electrical devices will void the warranty, and No it wont UNLESS It caused the problem. SO unless those JDM fog lights make you drain all the power from the battery and make you lose control of the car and crash, it will be under warranty..

HEY i have a SOHC V-tec engine ahhaha.

szw
05-27-2003, 11:26 AM
Hey man, the dealership will tell you that to make more money..but really they shouldn't really void everything. They say that stuff to scare you, you should have asked other dealerships. Most dealers won't be such an ass

SilverRex
05-27-2003, 08:58 PM
The only model that came out in 2001 was a SE. A SE is the same as a SH, just without ATTS, which means you get the leather seats, leather shift knob, carbon fiber dash kit, leather steering wheel, SH wheels, and all that other good stuff.:D

yo buhbuh, you should buy another one and turn it into a decoy.

sheepdin
05-28-2003, 03:40 AM
so anyone interested?

choweyt3t4
05-28-2003, 12:10 PM
i suggest you try some dealerships to see if they will buy it. but i can tell you right now that there is too much saturation for preludes right now and you probably wont be getting what you want for it from the dealership. i posted my lude on bargain finder for 2 weeks and only got 1 call. you might get 20 for it from the dealership if your really lucky, black book value i think is in between 17 and 19

sheepdin
05-28-2003, 02:42 PM
yeah
a used dealer give me 20g~
shit

choweyt3t4
05-29-2003, 12:33 AM
if they are willing to give you 20gs for it i would take it but if your willing to wait it out then just be patient. it kinda sucks thats theres so many ludes for sale. hope your sale goes through:thumbsup:

sheepdin
05-29-2003, 01:37 AM
yeah~
if my car can't be sold till june~
i probably take it to dealer~
sigh....