PDA

View Full Version : FS: Cheap, good SQ Center channel speaker (Home audio)

GTS Jeff
12-11-2006, 04:21 AM
I have a very nice sounding center channel speaker for sale for a steal. It is a CiBER CR-828 Reference Series speaker. It can take a ton of power and will sound clean. I have used it for about 6 months and it has worked well with the rest of my system. It is mint shape except for a tiny dent on the back that is not really visible. I have a pic of it. I am asking $50.

Specs:

-100w RMS power handling
-40Hz-18Khz frequency response so it gets nice and low unlike most centers
-6.8ohm impedance to squeeze more power out of your amp
-89 dB sensitivity

Pics:

Here it is just chillin on the couch:
http://www.ualberta.ca/~jkm1/pics/cc/cc1.jpg

Did I mention it looks nice too?
http://www.ualberta.ca/~jkm1/pics/cc/cc2.jpg

See the tiny dent:
http://www.ualberta.ca/~jkm1/pics/cc/cc3.jpg

hoamic11
12-11-2006, 10:28 AM
does it come with or have a grill?

GTS Jeff
12-11-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by hoamic11
does it come with or have a grill? Yes, although I packed the grill away into a box in storage. I always thought it looked better with the grill off. If you would like the grill, I can dig around storage for it.

hoamic11
12-11-2006, 01:36 PM
if i bought it, i'd like the grill with it too

also do you know what size the drivers are?

never heard of this company

GTS Jeff
12-11-2006, 01:47 PM
I can get you the grill, the woofers are 5" and the tweeter is a full 1" soft dome tweeter.

GTS Jeff
12-13-2006, 04:10 AM
Bump, lots of interest, but still available!

hoamic11
12-13-2006, 09:35 AM
are you planning on coming down to calgary at all?, don't really want to have it shipped but since i'm going back to regina for the holidays, it'd be tough to head up to edmonton and then back

GTS Jeff
12-13-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by hoamic11
are you planning on coming down to calgary at all?, don't really want to have it shipped but since i'm going back to regina for the holidays, it'd be tough to head up to edmonton and then back Yeah of course! I'll be in Calgary over the holidays and I can bring the speaker there no problems.

hjr
12-13-2006, 03:09 PM
hey man, nice looking center channel. im interested as well and also would like the grill to be included. pm'd

GTS Jeff
12-16-2006, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by hjr
hey man, nice looking center channel. im interested as well and also would like the grill to be included. pm'd PM replied. Thanks for all the interest so far guys...I think I've had 5+ people PMing me, but maybe my location is keeping people from saying yes for sure.

I can and will deliver this speaker to Calgary over the holidays! I'll be in on the 18th!

buh_buh
12-16-2006, 07:45 PM
will you take $10?

Audio_Rookie
12-16-2006, 08:01 PM
Its a standing up center channell? It looks like it would be a bookshelf speaker....with the direction of the terminals and the pegs....but I guess it could be a center.

I am having a hard time finding info on that model or that company for that matter.

If I find the stats and its good, I will come pick it up form ya...im in the edmonton area.

GTS Jeff
12-16-2006, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Audio_Rookie
Its a standing up center channell? It looks like it would be a bookshelf speaker....with the direction of the terminals and the pegs....but I guess it could be a center.

If I find the stats and its good, I will come pick it up form ya...im in the edmonton area. I think it works as a standup bookshelf but it also looks good lying on its side, which is how I used it.

Originally posted by buh_buh
will you take $10?

Very funny Kev. I'm gonna start lowballing all your FS threads too. :devil:

buh_buh
12-17-2006, 02:57 PM
what? it was a legitimate offer :thumbsdow

GTS Jeff
12-23-2006, 03:45 AM
Sold to a good buyer. Thanks for all the interest!