PDA

View Full Version : Eh? My driver's abstract is blank?

tentacles
12-11-2006, 11:27 AM
So I'm going to a new insurance company and I went to get a driver's abstract today. I've never done it so excuse my n00bness, but I got it and it said I had no demerit points and no information to report?! WTF? I thought it would give me a list of all the shit that I've done, tickets, and accidents and stuff and it tells me nothing?

Now that I think about it, no demerits makes sense because I cried and cried every time until the po-po felt sorry for me and switched the charge to something else with no demerits, but I thought they would still show up on the record as an infraction?

Boy I feel stupid, paying $11 for a blank sheet of paper. :confused:

What do the driver's abstracts usually say? Mine doesn't even say when I started driving? I know it was 6 years ago but I don't remember the date, and I thought it would tell me too.

Supa Dexta
12-11-2006, 11:30 AM
I have to go get one later today and will see then. I shouldnt have anything on mine.. well, I had one ticket for expired tags (they gave me that rather than no insurance, while having a car parked on the street with an old plate) Anyone know if that ticket has demerits?

edit, I just seached the thread on tickets, and don't see it listed there, so I may be clear

ogpog
12-11-2006, 11:34 AM
$11? The stupid registry by my house wanted $18.xx.

tentacles
12-11-2006, 11:38 AM
Really? I just looked at the price list at the ab.gov website and the price was $11, which is what I paid. I also had to change my address, so maybe they didn't charge another service fee for the abstract?

cmodem
12-11-2006, 12:20 PM
Driver's abstract ONLY show current stuff not stuff from a millenia ago or previous infractions no longer applicable due to the committed time.

That is:

for tickets... shows demerit points... and tickets that are within 3 years and thus insurance only counts tickets that are within 3 years. Demerits last two years but on the abstract for 3.

accidents are 6 years.

So if your report shows 0 and 0 you are good no reported accidents within 6 and no demerit tickets within 3.

Audio_Rookie
12-11-2006, 12:28 PM
11$ damn....20$ is as cheap as I could find.

cmodem.....then why do yo have the option of getting a 3 year, 5 year or 10 year abstract....why would there be a 1 year abstract if it only shows current stuff?

tentacles
12-11-2006, 12:33 PM
cmodem, I DID have an accident last year, and it was reported and everything (actually it was right in front of a cop car. :thumbsup: ). I asked and the registry told me accidends are not on the abstract. I also have tickets too (but I can believe that there are no demerits).

sr20dets13
12-11-2006, 12:39 PM
i paid 20$ too and i didnt have any tickets at the time lol i needed it for a job but man i thought it was a waste of money:thumbsdow

Clever
12-11-2006, 12:43 PM
Paid 18 at the Shawnessy Registries a few months ago, same thing, no records whatsoever.

DC2
12-11-2006, 12:46 PM
i paid 22 at the one beside NE costco. :thumbsdow

Masked Bandit
12-11-2006, 02:31 PM
Accidents do not show up on a driver's abstract in Alberta.

In the some of the government provinces like Saskatchewan, the accidents do show up, just not here.

Accidents are tracked on something called the Auto-Plus database. It a database used only by insurance companies / brokers. The general public, government or the police DO NOT have access to this database....only your insurance provider.

schurchill39
12-11-2006, 04:38 PM
I had to get one for work and i paid 22 here in the hat. It was blank.

I thought it was kind of retarded though when she asked me if I wanted a 3 year, 5 year or 10 year abstract right after asking how long I have been driving for.

Supa Dexta
12-11-2006, 04:41 PM
yeah just picked one up.. I was only asked for 3 yr, for a job I'm trying to get.. Mines blank as well. .