PDA

View Full Version : totalled Silver SLK

SilverStreak
07-18-2002, 05:36 PM
I know all you guys follow SLKs so hopefully it isn't anyone's on this board.

On the way home I saw a t-boned Silver SLK 230 or something not the AMG. It looks like a total lost. Luckily the major damage was on the passenger side so hopefully it was a single occupant.

It looked pretty bad, a shame to see a fellow silver like that.

rage2
07-18-2002, 06:39 PM
That's 2 Silver SLK's this week, one rolled, one T-Boned. Where did you see it?

Grand Damn
07-19-2002, 08:21 PM
how the hell can someone role a SLK if i tried i couldnt

what dummys :nut:

Evan
07-19-2002, 08:23 PM
Ouch! :(

Would hate to see such a beautiful machine wasted :banghead:

kenny
07-19-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Grand Damn
how the hell can someone role a SLK if i tried i couldnt

what dummys :nut:

Any car can be rolled, you don't really expect the SLK to be unrollable do you? Go 200 on a curve, and smack a curb or something, or drive on Highway 1A and fall off the edge of the road. Either way will get you rolling in no time.

RiceCake
07-20-2002, 02:32 AM
Yeah I agree with Kenny on this one... People usually give themselves a false sense of security when purchasing a vehicle.

Many people driveing SUVs in winter believe they are indistructable, and if you ever pay attention to the news broadcasts in winter, you too would see how many of these get wrecked.:eek:

Fluidic
07-20-2002, 02:39 AM
Painful even to hear... let alone see (if there ARE pictures...)

Peter

Fluidic
07-20-2002, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by RiceCake
Many people driving SUVs in winter believe they are indestructible, and if you ever pay attention to the news broadcasts in winter, you too would see how many of these get wrecked.:eek:

I agree... people who drive those type of vehicles, or even a car that is lowered, think they are indestructible machines that never roll or are never involved in accidents.... I have experience with this... because my car was lowered... and I couldn't believe that my car rolled as easily as it did... false sense of securty... scary ain't it...

Peter

girlRACER
07-20-2002, 02:50 PM
Yes, I agree with Kenny too. Everytime I turn a corner really fast I feel like I am going to roll over, which was much different from my Infiniti.

Ben
07-20-2002, 02:57 PM
Same with my truck...people couldn't believe the corners I could put it into and at the speed I did, and then one day you ar just driving normal, and onto the roof it does...pretty intense!

Fluidic
07-20-2002, 03:27 PM
Intense is right Benny... scary... intense... and a feeling of extreme venerability... not being able to control the car is exceptionally overwhelming.

So far... all the people who I know who have been involved in rollovers have escaped with a few scratches or less... thank god for that! :angel:

Peter