PDA

View Full Version : Help**Need speakers and system installed

SinisterProbeGt
12-11-2006, 01:28 PM
I am looking for a system to replace my stock Bose system in my G.
What kind of speakers would you put in the doors and rear.
I would like to run a single sub as well.
I already have 2 4 channel amps.
Anyone know of a good place for the parts and install
Any place but TCS please
a fellow beyonder looking for a weekend gig?

sullygully
12-11-2006, 07:32 PM
Visions does pretty good installs, and its affordable

Loud-N-Clear
12-11-2006, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by sullygully
Visions does pretty good installs, and its affordable
:werd: The one by Westhills has a good installer, if you just want something simple and also fairly good prices on the car audio stuff there.

MrSector9
12-11-2006, 10:26 PM
for me and a g35 depending on budget but i would go for a good SQ install sorta deal...

Rainbow Profi Vanadium Kicks in 6.5 for the front

nothing in the rear

Rainbow sub of some sort or other high SQ type.

as for the install I have no experience with anyone in calgary but I wouldn't really trust that equipment to just anyway. The vanadium kicks woudl be in the $1500-2000 range I would figure.

They sound dreamy though :)

OH and a good deck... nakamichi,mcintosh a high up eclipse... something nice :)

jdmakkord
12-11-2006, 10:37 PM
Just save yourself the trouble, and head to audio concepts. High quality gear, and high quality installs.

Loud-N-Clear
12-11-2006, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
Just save yourself the trouble, and head to audio concepts. High quality gear, and high quality installs.
I've heard nothing but good things about Audio Concepts, but I'm new to town and have never been there. Anyone know where they're located?

Eride
12-11-2006, 11:48 PM
Right on 32nd Ave NE best shop in town for high quality gear and installs.

lost_in_bsd
12-11-2006, 11:49 PM
they are on 32nd ave and 19 st ne its in the complex on the nw corner of the intersection

Palmiros
12-11-2006, 11:59 PM
I can't tell you what kind of speakers to use.
What I can tell you, is that Wrxer1 installed my sub, it looks clean, professional, and he ran all the wiring/install. Give him a shout and I'm sure he will be more than happy to assist you.

PS: Mine was done over the weekend, and I'm really happy with the quality/price.

jf97talon
12-12-2006, 12:01 AM
I got my full system done at visions, HOWEVER if you buy your shit at Soundsaround its free install. As well i can get you most of the parts at cost from Soundsaround. At visions i can get you a wicked deal as well
PM me if you have any questions.

SinisterProbeGt
12-12-2006, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord

Originally posted by Palmiros
I can't tell you what kind of speakers to use.
What I can tell you, is that Wrxer1 installed my sub, it looks clean, professional, and he ran all the wiring/install. Give him a shout and I'm sure he will be more than happy to assist you.

PS: Mine was done over the weekend, and I'm really happy with the quality/price.

I am looking for SQ for sure. Profi Vanadium Kicks do sound very nice. However i used to have Alpine DD Drives back in the day any thing like this out with noise cancelation and so on.

jdmakkord
12-12-2006, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt

I am looking for SQ for sure. Profi Vanadium Kicks do sound very nice. However i used to have Alpine DD Drives back in the day any thing like this out with noise cancelation and so on.

Just take your favorite cd, and go listen to what they have, my ears are different than the next guy, I cant recommend the "best" speakers for you. What sounds best to you, is what you want to buy.

SinisterProbeGt
12-26-2006, 01:28 PM
New for the "G"
So i used Werxer1 from beyond here to do the install. Great job and here is what we went with.
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/photos/T162S_1_m.jpg
Rockford Fosgate T162S 2-Way Component System

Solo-Baric L5 Subwoofer - Dual 4-ohm voice coils, 750 watts RMS,
http://www.electronicexpress.com/images/products/large/7834.jpg http://www.dimensionaudio.com/images/kicker_zx4001_1.jpg Kicker ZX400RMS AMP

wrxer1
12-26-2006, 06:58 PM
Great working with you SinisterProbeGt, beautiful G35!
Let me know when your sub and components are broken in, i'll be back for some updated tuning. :)

msommers
12-26-2006, 07:01 PM
Focal Utopias!!!!!!!!!!