PDA

View Full Version : Driving Instructor Requirements?

Palmiros
12-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Alright, so as the title states I'm wondering what the requirements are in becoming a driving instructor, for AMA lets say. Is there an age factor (as in do you have to be 21+ or something), as well as others?
I'm strictly referring to the in-car "trainer" not the classroom, or the actual "evaluation" instructor, although i would tend to believe the requirements are the same.
If anyone knows any of the answers please reply. :)
Thanks!

Whitetiger
12-11-2006, 05:41 PM
If you got the money, I think you can incorporate your own training school business (as it's privatized)...

Couple of trucking companies got into trouble when they were passing people that wasn't suppose to be passed.

So in short, I think anyone (over 21+, with clean driving record) can "teach" someone how to drive. Like I said, invest yourself in a lease for a trainer's vehicle (where you have 2 brake pedals), and just advertise in high schools or something.

I could be wrong about this though.

Originally posted by Palmiros
Alright, so as the title states I'm wondering what the requirements are in becoming a driving instructor, for AMA lets say. Is there an age factor (as in do you have to be 21+ or something), as well as others?
I'm strictly referring to the in-car "trainer" not the classroom, or the actual "evaluation" instructor, although i would tend to believe the requirements are the same.
If anyone knows any of the answers please reply. :)
Thanks!

Palmiros
12-11-2006, 05:52 PM
So it's actually 21?
I just guessed.

Whitetiger
12-11-2006, 06:15 PM
To be honest, I'm not sure about the age being an instructor (I was basing that from YOUR research)...

But just pointing out that it doesn't take much to be called "a driving school", I don't think.... because Alberta privatized the industry.

szw
12-11-2006, 06:26 PM
Call any driving instruction company and ask. If that is too much work, try typing in "alberta driving instructor requirements" into google and click on the first link. It is rather difficult so you may copy and paste what I wrote in between the quotations marks.

BlueGoblin
12-12-2006, 01:06 AM
When I got my motorcycle instructor license, I think the age restriction was 18 and you needed to get a medical. I don't think the medical was necessary for class 5 instructors, but I think most class 5 instructors have their class 4 which requires the medical.

To get my Class 6 Instructor's license, I also had to do an Instructor's class with Canada Safety Council including being a 'student teacher' on a course. The Instructor's License was valid for 2 years and was just a single white card with no photo that went with your photo ID.

This was a few years ago though, and things may have changed and/or be different for class 5.

Whitetiger
12-12-2006, 02:35 AM
Why would you want a job like that anyways, pretty scary risk to take in life. (for a job) Well, I have no idea how much it pays, so who knows.

8Ball
12-12-2006, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Whitetiger
Why would you want a job like that anyways, pretty scary risk to take in life. (for a job) Well, I have no idea how much it pays, so who knows.

must enjoy the company of young teen girls.?

snowboard
12-12-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by 8Ball

must enjoy the company of young teen girls.?

Thats a perk of the job i bet haha.