PDA

View Full Version : help with old school quinn alarm

ercchry
12-11-2006, 06:18 PM
ok so the car has been sitting for a while and i bought it with this alarm that never use to work it would only make noise if i held the button down.

so i went out to turn the car on today and it was dead so i still had the key in the ignition and i hooked up the charger to the car put it on 'start' and the alarm went off so i disconected the charger and it stoped and then i turn off the switch for the alarm (i think that it was the switch) and tryed again and same thing then i took the fuse out that was going into the box for the alarm and same thing so i am stumped and i gave up because i was making all to dogs bark in the neighborhood

ercchry
12-11-2006, 09:32 PM
anyone?

ercchry
01-09-2007, 02:46 AM
ok if no one knows how to turn it off then does anyone know how to uninstall it?

Strugari
01-09-2007, 08:23 AM
I would just remove (cut) all the wires going to the alarm. There will be 2 wires going to the starter wire that you will need to solder together after you cut them. (Starter Kill).
I have tried before to get info from Quinn to no avail:banghead:

soupey
01-09-2007, 10:19 AM
u should just be able to pull out whatever fuse is powering the alarm brain to disable the alarm, u cud look for the valet switch and toy around with that, sometimes there is also a parking switch hidden somewhere....best bet is to pull all the fuses that go to ur alarm brain.

ercchry
01-09-2007, 04:28 PM
i pulled an inline fuse that goes to it and i didnt do a thing

mo_money2supe
01-09-2007, 04:41 PM
Try keeping the charger on the battery, have the alarm go off, stick the key in the ignition to the 2nd point (right before the key cranks the ignition), and holding down the "valet button" until you hear three chirps. That's how Quinn taught me to turn off the alarm when I got mine installed there some 8 years ago!

soupey
01-09-2007, 04:41 PM
if all else fails disconnect the siren.

ercchry
01-09-2007, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by mo_money2supe
Try keeping the charger on the battery, have the alarm go off, stick the key in the ignition to the 2nd point (right before the key cranks the ignition), and holding down the "valet button" until you hear three chirps. That's how Quinn taught me to turn off the alarm when I got mine installed there some 8 years ago!

so it that just a black push button then? because i have one of those under the dash that is just hanging there then i have a switch (i think that the switch is for so sort of auto start though)