PDA

View Full Version : beyond.ca pioneer boycott thread

h_s
12-11-2006, 11:36 PM
this is complete bullshit, 2 pioneer dvd decks (2000- total) crapping out in a little over a year and a half)

i originally bought a pioneer avic-n1 BRAND NEW yet second hand a year and a half ago, 1 year later, it craps out... the screen didnt go up, and wouldnt play anything (faceplate lit up fine) 3-4 months ago i bought another unit (the $1000 one, not the n2 or n3) and today i installed it in a 4runner that i bought (so it works fine for most of the day)... the 4 runner had some loose wires so while im working down at the fuse box, the deck went on and off about 5 times, after that.. the screen wont go up, it plays songs and stuff but the screen seems to be the only thing thats not working

what could be wrong???

future shop wont give be warranty because i didnt get it installed by them, and going through pioneer will take alot of time/money and i will get the run-around (plus maybe the installation issue)

are there reputable deck repair shops that you reccomend??

Loud-N-Clear
12-11-2006, 11:42 PM
Weird, I've had 2 Pioneer decks and although i didn't especially like either of them, I never had any problems.

SCHIDER23
12-11-2006, 11:44 PM
Same here I had pioneer decks and no problems at all they are reliable in my opinion

RX-7_TWINTURBO
12-11-2006, 11:47 PM
the 4 runner had some loose wires so while im working down at the fuse box, the deck went on and off about 5 times, after that.. the screen wont go up, it plays songs and stuff but the screen seems to be the only thing thats not working

So because you failed to disconnect your battery while working with loose wires and expensive electronics, pioneer should be at fault ?
Sorry i dont think it works like that. Learn your lesson and next time take your time a do it properly

spike98
12-11-2006, 11:48 PM
i have a pioneer DEX-P1R circa 1997 and its going strong....maybe you just can't take care of your shit

3G
12-12-2006, 12:00 AM
you should sell me that one u had in ur car

googe
12-12-2006, 12:01 AM
you really gotta stop making "rant" threads.

"man i drove my car through a lake and now the engine wont turn over! honda are such bastards they wont even cover it! boycott honda!"

soupey
12-12-2006, 12:04 AM
its obvious that your own work is at fault, not pioneer, ive been using two pioneer decks for years now without any problems other than a peg breaking off my faceplate...that i opened up and replaced with a metal rod instead....

check check and recheck your wiring, make sure all ur power wires are secure and arent cutting out while your driving or something...but it definitely sounds like ur the one at fault, not pioneer.

GTS Jeff
12-12-2006, 12:12 AM
I love Pioneer decks. They are reliable as hell, have a great OEL display, and they sound great. As far as amp power goes, they're leaps and bounds above the other guys like Alpine and Eclipse because they put out a lot more power and more importantly, it's clean! When I switched from a Pioneer deck to an Alpine deck in my Corolla, my SQ dropped until I found an external amp. Another thing is, Pioneer never over-rates their power output or preout voltages like other manufacturers.

You can guess what brand of HU I just ordered for my second car...

Whitetiger
12-12-2006, 12:20 AM
lol

Originally posted by googe
you really gotta stop making "rant" threads.

"man i drove my car through a lake and now the engine wont turn over! honda are such bastards they wont even cover it! boycott honda!"

Weapon_R
12-12-2006, 12:21 AM
Pioneer decks are okay but they are overpriced. I don't know why so many people stand behind them. For the same price, buy a real deck - Alpine.

zieg
12-12-2006, 12:24 AM
Kenwood FTW.

h_s
12-12-2006, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by 3G
you should sell me that one u had in ur car

i opened it up, and gave it away, if this one is junk you can have it...

anyone know where i can take it to get checked out?

btw: i love panasonic, best cd decks that ive owned... i wonder if they make dvd players, a friend bought and alpine unit and im very impressed with it, maybe that'll come next

3G
12-12-2006, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by h_s

i opened it up, and gave it away, if this one is junk you can have it...

anyone know where i can take it to get checked out?

btw: i love panasonic, best cd decks that ive owned... i wonder if they make dvd players, a friend bought and alpine unit and im very impressed with it, maybe that'll come next

lemme know bro :)

Godfuader
12-12-2006, 01:51 AM
Have had one for over 4 years now...and flawless. :dunno:

GTS Jeff
12-12-2006, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Pioneer decks are okay but they are overpriced. I don't know why so many people stand behind them. For the same price, buy a real deck - Alpine. Are you kidding me? Let's do some comparison here:

Pioneer 880
-$450
-22w x4
-stereo 16 band graphic equalizer
-time correction
-5v preouts
-auto-tune with mic

Alpine 9860
-$450
-16w x4
-pathetic bass engine, which is just a glorified bass and treble knob
-2v preouts
-ooh ooh it can play DVDs, but what's the use with shit sound quality?

Basically, if you care anything for proper car audio, the Pioneer wins hands down. If you want flashy Biolites and glidepads or bluetooth yadda ricey shit...then go for Alpine.