PDA

View Full Version : Motley Crue + Aerosmith

Nissanaddict
12-12-2006, 01:30 AM
Anybody go? Vince Neil was even more out of steam this time than the first time he came here on the reunion. That said, I never hate hearing "Don't go Away Mad" or Kickstart live. Good tunes. As for Aerosmith...absolutely terrific from start to finish. I couldn't believe that Tyler had so much freaking energy. Dream On was unreal, as was Sweet Emotion.

Cruz
12-12-2006, 01:32 AM
Would have loved to go but didn't work out. Both are amazing, classic bands.

T-Dubbs
12-12-2006, 01:45 AM
yea, i had a wicked time also, except for my stunting ticket afterwards:thumbsdow

01RedDX
12-12-2006, 01:54 AM

Nissanaddict
12-12-2006, 01:54 AM
Hah, which one were you? Lol j/k, didn't see anyone do anything stupid outside.

trikypenguin
12-12-2006, 02:01 AM
what did u get a stunting ticket for???

Genjuro
12-12-2006, 02:15 AM
fucking amazing show.
now that was a real concert.

DragZilla
12-12-2006, 02:25 AM
I agree about Vince Neil, it seemed as if he was tired after the 1st song lol
Aerosmith sounded great but I'd say motley crue had the better stage show

SportTwin
12-12-2006, 09:39 AM
Motley Crue was awesome - the stage show had waaaaaay too much smoke (probably to cover up how old they all look now) but they played lots of great tunes.

Aerosmith was unbelievable. Period. Steven Tyler has great pipes and can still rock the house. The atmosphere left over from the Crue's smoke show perfectly set up the lighing effects for Aerosmith. I've seen them lots before and I'll go see them the next time they come through. :thumbsup:

My only complaint was the big retard beside me and my girlfriend that didn't realize the dome wasn't filled to see him dance like an idiot and spill beer all over everyone. The highlight was watching him rush the floor and trip on the steps with a header into the boards and knock himself stupid. :nut:

On another note - did anyone notice that the show was amazingly on time? I'm guessing that the crap Axl Rose pulled with the GnR show running until 2am didn't go over very well and the staff at the dome dictated the start times.

rage2
12-12-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by SportTwin
On another note - did anyone notice that the show was amazingly on time? I'm guessing that the crap Axl Rose pulled with the GnR show running until 2am didn't go over very well and the staff at the dome dictated the start times.
haha what are u talking about? Everyone knew that GnR was going to come out around midnight (they were 10 mins early actually at the dome) and play for 2.5 hrs.

abyss
12-12-2006, 10:29 AM
:drool: Aerosmith. AMAZING show. Steven Tyler is the only old guy I know that can pull off sparkly girl jeans so well. Can't believe he's still got it, was dissapointed they had lyric teleprompters and copies of what city they were in taped to various locations around the stage though :( takes away a bit of the magic. Motley Crue was WAY too loud, couldn't hear anything Vince was saying nevermind singing, he just didn't seem that into the show, however this is the end of the tour for them. I think they only have one more date, so it makes sense that they're tired.

Mckenzie
12-12-2006, 11:34 PM
Motley Crue was a bit of a dissappointment...way too loud and Neil was not even singing half the songs lol...

Side note, Rick Mars rocks! Their stage show was cool too and I did enjoy the set for sure.

But Aerosmith....never fails to blow me away. Third time I've seen them ad they always blow the house down. So much stage presence and energy its infectious! They are true top-class performers that hit every part of their set bang-on....sounded great. Steven Tyler's voice still gives me shivers and Joe Perry is a smokin guitar player.

All in all, great night! Only complaint for Aerosmith was that there was only one encore.:dunno:

rx-7heaven
12-20-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie
Motley Crue was a bit of a dissappointment...way too loud and Neil was not even singing half the songs lol...

Side note, Rick Mars rocks! Their stage show was cool too and I did enjoy the set for sure.
They were half as loud as the 4 previous times I've seen them.

and it's Mick, not Rick. And of course he rocks. His spine is basically cementing and he still rocks the fuck out. You don't know the beginning of it.

Nissanaddict
12-21-2006, 02:32 AM
Yeah. Mick Mars is just wow. He's a trooper and a half. It was my first Aerosmith show so I enjoyed the hell out of it though. Second time for crue, and definitely worse than the first, but the stage show was wicked. That girl hanging on that white cloth from the top was awesome.