PDA

View Full Version : Summary of 99% of the people you'll meet in college

Hanzo
12-13-2006, 02:28 PM
I just read this from another forum, thought i'd share it haha

Intellectual Superhero
Intellectual Superhero is neither an intellectual nor a superhero, but don’t tell him that! The Intellectual Superhero is easily identified by his complete inability to allow a class period to pass by without asking at least 654 questions designed to show how "witty" and "clever" he is. He will attempt to prove the professor wrong in every class with his inane bullshit, regardless of the fact that the professor has a doctorate in the field. If it’s a science course, the Intellectual Superhero will attempt to solve every problem using an alternate method, which is always incorrect. But don’t worry; he’ll still manage to waste 20 minutes of your life with his insane method of solving the problem. At least you’ll get to laugh at him when the professor proves him wrong.

45 Year Old College Student with Two Kids
The 45 Year Old College Student with Two Kids is one of the more interesting personas found in the college classroom. This subject has returned to school in an attempt to better her life, which is a great endeavor. However, there are a few things about this person that will make you want to punch her in the face by the end of the semester. The 45-year-old college student with two kids must write down every word the professor says. This will cause the class to be peppered with calls of "can you repeat that" approximately every 0.23 seconds. Second, she must ask the most obvious questions, preferably ones the professor has already answered.

Stupid Ugly Fat Girl
Stupid Ugly Fat Girl feels the need to enter into every single class discussion, completely disregarding the fact that she has nothing of substance to add to the conversation. Stupid Ugly Fat Girl cannot construct a sentence without using the words "like" and "um" at least 12 times for every 2 other words. She always wears clothes that are too tight, and seems partial to gaudy rhinestone shirts with incredibly original phrases such as "Princess" strewn across the front of her sagging cow tits. The only way to actually learn something in a class with the Stupid Ugly Fat Girl is to distract her attention with a shiny object.

Johnny Frat Boy - or - Sally Sorority Chick
While there’s certainly nothing wrong with being in a Greek organization, some people take their involvement in these groups a little too seriously. These are the people who can’t go 2 consecutive days without wearing their shirts from some drinking party they went to last weekend. Johnny Frat Boy likes to brag about how many beers he slammed down on Tuesday night, while Sally Sorority Chick acts as though she is too immaculate to be tarnished by your presence. In either case you shouldn’t worry about these two personality types too much because they only associate with each other. This brings me to another point: when you see these people outside of class, it is perfectly acceptable to run them over with your motor vehicle of choice.

Study Nazi
Study Nazi is in school for one reason: to get good grades. Unfortunately for Study Nazi, he’s not that bright and he struggles with his classes. That doesn’t stop him from letting everyone know how long he studied for that 5 question quiz though. Study Nazi, much like the Intellectual Superhero, will ask questions constantly during class. However, the Intellectual Superhero has some grasp of the material. Study Nazi, while he can quote his books and his notes verbatim, has no idea what any of it means. Under no circumstances should you approach Study Nazi outside of class. Doing so will only remind him that he’s losing valuable time that he could be using in the library and you might get hurt in his frenzied dash to get there as quickly as possible.

Silent Foreign Curve Destroyer
Silent Foreign Curve Destroyer has nothing better to do than study. While the average of the rest of the class is a respectable 45%, Silent Foreign Curve Destroyer has approximately a 1351% in the course, thereby totally destroying any chance you had of passing the class. Silent Foreign Curve Destroyer can be identified by the fact that he will be in the library before you get there and stay far after you've left. He will almost certainly wear the same clothing throughout the entire course, and, while he may be human, it's more likely that he's some kind of magic robot.

Fucking Disgusting Computer Science Major
Fucking Disgusting Computer Science Major is the reason that you don’t want to go to class. He bathes roughly once every leap year and wears the same "totally awesome" Japanese video game (the import version was so much better) shirt for half a semester at a time. No matter how far away you get from him, the stench seems to travel across the room and assault your nostrils. Fucking Disgusting Computer Science Major has no time for the English language, and he will often ask questions that make little to no sense and lack any sort of "grammatical structure." He’s the only character that can actually give Silent Foreign Curve Destroyer a run for his money on the intellectual scale, but that’s only because he was probably born with knowledge of linear algebra and differential equations.

The Anime Freak
Anime Freak is somewhat of a rarity outside of computer science and/or Japanese courses. However, you still might encounter one in some humanities cores. The Anime Freak will always be wearing button down shirts with a dragon or some kind of Dragonball Z character on it. Also, anything with Japanese writing on it is always cool in the eyes of Anime Freak, even if it makes absolutely no sense. Do not approach the Anime Freak outside of class, unless you want to run into a situation like this:

You: Hey, what’s up?
AF: I think episode 185 of [insert horribly obscure anime show here] is the best because they use the Power of the Light to slay the dragon beast and save the world from total destruction!!!
You: Um… I have to go.

Major Elitist
No, he’s not in the military! Ha ha! All blatantly bad jokes aside, the Major Elitist is generally some type of science or engineering major who looks down on anyone who might even think about getting a humanities or business degree. After all, we all know that the only thing that’s important is science. All that other mamby-pansy bullshit like "History" or "English" or "the world economy" is just a bunch of feel-good rhetorical nonsense anyway. Besides, any jackass can get a liberal arts degree!

Non-Conformist Conformist
The Non-Conformist Conformist is an interesting species. While he tries to "fight the man," he is unable to do so without conforming to another group. The Non-Conformist Conformist can be easily identified by his Rage Against the Machine or Che Guevara t-shirt and dark green corduroy pants. During the winter he will be wearing a military field coat from Germany with a patch on the side, and he often carries a wallet on a chain. You can identify him in the classroom because he’ll feel the need to share with the class his opinions of pop culture. He’ll use a condescending tone of voice because he’s better than little sheeple like you. That’s all right though because whether it be the punk, goth, or any other subculture, the Non-Conformist Conformist declares boldly, "I choose to not fit in by fitting in with a DIFFERENT group!"

Fashion Monger
Fashion Monger is on the bleeding edge of fashion! While having some nice clothes is something everyone should invest in, Fashion Monger’s entire wardrobe has been purchased from stores so hip that you've never even heard of them. Apparently, it’s "hip" and "with it" to pay 500 dollars for jeans that were hand stitched by the hardworking people of Taiwan. And, as we all know, 50 dollars for a silk-screened t-shirt is a completely reasonable price, as long as it was designed by an gay Italian man. Yes, nothing says, "I have too much money and not enough common sense" quite like buying clothes with fancy designer labels that are marked up 1000%!

The Sociable Slacker
This is the guy who went out of his way to talk to you on the first day. Was really personable, seems like a normal, social person. He even suggested trading phone numbers just in case you needed help. Fast forward to the second week of class - he's not there. Same goes for all the classes until right before the midterm when you get a call. "Hey man, what's up? How's it going? Oh yeah, I missed the last class can I borrow all your notes and photocopy them? Yeah, we should go grab a beer one day." No show again until the final where he calls you up again asking for notes. And that beer? A complete fabrication.

CEO Junior the Third
Born to wealth and privilege and toting an ego the size of Australia, CEO Jr. III will rarely be encountered outside of econ, business and business-related courses (like the lower level computer sciences). Much like the Fashion Monger, CJ3 is fascinated by brand names and drops them wherever possible. However, instead of dropping "real" designer names, he'll brag about the cheap shit he bought from Abercrombie last week. Success is what he's aiming for, and he'll probably get there, but only through his dad’s business connections. Like the Study Nazi, he is not particularly bright, though his particular mode of achieving good grades consists of stroking the professor's ego with appropriate questions and office hours schmoozing. Like the Sociable Slacker he is unfailingly cheerful, but his cheeriness, much like everything else about him, is completely insincere. He is astoundingly successful at getting laid for reasons which are at present unknown to science. It's probably best to avoid crossing him in social circumstances since he can wield his people skills like a weapon.

The Skimmer
The skimmer is easy to identify. He always sits in the back of lecture halls and is usually asleep 10 minutes into class. It is not uncommon to hear The Skimmer brag about how much studying he didn't do for that quiz coming up. The Skimmer is not usually found in higher level courses.

The Scout
The Scout is always in lecture before you. Even if you show up five minutes early. The Scout will use his backpack, notebook, textbook, or anything larger than a piece of paper to cordon off the entire front row for his or her friends, who show up five minutes after the class has already started.

The Phantom
A completely unremarkable student in every way, THE PHANTOM shows up for classes, does the work, and... that's it. You will never see the phantom outside of class - Existing on his sheepishness and fueled by his silence, even if you live next door to the phantom you'll never hear a word of him. Sometimes can be combined with Fucking Disgusting Computer Science Major for a truly wholesome experience.

Madden Jr.
This student's life revolves around sports. He can quote sports scores, character stats, and just about anything from some obscure game last week. Not only did he watch it, he studied it while his classmates were studying for that quiz he failed. He usually arrives in class approximately 10 minutes late wearing his favorite sports team hat and jacket, only to talk about sports for the entire class. Interestingly, the Madden Jr. rarely, if ever, has any athletic ability of his own, and is often obese due to a diet consisting entirely of nachos.

The pre-med
The pre-med has a 4.0 cumulative GPA and has junior standing even though he's a first semester sophomore. He's got a >90 average in every class this semester, but is absolutely terrified that he's going to fail them all. Can often be heard making wild assumptions about grading schemes and arguing with the TA over 0.25 point deductions on exams.

The Commentator
Tends to occupy the center of the room for maximum visibility. Always nods along with the professor. Provides his/her own commentary, largely to herself, during lecture while jotting down notes. Most commonly uttered phrases are variations of: "Oh yeah", "Exactly", "Well, that's interesting".

Professor Corrector
This student loves to volunteer class time to correct the professors' menial mistakes. Did he say 90% instead of 85%? Was he off an important date by a year? The Corrector will grab this opportunity immediately. Does the textbook back up the professor? Well that's wrong too! The whole world is filled with misinformation, and only this noble lad can spend 20 minutes setting the professor straight as everyone silently whispers "I HATE YOU." They may be a student, but they already years ahead of the class.

The Conversationist
You'll find this one at the back of the class, and they tend to travel in herds. She spends all semester having conversations with the people around her, that have absolutely nothing to do with the class, usually pertaining to her boyfriend, a movie she just saw, or a party she was at/plans to attend. Completely ignorant of the people around her who are actually trying to pay attention to the lecture in a typically difficult subject. Another common trait of The Conversationist is her apparent lack of any sort of school supplies (including pens, pencils, paper, and the freaking textbook) Sociologists have theorized that this is a subconcsious ploy designed to draw more people into The Conversationalist's tangled web of distraction.

The Conversationalist is more prevalent in community colleges or lower level classes and tends to drop classes the day before the drop date, just in time to add all of her soon to be ex-classmates to her cell phone.

The Philosopher Stoner
Easily identifiable by his red eyes, incoherent speech, and the lingering stench of marijuana, the philosopher stoner may or may not be a member of NORML, and probably won't go to class very often. On the off chance that he actually attends a class, god forbid the professor mention anything related to drugs, because suddenly the philosopher stoner will turn into a walking, talking version of erowid.com.

The "It's 'cause I'm Black/Gay, Isn't It?" Guy:
This guy grew up in some place where he was discriminated against, like Kentucky, then went to a liberal/socially progressive college. Anything that happens, such as not getting invited out, is greeted with "It's 'cause I'm black/gay isn't it?" Also, attempts to get older professors in trouble for using words like "niggardly" or "queer".

Coding God
A variant of the Fucking Disgusting Computer Science Major, The Coding God has been programming since he was a fetus and is a total geek. He will piss you off in lab by somehow finishing all his work in under thirty minutes. Often heard uttering sarcastic comments about operating systems or trying to hit on the few nerdy girls that somehow make it into the upper level CS classes, but will never, ever, ever succeed.

:rofl: :rofl: man i see so many of these type of people in engineering it's not even funny. Like professor corrector, conversationist, silent foreign curve destroyer, 45yo college student, study nazi, and the phantom.

but i hate those damn Fucking Disgusting Computer Science Major.

Speed_69
12-13-2006, 02:37 PM
:rofl: This seems to be soo true.

So what is everybody??

I seem to fit in with "The Skimmer" :D

Hanzo
12-13-2006, 02:41 PM
i think i'd be in the Major Elitist category like most engineers. we hate everyone else at the U except for the hot girls in Haskyne :poosie: that we never ever get to see in the crap engg building :cry:

CasperWho
12-13-2006, 02:47 PM
So true!
Awesome find! :rofl:

Darkane
12-13-2006, 03:05 PM
Im a mix of way to many of those lol. Im an elitist. Nothing but the energy Dept counts. Im the 4.0guy arguing about .25 point, im the skim guy saying how much i didn't study, and also the phantom because school friends and the friends you grew up with shouldn't mix. Sometimes there are exceptions.

ercchry
12-13-2006, 03:07 PM
i have a Stupid Ugly Fat Girl in my stats class but instead of being ugly and fat she is a smoke show

ashee
12-13-2006, 03:14 PM
The Conversationists are the worst:thumbsdow

403Gemini
12-13-2006, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Hanzo
i think i'd be in the Major Elitist category like most engineers. we hate everyone else at the U except for the hot girls in Haskyne :poosie: that we never ever get to see in the crap engg building :cry:

... and that usually dont stand any chance with any girl except for the ugly engineering ones ;)

you engineers are a funny lot...

i can honestly say ive probably only REALLY gotten along with 1 engineer that i've met... the rest have been... well... boring (i know not all are, but just most ive met lol so i like to bug em haha;) )
And oddly enough, the engineer i did get along with was my ex's boyfriend :dunno:

Audio_Rookie
12-13-2006, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
Im a mix of way to many of those lol. Im an elitist. Nothing but the energy Dept counts. Im the 4.0guy arguing about .25 point, im the skim guy saying how much i didn't study, and also the phantom because school friends and the friends you grew up with shouldn't mix. Sometimes there are exceptions.

I am similar......barely study....do my homework 1 hour before its due...miss 1/2 of the classes that I think the courses are stupid (archeology, sociology ect...)yet still pull of awesome grades.

I remember having a few 45 year old college students in my classes.....fuck I just wanted to wrap a roll of duct tape around her mouth.

Vagabond142
12-13-2006, 03:31 PM
I was a phantom. Went to class, ate and studied at Mac Hall, wasted a couple of bucks at the arcade, went home. :P Easy as that :P

Hanzo
12-13-2006, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

... and that usually dont stand any chance with any girl except for the ugly engineering ones ;)

you engineers are a funny lot...

i can honestly say ive probably only REALLY gotten along with 1 engineer that i've met... the rest have been... well... boring (i know not all are, but just most ive met lol so i like to bug em haha;) )
And oddly enough, the engineer i did get along with was my ex's boyfriend :dunno:

well you havne't met much engineers then, 10% of us are still 'normal' haha. but seriously tho, we need more hot girls in engineering!

sexualbanana
12-13-2006, 03:57 PM
I'm a mix of Major Elitest (how could the writer not mention business students when talking about elitists?), Johnny Frat Boy, and study nazi. Oh, and a Skimmer, too. I became known to my profs as the guy who falls asleep in every class.

Schwa
12-13-2006, 03:59 PM
Definitely elitist. In engineering as well so all those artsy fartsy degrees piss me off. Who cares if you got a 4.0 in GRST? I'm sure those non cumulative MC tests are killer...

Prepare to be hungry.

I can't get along with business kids because they find every damn excuse to show up in their suits. New project getting assigned? Lets pretend its formal!

Honda_002
12-13-2006, 04:00 PM
hahahahahahahahahhahahaha:rofl:
this thread is absolute gold. So true

stevieo
12-13-2006, 04:01 PM
skimmer, hence why i am out of school... again hahaaha

ricefarmer
12-13-2006, 04:02 PM
I'm not really any of these maybe a bit of a skimmer but fuck do I ever hate 45 YO COLLEGE STUDENT WITH 2 KIDS! STFU!
I have this one Stupid Ugly Fat Girl in a couple of my classes.... this explained her in every possible way :rofl:

b_t
12-13-2006, 04:10 PM
ahahah athe 45 year old college student with two kids is the BEST ONE hands down, PERFECT. and there ALWAYS is at least one in every class.

I don't really fit in though. I would be a skimmer, but I get waaaay too good of grades to fit in there.

Hanzo
12-13-2006, 04:58 PM
so who are the damn Fucking Disgusting Computer Science Major on beyond?? LOL

Super_Geo
12-13-2006, 05:11 PM
Hahaha oh FUUUCK!!! I was 'The Socialable Slacker' years 1, 2, 3 and 4 of Uni! Had my routine down for getting assignments off the nerds and everything! Hahahaha I've never read a list like that and had something basically say 'this is exactly you' :rofl:

toyboy88
12-13-2006, 05:41 PM
haha awesome

whiskas
12-13-2006, 05:47 PM
I'm happy to say that even though I'm a CPSC major I fit none of those stereotypes, I suck at math, hate anime and I actually bathe frequently.

One time in a CPSC class I was sitting beside a guy who was trying to find something in his backpack and had to start taking things out of it so he could see what was in it. One of those things was a stack of paperback books with anime style drawings of what looked like naked 10 year old girls with massive tits. To make it even worse he turned towards me and said "looking at my porn?". Oh god the thought of him beating it to that pedo anime shit makes me sick. That guy also had bad BO and a neckbeard. He also played WoW.

three.eighteen.
12-13-2006, 06:17 PM
haha, that's pretty darn accurate, i dunno what i am, i'm just kind of there

Street_Soldier
12-13-2006, 06:22 PM
Skimmer FTW

Skyline_Addict
12-13-2006, 07:23 PM
very good, haha.

tsi_neal
12-13-2006, 07:31 PM
i was totally the skimmer.... somehow i made it through a BSc in 4 years of slacking off and getting drunk by noon... i think i had a b- average too, not bad for getting drunk and rarely studying

^
check it, im still bragging about all the work i didnt do :poosie:

Sasuke_Kensai
12-13-2006, 07:50 PM
Skimmer and Phantom! Always bragging about how much I didn't study, when I'm actually talking to someone, to excuse my half-decent marks.

I'm also an anti-Elitist, I hate the self-masturbatory attitudes of my fellow engineers, so I guess that makes me an anti-conformist conformist as well.

I hate those damn intellectual superheroes and their variants (in philosophy, they just HAVE to quote some other major philosopher or some obscure book to sound smart). Fuckers. I need to get smart so I don't feel inadequate anymore.

EK 2.0
12-13-2006, 07:52 PM
The Philosopher Stoner
Easily identifiable by his red eyes, incoherent speech, and the lingering stench of marijuana, the philosopher stoner may or may not be a member of NORML, and probably won't go to class very often. On the off chance that he actually attends a class, god forbid the professor mention anything related to drugs, because suddenly the philosopher stoner will turn into a walking, talking version of erowid.com.

hahaha that was me...man I miss school...BUT...my speech was always coherent...

JordanEG6
12-13-2006, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

...BUT...my speech was always coherent...

and in tagalog ;)

my Engineering faculty has more than half of those people hahaha...the I had a madden Jr that fits the description DEAD ON HAHAHAHAHA :rofl:

I myself would be an elitist hahaha...mainly because im jealous that i dont have BS easy courses like SOCI or English lol

l8braker
12-13-2006, 08:07 PM
I'm the most like the Junior Frat although i do change clothes.

yes to the 45-year old classmate. yes to the ceo junior 3rd (There was one in my Mgmt group at Sait that was textbook) and the Major elitist.

Eleanor
12-13-2006, 08:16 PM
Major Elitist for the win! As stated earlier, we engineers are all elitists. ERTW!

TeamBestBud
12-13-2006, 08:45 PM
The Philosopher Stoner

:werd: a bit of that and the skimmer, but i think thats because one sort of leads to the other ;)

AsianCaucasian
12-13-2006, 09:02 PM

Hot haskayne girls are a myth.

Eleanor
12-13-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by AsianCaucasian

:werd:, they're all in chemistry.

Hanzo
12-13-2006, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor

are you serious?? i donno, i hear a lot about hot blondes in haskyne. but yeah at the U i only really lurked around engg, ict and mac hall. We engineers never really get a chance to go anywhere else...

likwid
12-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Haha i was totally the The Sociable Slacker

herragge
12-14-2006, 12:16 AM
This thead is gold. On reading the descriptions, I can visualize everyone of these!

"incredibly original phrases such as "Princess" strewn across the front of her sagging cow tits. The only way to actually learn something in a class with the Stupid Ugly Fat Girl is to distract her attention with a shiny object."

HAHAHA

I probably fit in as an elitist, much like everyone else here. Except I'm in Science, so I guess I'd be fit under a pre-med too...

I can't lie, I've been a scout QUITE a few times as well...lol

Mike

Gondi Stylez
12-14-2006, 01:00 AM
hahaha this thread FTW! some of the descriptions are bang on!!

im prolly a mix b/w the major elitist cuz an urban studies degree? like come on?! haha! the sociable slacker cuz im pretty chill and tend to fall asleep more than skip so i need the notes but i make it for the beer date! the skimmer is more so like me cuz i usally tend to sit at the back and am usually out in 2 min rather than 10! hell even when i sit in the front i just HAVE to sleep! when i dont i usally buy myself a cookie :D The pre-med is sorta like me cuz i get good grades but even if i got 90% ill still wonder where the 10% went cuz that means i have more slacking room!! The conversationist is the side of me that loves to talk! im always taking to my neighbours about random shit! haha these are the days when i stay awake but dont get the cookie cuz i didnt listen!

hahaha sometimes i wonder what im doing in school!!! :nut: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

vadeit
12-14-2006, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by b_t
ahahah athe 45 year old college student with two kids is the BEST ONE hands down, PERFECT. and there ALWAYS is at least one in every class.

True, true.

I found the farther I went in my degree the less often they appeared. By my last 2 years I never saw one in any of my classes.

HyperZell
12-14-2006, 01:05 AM

That's because you hate people. Especially foreign people.

It's odd how the Major Elitist didn't include business students. That fits me, and I'm part Skimmer as well.

Also, it's funny how engineers think they are elitist, but don't realize AT ALL how much the rest of the campus looks down at them.

ninjak84
12-14-2006, 01:12 AM
lol @ 'niggardly'. someone in my english 385 class accused christopher marlowe of racism, regarding use of the term 'niggard'. explaining a definition of the term was like solving the alternate fuel problem.

chris
12-14-2006, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Eleanor

ummmmm, no. some bio majors are alright, otherwise it's haskayne or bust (or sait or mrc), or like grst where they go to school to find a smart/rich dude so they can sit on their ass and drive a bimmer around.

Those descriptions are all pretty bang on, I'd say I'm an elitist mainly because I'm jealous of people that don't have ~20 hours of labs a week

Manhattan
12-14-2006, 01:30 AM
Fantastic read. Just one glaring omission though. THE CREEPY LONER. Someone should write it up.

ninjak84
12-14-2006, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Manhattan
THE CREEPY LONER. Someone should write it up.

Hey, leave the creepy loner out of it!
Some of us go to school to get a degree, not socialize with losers

Write one up on the "people watcher".....
These ones are f*cked in the head, and need mental health assistance ASAP.

EK 2.0
12-14-2006, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by JordanEG6
and in tagalog ;)

well you know...I try...haha...

GTS Jeff
12-14-2006, 03:21 AM
That whole thing makes it seem like 99% of people in university are all around bad people....which totally isn't true. I've met lots of great people in university. Where else can you find so many like-minded people interested in making themselves less stupid than the general public?

whiskas
12-14-2006, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
That whole thing makes it seem like 99% of people in university are all around bad people....which totally isn't true. I've met lots of great people in university.

Birds of a feather stay together :D

Hanzo
12-14-2006, 10:10 AM
That whole thing makes it seem like 99% of people in university are all around bad people....which totally isn't true. I've met lots of great people in university. Where else can you find so many like-minded people interested in making themselves less stupid than the general public?

haha yeah it's true, but this is suppose to be funny, i mean i'm pretty sure we've all had our sit in the back row talk with friends and then passout moments in 1st and 2nd year. I know I got a lot more mature about lectures in 3rd and 4th year...

Kirbs17
12-14-2006, 12:13 PM
That was an awesome list! I was a mix of a few of them, but not one was really dead on (CEO junior without the father connections, Pre med without being in Med, skimmer but I did well)

GTS Jeff
12-17-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Schwa
Definitely elitist. In engineering as well so all those artsy fartsy degrees piss me off. Yet your beyond username is schwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

three.eighteen.
12-17-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84

Hey, leave the creepy loner out of it!
Some of us go to school to get a degree, not socialize with losers

Write one up on the "people watcher".....
These ones are f*cked in the head, and need mental health assistance ASAP.

like a stalker??

FiveFreshFish
12-17-2006, 09:14 PM

I heard all the hotties are at MRC.

Hanzo
12-17-2006, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

yeah... all the DUMB ones :thumbsup:

EK 2.0
12-17-2006, 11:21 PM

Yes sir...they are...

yeah... all the DUMB ones :thumbsup:

No, actually...smart ones...smart enough to know not to go to the U and possibly meet an ass like you...

Whitetiger
12-17-2006, 11:39 PM
I'm part skimmer and phatom

Schwa
12-17-2006, 11:50 PM
Yet your beyond username is schwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Haha. I don't see the correlation...

GTS Jeff
12-18-2006, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Schwa

Haha. I don't see the correlation... I'd expect an english major to know what a schwa is, not a geer.

a social dsease
12-18-2006, 01:40 AM
Haha thats a nice list. I agree the best one is the 45 yr old student, they have to write down everything to prof says, and study for hours and hours for quizes that are worth like 1% of the overall mark. Some more i thought of:

-The perenially injured guy (cast, crutches, wheelchair, you name it, this guy attracts injuries like flies)
-the guy who is always drunk or high and rarely comes to class yet has the highest average in every class (how is this possible? must be bangin a prof)
-the kid who comes to class and sits in the front row only to play computer games on their laptop the whole class (everyone laughs behind their back at how many cheat codes they need to use on every level)
-the good natured idiot (someone who is a nice guy, but is a complete freakin retard and fucks up everything but somehow still passes)
-the pack of foreigners (sit in the back row in a group and talk through the whole class in a different language. do not associate with anyone else in the class besides members of their pack whatsoever)
-the kid who always brings a backpack full of the tastiest food and eats it constantly through every class. (everyone in the class is jealous of this guy but is too lazy to make food and too poor to buy some)

I'm probably a mix of Elitist and Philosopher Stoner and the last one i put, i always bring tonnes of food, I just can't think when Im hungry!

arian_ma
12-18-2006, 03:22 AM
I am a Skimmer...I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
:guns:

rage2
12-18-2006, 07:44 AM
haha I was a combo of "Silent Foreign Curve Destroyer" and "The Skimmer". I wish I was also "The Philosopher Stoner", but I was actually clean during university.

I spent my entire 2 years at Mac Hall in the "fishbowl" (not sure if that's still there now) playing Big2 with ppl on breaks the entire day and eating A&W's.

rage2
12-18-2006, 07:51 AM
This is true. We had a theory about this too.

Basically, hot chicks in high school ALWAYS gets distracted. They're the most popular with the guys, always goes to the best parties, so they never have time to study. By high school graduation, they realize they're too dumb to get into U of C and end up at MRC where anyone that passes high school can get in.

MRC girls (on average) have way bigger tits too. Again, big tits get attention, attention becomes a distraction. We actually got bored before, went to MRC, and just looked at tits the whole day to come up with this. Try it if you don't believe me, MRC chicks will be, on average, a full cup size larger.

By the time these chicks are at MRC, they struggle, so they look to hookup with smarter guys too. So if you pretend to be smart (well smarter than these bimbos), it's MUCH MUCH easier to hookup with a MRC hottie than a U of C hottie, cuz U of C hotties are super stuck up, cuz they're smart and hot and looking for rich guys haha. The trick is to hang out lots with friends that go to MRC and know a lot of ppl, he/she will be your best wingman haha.

FYI for those that wanna get laid haha.

Supa Dexta
12-18-2006, 09:55 AM
I'd expect an english major to know what a schwa is, not a geer.

you learn what a schwa is in grade school...

GTS Jeff
12-18-2006, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta

you learn what a schwa is in grade school... LOL I sure as fuck didn't. In fact, that's bullshit; linguistics/phonetics is not taught in grade school.

Supa Dexta
12-18-2006, 11:23 PM
I can honestly say I remember it being taught in or around grade 5 or 6.... Not to any extent, just a general meaning and be able to recognise it.. ( which we then called the "upside down e")

the definition isn't overly complex to understand, even at that age:

A mid-central neutral vowel, typically occurring in unstressed syllables, as the final vowel of English "sofa".

Not bragging or anything, I can just remember it being taught... But we didn't have the catholic schools like out here. Rather, we were taught how to recognize different fish and were shown how to fill out pogey forms back east.. haha

:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwa