PDA

View Full Version : RSX not in canadian market ?

Dren
12-14-2006, 01:00 AM
the Rsx not on the Acura page no more ?

maybe haven't been following the news but ya. any ideas ?

its on the us version.

http://www.acura.ca/

silver_gs-R
12-14-2006, 01:04 AM
I work for SilverHill Acura, and I'm sorry to brake the news to you, but as off 2006 the RSX has been discontinued.

Dren
12-14-2006, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by silver_gs-R
I work for SilverHill Acura, and I'm sorry to brake the news to you, but as off 2006 the RSX has been discontinued.

wows that was fast. came and gone...anything in the plans or so? for a two door from Honda...besides the Civic ?

harv91
12-14-2006, 01:13 AM
this may be a rumor but i heard the reason it got discontinued is because the prelude is coming back, anyone hear about this??:dunno:

ryder_23
12-14-2006, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by harv91
this may be a rumor but i heard the reason it got discontinued is because the prelude is coming back, anyone hear about this??:dunno:

I fucking wish...doubt it, but would like to know if thats true as well

Dren
12-14-2006, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by harv91

Would love to see that happen as well

But honda has lots of cars already...
accord
civic
crv
element
fit
insight
odyssey
pilot
ridgeline
s2000

not sure if they would add another to that lineup.

The Civic Si...is okies...hate the digital Gauge tho.

Xtrema
12-14-2006, 08:17 AM
RSX was on the chopping block since the new Civic came out last year. I'm surprised that you're surprised.

I'm glad RSX is gone. It's a cheap car not worthy of an Acura badge. Same goes for the CSX.

Acura officially has no coupe until new NSX bows in 08 (which I doubt most can afford). And there's a rumor of TSX coupe in the work when it's refreshed as well. And it's not hard to bring the CL back but the problem with Acura is that who the hell wants a FWD performance coupe when G35 is so readily available.

CivicDXR
12-14-2006, 08:24 AM
from what I remember reading, the RSX was cut from the lineup, and a sportier, more powerful accord coupe with be realeased to fill that gap in the honda lineup...

rc2002
12-14-2006, 08:46 AM
I'm glad RSX is gone. It's a cheap car not worthy of an Acura badge. Same goes for the CSX.
[/B]

Yup, those could've easily been marketed as Honda's. But apparently the market strategy is working. Canadians are the only ones dumb enough to pay such a large premium on a civic with leather seats.

[i]Originally posted by CivicDXR
from what I remember reading, the RSX was cut from the lineup, and a sportier, more powerful accord coupe with be realeased to fill that gap in the honda lineup...

Yup, I haven't heard any news on this yet. I think a lot of people are awaiting the news - hopefully Acura gets cracking on this sooner rather than later.

_wrx_
12-14-2006, 08:51 AM
yes that is true. i work at a honda dealership and some people say a new prelude is coming out but im not 100% if this is true, dont take my word lol.

toyboy88
12-14-2006, 09:02 AM
the RSX will be missed on my part :dunno: :cry:

nadroj23
12-14-2006, 09:04 AM
Wow hate for the RSX? lol...From what ive heard they didnt want any 2dr's in the acura line up, besides the NSX...not sure if this is true. Ive heard the RSX being called the Ghetto look of acura.

But i have a question...how is it cheap and not worthy of the Acura badge?

acura_el
12-14-2006, 09:05 AM
maybe they haven't updated the US site yet. it still says 2006 under RSX on the US site...gonna miss it :cry:

i've also heard rumours about a 2dr TSX coming out soon...i hope they make an AWD turbo TSX, that'd be sick :thumbsup::clap:

A2VR6
12-14-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

Yup, those could've easily been marketed as Honda's. But apparently the market strategy is working. Canadians are the only ones dumb enough to pay such a large premium on a civic with leather seats.

that and the fact that the RSX was the only car in the honda lineup that came with the K20A2 until this year thus forcing everyone to pay such a large premium ;)

Aleks
12-14-2006, 10:59 AM
If an RSX-S could sell at 34K the CSX-S will as well. CSX-S is a better car (4 door, LSD, NAVI). I still think that is overpriced so was the RSX-S.

But the thing is there aren't many cars now that you could by for less than 35K (tax in) with that kind of equipment.

max_boost
12-14-2006, 12:12 PM
It was time for the RSX to go. Why buy a RSX-S when you can get a Civic Si for $5k less :D

hoamic11
12-14-2006, 12:28 PM
this might be a possibility to why they disco'd the RSX, for the RDX, but that doesn't really make much sense too me. Drop a 2dr coupe for a 4dr suv that's turbo.

in*10*se
12-14-2006, 12:44 PM
TSX type s 2dr coupe with the RDX turbo'd engine FTW

_wrx_
12-14-2006, 12:47 PM
arent they making a type s for the csx? or somthing along those lines?

rc2002
12-14-2006, 02:09 PM
It's already here. I saw a white one in the Silverhill showroom yesterday. Looks pretty good. But not $35k good.

Speed_69
12-14-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
If an RSX-S could sell at 34K the CSX-S will as well. CSX-S is a better car (4 door, LSD, NAVI). I still think that is overpriced so was the RSX-S.

But the thing is there aren't many cars now that you could by for less than 35K (tax in) with that kind of equipment.
That's the exact reason I wouldn't want to buy one. Don't get me wrong, I love the RSX-S and CSX-S but for the price, no thanks. It's not worth it in my opinion. According to the Honda Canada Website, I can get a 2007 Honda Civic Si for less then 30K out the door. Same engine, sound system and LSD as the CSX-S. I'd much rather go with that despite both their ugly digital speedmeters and the civic doesnt' look as nice.

aram1000
12-14-2006, 02:21 PM
A 2 door TSX would make sense of a replacement to the RSX, but I agree that it would be nice for Acura to come out with a RWD 2 door coupe to compete with the G35 coupe

BigMass
12-14-2006, 02:41 PM
i have an 05 Type S and if i had to choose again between a Type S and a new Civic for 3000 less, i'd take the Type S again. The car feels better, much nice interior and overall refinement. The driving position and dash alone is worth $3000 more IMO. I cant stand the new Civic driving position, the huge front dash that makes you feel like youre driving a truck and the monster A pillar.

Most car companies charge around 2000 or more for a full leather package and even more for a sunroof so in the end it works out. Dont forget the much lower finance rates that the Type S had and the fact that it came fully loaded and there were no options to waste money on, i still think its a good deal and a great car.

max_boost
12-14-2006, 03:11 PM
^^^

True!

Civic Si didn't come with a sunroof? FWIW, Acura > Honda haha

TSX is very nice and very refined but needs more power, a lot more power and lose the FWD thing. Perhaps add the Super Handling AWD to it :D

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-14-2006, 03:21 PM
When I actually went in to look @ the 06 civic's a few months ago, the saleman told us that the RSX was out because they were moving up the civic, and filling that spor with the Fit.

Apparently the Civic Si w/ 197HP and LSD > RSX-S w/ 210HP.

I'll miss the RSX, but from what i've heard, no plans for any replacements. Just beefing up the current lineup (NSX added as well)

Aleks
12-14-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
^^^

True!

Civic Si didn't come with a sunroof? FWIW, Acura > Honda haha

TSX is very nice and very refined but needs more power, a lot more power and lose the FWD thing. Perhaps add the Super Handling AWD to it :D

Si Comes with a sunroof.

TSX is a sweet car. IMO it would be nice to have a bit more power but really in that segment it is as fast as all of it's competitors. A4, 323i, IS250. People are just spoiled with power :) I bet if they shoved a V6 in the TSX it would ruin the almost perfect balance and feel (for a FWD) the car has now.

RWD thing I can't argue with though...

eur0
12-14-2006, 03:31 PM
This is a concept of the Accord, it looks rather stylish.

http://world.honda.com/news/2006/4061205AccordCoupe/photo/images/01.jpg

http://world.honda.com/news/2006/4061205AccordCoupe/

Speed_69
12-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
When I actually went in to look @ the 06 civic's a few months ago, the saleman told us that the RSX was out because they were moving up the civic, and filling that spor with the Fit.

I'll miss the RSX, but from what i've heard, no plans for any replacements. Just beefing up the current lineup (NSX added as well)
Actually with the new SAE rating standards, the 2006 RSX-S was only 201HP.

Lo)2enz0
12-14-2006, 05:34 PM
i hope the prelude comes back...its a humor for sure. no one has posted any sort of written proof yet.

rc2002
12-14-2006, 05:56 PM
There's been talk of that for years. But I don't see it happening because there's nowhere in the market for it. All the Accord coupe owners are basically the target Prelude market.

Dren
12-14-2006, 06:08 PM
maybe honda will bring the Civc Type R to Canada ?

http://www.carkeys.co.uk/images/cm_images/honda/civic/hnciv056.gif

http://www.carkeys.co.uk/images/cm_images/honda/civic/hnciv058.gif

http://www.carkeys.co.uk/images/cm_images/honda/civic/hnciv057.jpg

k98303
12-14-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Dren
maybe honda will bring the Civc Type R to Canada ?

http://www.carkeys.co.uk/images/cm_images/honda/civic/hnciv056.gif

http://www.carkeys.co.uk/images/cm_images/honda/civic/hnciv058.gif

http://www.carkeys.co.uk/images/cm_images/honda/civic/hnciv057.jpg

that would be the best news in my life...look at the interior...:drool:

waypastfast
12-14-2006, 06:16 PM
I also heard through an acura saleman that they may bring back the CRX!?!?! how sweet would that be.......

Dren
12-14-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by k98303

that would be the best news in my life...look at the interior...:drool:

YA !! i heard that the New Integra's (08) will look more like the GTI and the Civic -type R when they redesign the car. ah, but i just don'tt like the digital gauge..

Read this About the RSX:

"Although it has been a strong seller for Honda, the RSX does not fit within the confines of Acura's re-structured market strategy, formulated after the decision to take the Acura brand worldwide (previously, the Acura nameplate has appeared only in North America, elsewhere in the world the same models are sold as Hondas). With the introduction of the similarly powerful and less expensive 2006 model-year Honda Civic Si to the marketplace, the decision has been made to discontinue production of the RSX, with the final units slated to be built in summer 2006. Because of its lower pricing and longer list of available options, Honda considers the new Si to be a more viable choice for performance minded young men, who are the most common buyers of RSXs. Speculatory articles seem to indicate that a 2-door variant of this new TSX will replace the RSX as Acura's entry-level sports coupe, although it will be more luxurious, more expensive and more powerful than the RSX and will thus likely appeal to a different market segment. In Canada, the RSX was replaced by the related Acura CSX, which also replaced the EL."

arian_ma
12-14-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by nadroj23
Wow hate for the RSX? lol...From what ive heard they didnt want any 2dr's in the acura line up, besides the NSX...not sure if this is true. Ive heard the RSX being called the Ghetto look of acura.

But i have a question...how is it cheap and not worthy of the Acura badge?

NSX was cut last year my man.
:cry:

A2VR6
12-14-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

I agree with you here... it pissed me off when they announced the new SI about a year after I got my Type-S. Biggest thing I want in my car is a LSD...

in*10*se
12-14-2006, 08:19 PM
just waiting for my tsx type s 2dr coupe.... awd w/ an rdx engine

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

hahah same post as what i posted above... god i'm such a post whore.

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-14-2006, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by waypastfast
I also heard through an acura saleman that they may bring back the CRX!?!?! how sweet would that be.......

They've been saying that for like... 8 years.

4doorj
12-14-2006, 11:32 PM
i love the rsx!!!
i will miss it!
one day i will own another one

tentacles
12-14-2006, 11:36 PM
They've been saying that for like... 8 years.

http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/brandnewday/Pontiac-Aztek-2002.jpg

silver_gs-R
12-15-2006, 12:06 AM
some of the rumors i have heard, no idea if they are true or bullshit but here it is, a 2-door tsx (with rdx 2.3 turbo engine) is in the plans.

95EagleAWD
12-15-2006, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Acura officially has no coupe until new NSX bows in 08 (which I doubt most can afford).

There is no mention by Honda of when the NSX succesor (which the latest rumors have is going to be a front-engined Aston competitor) will come to light.

If it isn't MR, two seats, and at least 450bhp, I'd rather not see any other car carry the NSX badge.

EG_Civic
12-15-2006, 12:23 AM
bought the last type-s in western canada 3 months ago.. according to northwest acura.. hahah

and they said there making a 2 door tsx in 07 or 08

in*10*se
12-15-2006, 09:56 AM
^^ yeah i heard it from NW acura too, but for all i know, that's complete :bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit:

Supa Dexta
12-15-2006, 10:18 AM
http://world.honda.com/news/2006/4061129LAShowREMIX/

:dunno:

eur0
12-15-2006, 01:22 PM
If the remix is supposed to feel like a cockpit, where are the interior pictures? Not a big fan of the trunk hatch...

EG_Civic
12-30-2006, 11:19 AM
damn i saw a few orange type-s running around calgary saw 2 other ones plus mines but im not sure if the other two i saw were type-s or not

A2VR6
12-30-2006, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by EG_Civic
damn i saw a few orange type-s running around calgary saw 2 other ones plus mines but im not sure if the other two i saw were type-s or not

if it was white then it would be a Type-S for sure. White and Orange are Type-S only colors.

90Tegra
12-30-2006, 10:48 PM
honda is slowly moving away from the tuning seen, and trying to follow toyota by means of family well powered sedans. thier also making their cars uglier by the year too.