PDA

View Full Version : White Spot NE

cherpintow
12-14-2006, 07:08 PM
Mini rant on White Spot.

My dad came back from white spot Tuesday where he was eating dinner in the lounge. He realized the flames were playing but it wasn't on any of the tv screens. He asked the waitress if she could turn the game on, but she came back after talking to the manager and said that it was pay per view, so they couldn't show it!! How a place can be stingy enough to not spend $11.95 on a hockey game blows my mind. He ended up putting the pay per view cost on his own bill. Afterwards, my bro that works at shaw said White Spot gets deals from shaw so they have half price pay per views!! haha. Anyways, not sure where managers are getting their business degrees these days.

End Rant.

Black Gts
12-14-2006, 07:55 PM
I think you have to have a licsense for showing ppv.
I know thats how it is with boxing, and the ufc.

l8braker
12-14-2006, 07:56 PM
white spot = :drool:

RickDaTuner
12-14-2006, 07:58 PM
that place is chalk full of racist undertones... haha

88CRXGUY
12-14-2006, 08:05 PM
I didn't know that White Spot was even around anymore, I guess people don't realize their food sucks..

Supa Dexta
12-14-2006, 08:19 PM
that place came out of nowares.. We put in a bid for some work, then we turn around and its up open..

I was up to nisku today and seen a whitepot along the way somewares too.. perhaps leduc...

cherpintow
12-14-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Black Gts
I think you have to have a licsense for showing ppv.
I know thats how it is with boxing, and the ufc.

I don't think thats the case with hockey. They had no problems showing it after he foot the bill.

Speed_69
12-14-2006, 08:27 PM
So how's the food at this NE location? the one on barlow trail and 32 Ave correct? i've always wanted to try it out.

cressida_pimpin
12-14-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by cherpintow
Anyways, not sure where managers are getting their business degrees these days.

End Rant.

He's a manger of...White Spot. A degree isn't exactly a qualification of his job.

Milk2%
12-14-2006, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by cressida_pimpin

He's a manger of...White Spot. A degree isn't exactly a qualification of his job.

A full years of work and you probally get yourself a manager job as well. Its not hard at all to work your way up at a resturant job. To bad i have never even thought about stepping into a place like that.

Speed_69
12-14-2006, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Milk2%

A full years of work and you probally get yourself a manager job as well. Its not hard at all to work your way up at a resturant job. To bad i have never even thought about stepping into a place like that.
:werd: I worked at my place for about a year as a line cook and they offered me a manager position if i worked full-time. I said fuck that because theres no way i'm working full-time there and plus it's the worst management i've ever seen for any place i've worked at.

cherpintow
12-14-2006, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by cressida_pimpin

That explains it then, I've never worked in the restaurant industry, I guess anyone can be a manager.

Kaos
12-14-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
that place is chalk full of racist undertones... haha

Yeah, who the hell names their restaraunt, "White Spot"?
Gee, I should name my restaurant, "Chinkity China BIATCH"

J/k
Their food is gross.

Cruz
12-14-2006, 09:41 PM
In that case, I'll open up the Spic Spot. Has a nice ring to it.

RickDaTuner
12-14-2006, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Cruz
In that case, I'll open up the Spic Spot. Has a nice ring to it.

ju nough it esse, those locos be havin the best tortillas anyhwere:nut:

Cruz
12-14-2006, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner

ju nough it esse, those locos be havin the best tortillas anyhwere:nut:

Given your proficiency with the accent and the current labour shortage...

You want a job, homes?

RickDaTuner
12-14-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Cruz

Given your proficiency with the accent and the current labour shortage...

You want a job, homes?

dooood thats borderline.... and funny because i am Hispanic... hahah

to funnny

:rofl: :rofl:

Whitetiger
12-14-2006, 10:43 PM
Chickety China that Chinese Chicken... :rofl:

Originally posted by Kaos

Yeah, who the hell names their restaraunt, "White Spot"?
Gee, I should name my restaurant, "Chinkity China BIATCH"

J/k
Their food is gross.

Ajay
12-15-2006, 01:56 AM
It's interesting that they told your dad the game on Tuesday was PPV cause it wasn't.

The Tuesday, Dec 12 game was on Sportsnet so basically your dad got taken for another $11.95.

jamsandwich
12-15-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by 88CRXGUY
I didn't know that White Spot was even around anymore, I guess people don't realize their food sucks..

It's relatively "new" in Calgary. It's always been something of a phenomenon in B.C., though, where people seem to be White Spot zombies.

My mother-in-law likes it too. I don't know what the deal is. Last time I went was years ago in Kelowna and the food was pretty bad.

tirebob
12-15-2006, 06:09 PM
Triple O Burgers... Yuuummmmmm! :drool:

Tik-Tok
12-16-2006, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by jamsandwich

It's relatively "new" in Calgary. It's always been something of a phenomenon in B.C., though, where people seem to be White Spot zombies.

My mother-in-law likes it too. I don't know what the deal is. Last time I went was years ago in Kelowna and the food was pretty bad.

The BC whitespots are disgusting, ESPECIALLY that ferry food crap! However the one on Mcleod trail is pretty decent, it's much higherer end than I've seen in a whitespot before, maybe their trying to change their image? Compete with Earls, and the like?

BoS_DC2
12-16-2006, 09:38 AM
They have pretty bad steak.. Pretty bad.

Canmorite
12-16-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by l8braker
white spot = :drool:

Legendary/BC Burger FTW!

harv91
12-16-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Ajay
It's interesting that they told your dad the game on Tuesday was PPV cause it wasn't.

The Tuesday, Dec 12 game was on Sportsnet so basically your dad got taken for another $11.95.

:werd: The game on tuesday was on sportsnet. Seems as though your dad got conned out of 12$. The 12$ don't even really matter though its the principle of jackin people up for cable tv that pisses me off.:guns:

rm777
12-16-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by cherpintow
Mini rant on White Spot.

My dad came back from white spot Tuesday where he was eating dinner in the lounge. He realized the flames were playing but it wasn't on any of the tv screens. He asked the waitress if she could turn the game on, but she came back after talking to the manager and said that it was pay per view, so they couldn't show it!! How a place can be stingy enough to not spend $11.95 on a hockey game blows my mind. He ended up putting the pay per view cost on his own bill. Afterwards, my bro that works at shaw said White Spot gets deals from shaw so they have half price pay per views!! haha. Anyways, not sure where managers are getting their business degrees these days.

End Rant.

WRONG! It does not cost $11.95 for a bar/restaurant to show a game. First of all, you have to buy the whole package. This in turn costs $2200 for all PPV Flames games. As a result, this essentially provides a license to the establishment permitting them to show the game. If an establishment does show a game illegally, then they can be fined $10,000 for a first offense. This information was brought to you by "RESEARCH INC."

TomcoPDR
02-12-2017, 07:22 PM
The SE location still seems to be hanging on strong. (Macleod and 104 ave ish)

I remember when the location used to be a Burger King way way wayyyy back, not Speeddog days though.

Hostess was awesome and organized. Initially they got so busy that the waitering/waitress system left us ignored and alone. But the hostess was quick to the draw and noticed nobody was assigned to our table to immediately dealt with it.

I would say it's Denny's grade for food, service, environment. Didn't enjoy their poutine though, gravy was way too thick for my liking.

I actually miss the old Foody Goody that used to be within this strip mall, and the countless teenaged nights where supposedly the cool teens did donuts on the upper parkade level.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/01e824d1d5aa6b7bba0893875a95b553f47b20c6dc_zpsb3borkdl.jpg~original

G
02-12-2017, 10:49 PM
Those are moobs.

speedog
02-12-2017, 11:11 PM
The White Spot to me was the place on 16th Avenue NW with the weird acrylic encased wood slab tables and by the sound of things, it probably had much better food than the current White Spots do.

Btw, too many done up buttons.

BokCh0y
02-13-2017, 12:43 AM
I haven't been to whitespot since there were fabled tables hahaha

Tom never fails to deliver on boobs.

TomcoPDR
02-13-2017, 02:09 AM
I'd say moobs are just as squishy, but they definitely need to be kept under wraps 100%.

C_Dave45
02-13-2017, 09:24 AM
This was White Spot to me:

http://911107958.r.lightningbase-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/photo-21.jpg

As a kid I used to eat at the original drive-in White Spot as well as the very first location in South Vancouver. You would put your lights on to signal you needed service. (circa late 60's/early 70's)
I remember around the same time, Vancouver had a Junior A Hockey team called the "Vancouver Nats" (After Nat Bailey). I actually have a photo of me at one of their summer hockey schools wearing their jersey. Barry Smith (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=5022) was our instructor that summer.

And, btw, the legendary BC burger is still one of the best burgers around to this day. Triple "O" sauce... :drool:

sexualbanana
02-13-2017, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Speed_69

I said fuck that because theres no way i'm working full-time there and plus it's the worst management i've ever seen for any place i've worked at.

Wouldn't that explain why they were looking for a new manager?

Swank
02-13-2017, 12:12 PM
^Maybe things have changed in the 10+ years since he posted that

sexualbanana
02-13-2017, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Swank
^Maybe things have changed in the 10+ years since he posted that

Imagine what he could've fixed in that time frame had he taken the job.