PDA

View Full Version : Funny Flames broadcaster

87Supra
12-14-2006, 07:46 PM
Alright, goto calgaryflames.com, and then click "watch more flames tv>>>" and goto the nov. 14th game against st. louis. And the broadcaster gets a little overexcited, I think it is pretty funny!

Sorry if this is a little off topic, but I didnt know where else to post it!

Palmiros
12-14-2006, 08:01 PM
Even before watching this, I don't know if this will be as funny as the one game on TSN (against the Blackhawks), where the commentator kept calling Kiprussoff, "Khabibulin". He made all sorts of downright STUPID comments such as, "The Flames never lost a game when leading by one" (NO SHIT)
Even if, he was referring to never losing a game when leading by one, (you know what I mean), that would have been wrong, as they had just lost to Edmonton I believe, the night before, after leading.
Now, ill go watch it. :)

87Supra
12-15-2006, 05:21 PM
Yeah i dunno why, but I find it funny when you get "professionals" on TV (or radio) and they make asses of themselves.

SuPhistiKatEd
12-17-2006, 12:55 AM
This overexcited guy you speak of is Peter Maher, one of the greatest sportscasters of all time and a recent inductee of the Hockey Hall of Fame. Peter rocks!

If anything, pick on Roger Millions. :)

thinmyster
12-17-2006, 01:50 AM
i hate roger millions and that other goof that does the interviews on flames ppv. stands waaay to close to the interveiw-ee and burns holes through everything he looks at.. he also needs to shave that recening patch of hair on the top of his head. (sorry cant think of his name)

87Supra
12-17-2006, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by SuPhistiKatEd
This overexcited guy you speak of is Peter Maher, one of the greatest sportscasters of all time and a recent inductee of the Hockey Hall of Fame. Peter rocks!

If anything, pick on Roger Millions. :)

No that aint Peter Maher...I don't think. Later on it is, but I think there must have been a different guy filling in for him for the first period, because this was the game when peter marher and some other guy was at center ice at the begining of the game because of their induction into the hockey hall of fame.

I wouldn't laugh at Peter.

accordboi_02
12-18-2006, 11:23 AM
It was probably Rob Kerr - the guy who hosts Overtime after Flames games.

Nav13
12-18-2006, 12:58 PM
Hahah when hes like "OH, he shot right through his nose!!" he kinda of sounded like Gilbert Gottfried.

cherpintow
12-18-2006, 01:18 PM
"this isn't dancing with the stars"

haha, this dude is borderline insane

Nissanaddict
12-18-2006, 04:08 PM
Yeah that was Rob Kerr. He did the first part of the game before Maher made his way back upstairs. The Fan 960 had a little montage for 2023 or some year in the future when Rob Kerr gets inducted into the hockey hall of fame. They said "remember these great moments from his play-by-play career" and they play a bunch of clips. It's hilarious. "DAYMOND LANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG-COW!!!"

87Supra
12-30-2006, 09:36 PM
bump

Nissanaddict
12-30-2006, 09:47 PM
Ummm...what's the reasoning behind bumping this thread?