PDA

View Full Version : Shaw Vs Telus for phone/internet/tv

5hift
12-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Right now I'm trying to get going on a phone/internet/tv package from either Shaw or Telus and I'd appriciate any advice or info you guys have.

Currently I have:
1) Shaw SoHo for internet (small office/home office)
2) Basic Full Cable Package for tv
3) Basic Telus home phone

I pretty much want to stay with what I have, with the exception of wanting a basic digital cable box and the full digital cable package. My thinking is if I switch to digital cable, and digital phone with Shaw at the same time, Shaw will give me all 3 (phone/internet/tv) in some sort of package deal. I was also thinking that if I call Shaw threating to cancel and go fully over to Telus, that they would give me some sort of retention deal they wouldnt advertise( like Rogers and Telus do when they fight over cell phone customers).

I know theres a few employees of Shaw and Telus on here so if anyone has any info they could add that would be great.

GoChris
12-15-2006, 09:56 PM
telus sucks....nuff said

what if you threaten to leave and they dont give you any special deal...i'd stick with shaw, get the bundle and be happy

REFLUX
12-17-2006, 12:43 PM
+1 for Shaw
Phone, Internet, TV.

Great long distance plan
Faster internet (basic cable)
Better TV user interface than Bell (very basic TV user here)

Mibz
12-17-2006, 01:08 PM
I have the full Shaw bundle. Not sure what to think. I don't use all the extra features with Shaw Home Phone so I'm thinking of cancelling it. Their internet is second to none but I wish I could switch to Bell for TV.

That said, Telus TV is nothing short of retarded. From what I know it uses your internet bandwidth so if you do a lot of P2P you won't be able to watch TV without shutting it (Torrent/IRC) down. Shaw's internet is also cheaper and comes with more, for less money than Telus's.

If you feel like trying to choke something out of Shaw, go for it. But if they don't and you actually DO switch, they'll be the ones laughing.

Unknown303
12-17-2006, 07:49 PM
I have shaw phone, internet and cable and i couldn't be happier. I hate telus after they kept screwing with the rates they charged me so Shaw came to my rescue.

GoChris
12-17-2006, 07:56 PM
although i gotta say, I'm thinking of switching to BEV for tv to get a better and hopefully more bug free receiver, with more HD channels.

FiveFreshFish
12-17-2006, 10:11 PM
I have two Shaw phone lines in my house. The second line is $25 per month and includes every feature of the primary line except the long distance minutes.

The other Shaw services I have are basic digital cable and internet.

Telus Mobility is the only service I have with Telus.