PDA

View Full Version : Banff

koopkoop2
12-16-2006, 01:16 PM
Heading out to Banff with my GF and I'm looking for a good place to eat. Looking for a place that's Joey Tomato's quality and above. I'd also consider a fancier meal if it's worth it (Not overhyped glitz - like I know some places can be). Please post up anything good.

Vietsta
12-16-2006, 01:18 PM
when your in banff, take your girlfriend up on the gondola. i took my gf and she started crying cause the wind was blowing it. but its well worth it. i ate at some mexican place there, i thought it was pretty good. i forgot the name sorry

Hydr0nik
12-16-2006, 01:25 PM
Grizzly House on Main St is one of the best in banff. I pretty much grew up there as my granpa ran the Banff Springs so I ate alot there. The Banff Springs has a good place to eat but make reservations. but the fondue at grizzly house is bad ass (elk, deer, bison, wild game) not over priced for what you get. Good dining exp, takes a little time but thats more time to drink a bottle of good wine.

And there is a steak place as you come in on main street I forgot what its called on right hand side of main right by the first petro-can or shell i cant remember first major station on right hand side by some little hotel you see. Its ok kinda like keg but food is better...

koopkoop2
12-16-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Hydr0nik
Grizzly House on Main St is one of the best in banff. I pretty much grew up there as my granpa ran the Banff Springs so I ate alot there. The Banff Springs has a good place to eat but make reservations. but the fondue at grizzly house is bad ass (elk, deer, bison, wild game) not over priced for what you get. Good dining exp, takes a little time but thats more time to drink a bottle of good wine.

And there is a steak place as you come in on main street I forgot what its called on right hand side of main right by the first petro-can or shell i cant remember first major station on right hand side by some little hotel you see. Its ok kinda like keg but food is better...

Thanks. I've heard a lot about this place, unfortunately, me and my GF aren't big fans of cheese. Any other good places for a nice steak?

koopkoop2
12-16-2006, 01:38 PM
Here's a cut and paste from a website I found. Which ones are good, besides the already recommended Grizzly:

The Banff Keg
Two locations - Banff Caribou Lodge and 117 Banff Ave downtown
(403) 762-4442 or (403) 760-3030 (downtown)

Friendly staff and lots of great food to choose from. Traditional chicken, steak and burger restaurant with a flair for the extraordinary and a taste of California.

Reservations appreciated | Open daily from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm

The Bistro
229 Bear Street
(403) 762-8900

Affiliated with the internationally noted Restaurant Le Beaujolais, this more casual, cozy spot is open daily for lunch and dinner. We take pride in our affordable menu offerings and our extensive, reasonably priced wine list with most wines available by the glass. Lunch entrees from $6.50. Dinner entrees from $10.00. Recommended by "Where to eat in Canada".

Reservations appreciated | Visa, MC, Amex

Bumper's Beef House
603 Banff Avenue
(403) 762-2622

"If you haven’t been to Bumpers, you haven’t been to Banff" is the motto of this popular family restaurant - a Banff tradition since 1975. Fun, efficient service and good value complement the Alberta beef specialties and all-you-can-eat salad bar. Prime rib, steaks and baby back ribs are house favourites. The Loft Lounge is a favourite local watering hole featuring pub game. Entrees are $8-$19.

Open daily from 4:30 pm | Amex, MC, Visa

Caboose Steak & Lobster
Junction of Elk and Lynx Streets
(403) 762-3622 or 762-2102

Dining at the "Railroad Station", presenting a choice of lobster, crab, charbroiled steaks, or Alberta prime rib, accompanied by a cart brimming with fresh vegetables. Dinner for two with wine $35 - $50. Lounge is adjacent to the restaurant.

Major credit cards | Open daily at 5:00 pm. | Fully Licensed | CAA - AMA - AAA

Earl's
229 Banff Avenue, Upstairs
(403) 762-4414

Bright, loud and friendly. Extensive fresh food menu which draws from Canadian, Mexican, Cajun and Oriental backgrounds. Daily specials and consistent quality assures your satisfaction.

Open everyday from 11:30 am to midnight

Grizzly House Fondue Dining
207 Banff Avenue
(403) 762-4055

For lovers and hedonists. A choice of fourteen fondues including Bourguignonne, Neuchatel, Seafood, Oriental, Buffalo, Chocolate, Venison, Lobster, Prawns, Mushroom & Rattlesnake. Dinner from $18.95 - $32.95.

Seating daily 11:30 am - 12 pm | Reservations appreciated

Hard Rock Cafe
137 Banff Avenue
(403) 760-2347

Classic burgers and grub in a rock and roll atmosphere. Family style restaurant with friendly service and great food.

Lounge downstairs, restaurant upstairs

Melissa’s Restaurant, Bar & Patio
Corner of Lynx and Caribou Streets
(403) 762-5511

Enjoy a taste of the real Banff in our delightful and unique building that has been a landmark here since 1928. It's part of the Banff tradition to dine with us and enjoy the warmth and flavour of the Rockies. We take great pride in preparing meals and appetizers for appetites of all sizes.

Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner

Paris' Restaurant
114 Banff Avenue
(403) 762-3554

Great Steaks, Seafood & Schnitzel at reasonable prices await you at this Euro-Canadian decorated restaurant. Established in 1903 by the Paris family and carried on since 1963 by the Treutler family. This is Banff’s oldest family eating establishment, and for good reason!

Reservations welcome | Major credit cards accepted

Rose & Crown
202 Banff Avenue
(403) 762-2121

Enjoy traditional English fare indoors or on the summer patio. Well known for fish & chips and shepherd's pie, and offering the usual pub grub like burgers and fries.

Amex, MC, Visa | Nightly entertainment and drinking

Wild Bill's Legendary Saloon
201 Banff Avenue
(403) 762-0333

So you've finished bustin' a couple broncs and branded a couple hundred head of heifers - now its chow time. The grub is grilled and there's a lot of it. Chicken and rib combo rules the west.

Amex, MC, Visa | Country Western dancing at night

Family Restaurants | Ethnic Foods | Fine Dining | Continental | Cafes & Delis
Banff National Park | Canadian Rockies Net

Hydr0nik
12-16-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by koopkoop2
Here's a cut and paste from a website I found. Which ones are good, besides the already recommended Grizzly:

Bumper's Beef House
603 Banff Avenue
(403) 762-2622

"If you haven’t been to Bumpers, you haven’t been to Banff" is the motto of this popular family restaurant - a Banff tradition since 1975. Fun, efficient service and good value complement the Alberta beef specialties and all-you-can-eat salad bar. Prime rib, steaks and baby back ribs are house favourites. The Loft Lounge is a favourite local watering hole featuring pub game. Entrees are $8-$19.

Net
Thats the place im thinkin about not bad kinda home cooked though not a classy meal...

Canmorite
12-16-2006, 02:53 PM
^First and last time I went to Bumper's, I had uncooked chicken and my familly's food was the same.

If you like Italian Food, go to Giorgio's.

219 Banff Ave
Banff
403-762-5114

I used to live in Banff so i've been to almost every restaurant...

jus_sum_guy
12-16-2006, 06:03 PM
Magpie & Stump

sullygully
12-16-2006, 06:42 PM
If you want to really narrow it down to your tastes, then check out www.taximike.com Mike is a good friend of mine, I agree with most of what he has listed. He has everything catagorized to make your decisions a lot easier.

spyce
12-18-2006, 01:39 AM
I would say the Grizzly House. Went there for an anniversary with an ex girlfriend. Went with the steak fondue and it was pretty good. You should have the Toblerone fondue after for dessert too!

Impreza
12-18-2006, 01:49 AM
Why not goto Banff Springs Hotel?

Grizzly House is overrated IMO.

chris
12-18-2006, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Hydr0nik

it's called the saltlik. Lebeaujolais is really really good

SneakyNeek
12-18-2006, 06:21 PM
++++1 Magpie & Stump

that place is wicked. specially if you like spicy food haha

Loud-N-Clear
12-18-2006, 06:25 PM
I dunno if you're interested in Earls, but I was at the one in Banff with my girlfriend 2 weeks ago and the service there was better than any Earls I've ever been to.

ronaldo
12-18-2006, 06:36 PM
if your in the mood for chinese food they have silver dragon. amazing food and very fairly priced.

01RedDX
12-18-2006, 11:49 PM

Whitetiger
12-18-2006, 11:58 PM
What about the buffett in Kawnaski (spelling)

misty
12-19-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by koopkoop2

Thanks. I've heard a lot about this place, unfortunately, me and my GF aren't big fans of cheese. Any other good places for a nice steak?

You don't have to have cheese fondue

sullygully
12-20-2006, 10:10 PM
Don't go to grizzly house. That place is a greasey dump. I ate there once because there lunch fondue is pretty cheap, but like they say, you get what you pay for.

If you want to eat great swiss food, then do it right and go to Ticino's. Or for a little more you can go to the Waldaus Restaurant, below the banff springs hotel. A++++