PDA

View Full Version : How are Eurolight bulbs

grandam
12-16-2006, 07:31 PM
I was just wondering if Eurolite bulbs are any good and if so how bright are they.

ryder_23
12-16-2006, 07:32 PM
crap, burn out fast, your better off with oem IMO

save your money for your next car man....

rc2002
12-16-2006, 07:36 PM
I think they actually have less light output than stock. They're garbage.

I would just go to crappy tire and buy one for $4.

harv91
12-16-2006, 07:48 PM
i bough eurolight bulbs for my car. They burnt out in about 2 months. I'd say pay the price and buy the better ones.

grandam
12-16-2006, 07:54 PM
ok I use Sivania Siverstars now are those better

ryder_23
12-16-2006, 07:56 PM
No, those are garbage as well. Anything with a blue tint or tint of any matter over the lense will make it die out quicker

grandam
12-16-2006, 07:58 PM
What is a good replacment bulb than

soupey
12-16-2006, 07:59 PM
^its not really teh blue tint that makes it burn out faster...its the fact that most of em are higher wattage than OEM bulbs - and above that they use the blue coating to filter out yellow light to make it appear white/blue.

they dont give as much light output as regular bulbs, the best bulbs ive used that arent HID's were made by philips.

ryder_23
12-16-2006, 08:00 PM
Like said, just basic halogens. probably 7.99$ each

dj_rice
12-16-2006, 08:51 PM
This sounds like a question best answered by GTS Jeff

likwid
12-16-2006, 09:11 PM
I got some EuroDesignz bulbs off eBay for cheap, they are tinted blue and have lasted over a year now.

Slashin_
12-16-2006, 09:24 PM
clean bulb before installing helps....any oil on bulb make it burn out fast...sometimes even explodes......

GTS Jeff
12-16-2006, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by soupey
^its not really teh blue tint that makes it burn out faster...its the fact that most of em are higher wattage than OEM bulbs - and above that they use the blue coating to filter out yellow light to make it appear white/blue.

they dont give as much light output as regular bulbs, the best bulbs ive used that arent HID's were made by philips.

Not entirely true. Silverstar bulbs are stock wattage, but they burn out fast because the blue coating sucks up so much light that Sylvania has to force more light out of the filament to at least bring the output back to stock. They do this by using filaments designed for lower than 12V, so when you feed 12V through it, it overdrives the filament, making it burn brighter, but also decreasing its life. The only Silverstars that this doesn't apply to are Silverstar sealed beams, which actually bump the wattage up to 65w, but those are crap anyways, so who cares about them.

Clear glass bulbs are the way to go: Sylvania XtraVision, GE Nighthawk, and Philips Vision Plus come to mind. Or if you tell me what size bulb you are looking for, I might be able to recommend you some more exotic bulbs.

dj_rice
12-17-2006, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice
This sounds like a question best answered by GTS Jeff

Originally posted by GTS Jeff

Not entirely true. Silverstar bulbs are stock wattage, but they burn out fast because the blue coating sucks up so much light that Sylvania has to force more light out of the filament to at least bring the output back to stock. They do this by using filaments designed for lower than 12V, so when you feed 12V through it, it overdrives the filament, making it burn brighter, but also decreasing its life. The only Silverstars that this doesn't apply to are Silverstar sealed beams, which actually bump the wattage up to 65w, but those are crap anyways, so who cares about them.

Clear glass bulbs are the way to go: Sylvania XtraVision, GE Nighthawk, and Philips Vision Plus come to mind. Or if you tell me what size bulb you are looking for, I might be able to recommend you some more exotic bulbs.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Whatd I tell ya :thumbsup: GTS Jeff :thumbsup: