PDA

View Full Version : Reporting bad drivers online

barbarian
12-17-2006, 01:32 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=2669619&page=1
Nov. 21, 2006 — If some idiot cuts you off in traffic, you know exactly what to do — make an obscene gesture, right?

Two young entrepreneurs from suburban Washington had bigger ideas. They set up a Web site, www.platewire.com, where you can vent your spleen to the whole world.

Just log in, post the license plate of the offender, and you get to call him or her a p—. Or an a—. Or perhaps a f—.

If the site grows large enough, they hope, it will help to shame reckless drivers into driving more politely. ""

... continued at the link above.

So, good idea or bad?

SilverBoost
12-17-2006, 01:49 PM
We already have that, it's called Beyond Bitch Threads. :D

And in calgary, there'd exceed their monthly bandwidth limits too often with all the reports.

Sprinter
12-17-2006, 02:02 PM
Rofl... dunno if people would like their liscence plates up on website, regardless of whether they are @$$hole driver or not. (I know I've done stupid S*** myself :( )

GTS Jeff
12-17-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Sprinter
Rofl... dunno if people would like their liscence plates up on website, regardless of whether they are @$$hole driver or not. (I know I've done stupid S*** myself :( ) Sigh, the license plate thing again...

Why do people think plate numbers are some sort of personal and private ordeal when they are mounted on a car, driven on public roadways, clearly visible for all to see anyway?

rc2002
12-17-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by SilverBoost
And in calgary, there'd exceed their monthly bandwidth limits too often with all the reports.

:werd: You just have to accept it. There's too many cars and not enough roads, it's inevitable.

Tik-Tok
12-17-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

Why do people think plate numbers are some sort of personal and private ordeal when they are mounted on a car, driven on public roadways, clearly visible for all to see anyway?

Why do people think their house adress or phone # is some sort of personal and private ordeal, when they are available for the general public to find?

ercchry
12-17-2006, 03:22 PM
they also have a canadian version http://canada.platewire.com/

CRXguy
12-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
they also have a canadian version http://canada.platewire.com/

Sweet.

I'm gonna be sending "winks" to all the hot girls now!! :bigpimp: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

scat19
12-17-2006, 04:26 PM
Interesting wonder if people actually use it

ercchry
12-17-2006, 04:32 PM
haha i like this one

Make: Nissan Model: Sentra
Color: light blue
Description:
This isn't so much to report a bad driver as it is to warn everyone to stay out of the way of my car! it's main rule of the road! STAY OUT OF MY FRIGGIN WAY! LMAO! Look: If you are the sort who takes 5 minutes to decide which box of salt to purchase at the grocery store while your cart is parked perpendicular in the aisle, you have no business driving a motor vehicle. Keep it in the garage and you and I will have no problems. Cheers!

SilverBoost
12-17-2006, 07:57 PM
^^^^
golden.

:D

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-17-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

Sweet.

I'm gonna be sending "winks" to all the hot girls now!! :bigpimp: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

How do you know they'll even look at it? :rofl:

Tik-Tok
12-17-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

How do you know they'll even look at it? :rofl:

About the same hope as those "I saw you" ads in free classifieds :nut:

msommers
12-17-2006, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Why do people think their house adress or phone # is some sort of personal and private ordeal, when they are available for the general public to find?

Yeah but is it possible for someone to identify your permanent address via a license plate unless you work at the registry, in which they have all that information anyways?

If this was the case, I think we'd see a lot more assault charges because some road rager would look up your house address and boot stomp you.