PDA

View Full Version : Alberta OOP inspection

doc_speeder
12-17-2006, 05:42 PM
I'm asking this on here because I know more than one person on this board must have come from Saskatchewan...
I may be moving from Regina to Lethbridge in a year or so for family reasons. How big a deal is the out of province vehicle inspection? My MK2 Jetta 16v sits pretty low on coilovers, has no cat and will have an aftermarket EMS pretty soon. Anything I should expect problems with as far as inspection goes? Mechanicals, body, suspension, steering are all solid, as I wouldn't have it any other way.

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-17-2006, 06:06 PM
cat is fine, for now... coilovers may cause a problem, all depends on the shop. Some won't pass anything aftermarket, some will, and there's the shady ones that will pass anything.

If you say everything is fine, then I wouldn't worry about it too much, not to mention that you do have i think 3 months before you have to change plates and such. More if your a student.

Jynx
12-17-2006, 08:26 PM
It all depends where you take the car to. Some shops are so anal about each and every thing while others are so leniant that as long as the car runs they will probably pass it.