PDA

View Full Version : NHL 3rd jerseys

FiveFreshFish
12-17-2006, 08:33 PM
I watched a few televised games and caught the odd highlight this year but I haven't see the third jersey being worn by any team.

Are the third jerseys being used only on special occasions now?

spyce
12-17-2006, 08:41 PM
I think they're phasing out the 3rd jerseys. I dont even think we wear ours anymore

95EagleAWD
12-17-2006, 08:43 PM
We wore ours against Minnesota when I was there last week

Oilers are wearing them for 9 games this year I think.

FiveFreshFish
12-17-2006, 08:56 PM
I just noticed the Flames third jersey isn't sold online anymore. Strange that even the red home jersey isn't there.

http://shop.nhl.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=1920616&cp=1920291&view=all

sCream
12-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Well its rumored (im not sure if its for sure yet) that next year will be the year that they introduce the new fitted jerseys, so that could be a reason. There is some unveiling at the all star game, but that might just be the new fitted all star jerseys and not team jerseys.

eb0i
12-17-2006, 09:50 PM
I don't think the Flames have worn theirs this year yet.

But I know Buffalo has been wearing theres a few times already, and I have seen the Oilers with them on as well. Oh the Canucks where theirs too.

Mikey_008
12-17-2006, 09:55 PM
Some teams where there retro style jersey as their third jerseys. (ie:Canucks, and Sabres)

I think the Flames should wear there retro Red jerseys for some of there home games! It'll look sweet!:thumbsup:

SuPhistiKatEd
12-17-2006, 10:05 PM
Habs wear theirs often as well.

I'm not sure why teams aren't wearing theirs as much anymore. Maybe, like somebody mentioned, they're making way for the new fitted jerseys. I think most teams are completely revamping their logos/colors when the time comes. (Rumor has it that the flames will be unveiling a Black/White/Silver jersey.)

I think there was a schedule somewhere as to when the Flames will wear their third jerseys.

slick2404
01-08-2007, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by eb0i
I don't think the Flames have worn theirs this year yet.

But I know Buffalo has been wearing theres a few times already, and I have seen the Oilers with them on as well. Oh the Canucks where theirs too.

Yeah i heard about this too. fitted jerseys like the team canada ones out now...i'm definitly not a fan.

Rocky
01-08-2007, 02:16 AM
Fitted jersyes seem kind of excessive to me. They take away a real classic/traditional look of hockey. But I guess you have to evolve with the times =\

But yeah, I didn't really like the ol black third jersey, but I kind of miss seeing it from time to time.

aznlee
01-08-2007, 02:28 AM
the flames retired their 3rd jersey this year, that is why they are not wearing it

HybridTheory
01-08-2007, 01:58 PM
I was never a big fan of the 3rd jersey. And I'm not sure about the whole fitted look for the new jerseys. I like the way our current red jersey is.

Kirbs17
01-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by sCream
Well its rumored (im not sure if its for sure yet) that next year will be the year that they introduce the new fitted jerseys, so that could be a reason. There is some unveiling at the all star game, but that might just be the new fitted all star jerseys and not team jerseys.

Originally posted by slick2404

Yeah i heard about this too. fitted jerseys like the team canada ones out now...i'm definitly not a fan.

Yup, the new jersey style will be unvieled at the All Star game.

SuPhistiKatEd
01-08-2007, 11:20 PM
What's wrong with the jerseys they wear now? All this jib-jab about restriction and making the game more exciting...as far as I'm concerned, there is no problem with the current setup. The players hate the idea, as do many other fans...me included. Fuck, may as well make them wear tights for God's sake.

This New NHL thing is getting a little out of hand I think. Bigger nets you say? Hah! I can see it now...."The Flames doubled up on the Oilers, 50-25." It's hockey, not soccer or football FFS.

Note to Bettman....Keep things the way they are and get bent you dusty old fart.