PDA

View Full Version : Question for all you guys with rhd cars.

Audio_Rookie
12-18-2006, 01:08 AM
I am considering importing a car in....a 92 rx7 more specifically.

I am not concerned about shifting with my left hand as I am sure that will come naturally.

Do you guys find it annoying when your trying to pass someone on highway or make left hand turns? Can you see any traffic coming or do you wait till the light turns yellow?

I think that might get annoying not ever being able to pass someone on the highway and waiting at the light forever to turn left.

Seems a rhd 92 rx7 is about 10k cheaper than a lhd 92 rx7 lol.

Eric G.

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-18-2006, 01:11 AM
RHD is easy... there are minor difficulties, but if you play it safe, you have no worries. Plus if you have a passenger that will make it easier anyways.

Biggest issue is the apparent problem with the 92 wiring. But that's more car specific than RHD

-KiTtY- boo
12-18-2006, 01:46 AM
do a search, this topic has been covered, took me a couple of secs to find these two topics and there is many more

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=121136&highlight=RHD

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=139226&highlight=RHD

RHD is easy and there are a few tricks that you will learn after drving if for a while for making turns easier for you.
I wouldnt say turning left is hard, its prolly the same for LHD.

Sorath
12-18-2006, 01:52 AM
rhd is gay, dont get it, its gay

v2kai
12-18-2006, 02:18 AM
the more important question is how do you go through drive-through!?:nut:

thinmyster
12-18-2006, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Sorath
rhd is gay, dont get it, its gay

couldnt have said it better

Envitro
12-18-2006, 02:36 AM
Well you two are obviously gay by just talking about it then...
:thumbsup:

I love it when people render an opinion on shit that they know nothing about.:banghead:

Lo)2enz0
12-18-2006, 03:26 AM
they actually both drive rhd cars

lol

really most people who voice there opinions and say that it sucks have never driven a rhd car. really its niothing special, and as long as your not one of those fags that rolls up besides cars and makes an ass of yourself because your car is rhd, its cool. or giving the rhd stare down, god some people are idiots

Slashin_
12-18-2006, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by v2kai
the more important question is how do you go through drive-through!?:nut:

reversing skills....

Whitetiger
12-18-2006, 04:03 AM
lol

Originally posted by Slashin_

reversing skills....

Sorath
12-18-2006, 09:46 AM
ive done that actually lmao, or just go to peters' left side window

canadianskyline
12-18-2006, 11:53 AM
Yeah, as far as rhd, if you hate actually driving with it, then you're a friggen pussy (grow some balls and quit being a Nancy boy). It's not bad at all, passing on the highway is easy even by yourself, you just have to hang back a little bit and just start to poke out, if someone's there then just pop back in. My car's fast enough it takes about 1 second to get by someone so hanging back a little further isnt gonna matter.

Now, if you hate it because of all the loser fanboys who buy rhd just because the car is rhd....then you're cool.....

Personally, I fuckin hate rhd just because it's a huge bandwagon that everyone seems to be jumping on....ricers included....

Audio_Rookie
12-18-2006, 01:35 PM
The only reason I would get this rhd car is because its cheaper than any lhd car I could get here or in the states. I don't think its any more or less cool, just more cost effective for basically the same car.

I am not even a big fan of the rotary lol. I will drive the piss out of it till it blows because my buddy in Leduc is holding a ls1 and 6 speed trans I pulled from a 98 camaro a month ago. That or I will pull the stock engine and trans and try and sell it to fund the ls1 swap.

In any case..looks like im gonna be working alot more hours to get some $$$ to get this going.

Thanks for responses.

lilmira
12-18-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Slashin_

reversing skills....

Or long reach.

canadianskyline
12-18-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by lilmira

Or long reach.

Yeah, I've always just leaned over before, but now that I've got a bucket seat and my steering wheel is spaced out like a foot, I think ill just park it and walk inside from now on.....lol.

Audio, yeah, im not saying you shouldnt get it, it was more of a general thing, I know you're not a jdm drifter fanboy.......:thumbsup: Do it up, i want to see an ls1 fd, id love to build one of those with a snail on it....:drool:

tentacles
12-18-2006, 01:57 PM
TT LS1 FD is my dream car! :love:

http://www.hinsonsupercars.com/Images/DragWeekHome.JPG
http://www.hinsonsupercars.com/Images/imgTTRX7.png Needs a big wing on the back though. :bigpimp:

rc2002
12-18-2006, 02:11 PM
You have to consider resale value too. Resale is the pits for RHD cars. When Skyline GTR's first came out they went for around 30k and now they're half that.

lilmira
12-18-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by tentacles
TT LS1 FD is my dream car! :love:

http://www.hinsonsupercars.com/Images/DragWeekHome.JPG
http://www.hinsonsupercars.com/Images/imgTTRX7.png Needs a big wing on the back though. :bigpimp:

8.22 with a trailer in the back. :eek:

Audio_Rookie
12-18-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
You have to consider resale value too. Resale is the pits for RHD cars. When Skyline GTR's first came out they went for around 30k and now they're half that.

Resale value is not something I am to worried about. It will be a project car and I would probably keep playing with it for 5+ years anyways. I will be investing over 10k when its all done so resale is not something I would have to look forward to any car.

Ironically I see skyline GTR's on J-specs website for 15k landed everywhere...some less....and some very modded ones for around 20k.

But a 92 rx7 in good shape with no special engine mods goes for around 10k...spend another 10k on doing the swap and some nitrous....should be pretty fun.

Maybe go turbo in a couple years.

canadianskyline
12-18-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

Regular GTR's never went for 30G's if you weren't getting owned by the seller. When they first came out 22K ish was going rate for a nice one with low km. You still have to pay 18 if you want a very nice one, while not as nice examples can be had for around 12.

You also have to keep in mind that the cars were more expensive in Japan back then too. A lot of it had to do with Australia competing with us for bidding on the cars, when that went away, all the prices dropped, but now because of roro delays, the necessity of doing container, shipping prices going up, the cost of importing is higher than it ever was.....this should make landed cars worth more money. Also, in 3 years, cars depreciate a lot, and any car that's more than 15 years old in japan start to depreciate fast, they just dont want to deal with expensive inspections every couple years.