PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Help needed. Must Read Story.

EnRich
12-18-2006, 10:35 AM
So get this.
I'm driving home on Heritage, about to merge onto Blackfoot at about 5:30 Sat night... There were three cars, an SUV in the front, a z24 in the middle, than me. All three of us are merging. So as the SUV is about to merge I check to see if the merging lane is free and clear. It is, and the SUV goes through without a problem. The z24 in front of me is in the process of merging, the lanes are still free. She goes to merge, is in the process of merging, her car is now on Blackfoot (at this time I re-check to make sure I'm still clear, and I am, there are no cars to have entered the lane since the SUV had merged) in that split second I check, the z24 in front of me suddenly breaks to come to a full stop. Bam. I run into her. YOU FUCKING BITCH!

I get out of my car calmly, and tell this old woman, who cant speak english to move her car off the road, and let other ppl merge properly onto Blackfoot. She doesn't understand. I point to her car and point to the side of the grass. I get in my car to give her the example. Get this... She gets into her car and moves it no more then a meter away, then gets out. I'm like omfg, and actually laugh at my misfurtune. I get out and tell her, move your car, onto the grass, and point behind me, and tell her to look at what she's causing to traffic. She says, I'm calling the police, we have to wait for the police. I'm like omfg, ok can you please move your car so we can wait for them to come on the side of the road where its safe. She moves the car. I ask for her insurance information, she says no, and that she called her daughter to help her. I'm like, I need your info, we need to exchange our info. She says no. So I call the cops, maybe they can talk some sense into her. I pass her my cell phone, as they proceed to tell her that she needs to exchange her info with me and that there would be no police unit coming out, she still refuses to give it to me. So I'm sitting there, in awe listening to this stupid woman go off on me, and about her daughter coming down. Finally I'm like OK, but I dont have all night, your daughter needs to be here soon. When her daughter finally arrives, the old women goes off, in her language, which just happens to be Czech, which I can understand fluently. lol... her naughter simply comes up to me and says, "OK, lets exchange info, whats the problem?" I'm like, there is no problem, I've been telling your mom to exchange info for the last 30 min. Her mom then yells at me, "you give us your info!!!" I'm like... ok... here it is. Can I have yours please? So we exchange, they go down to the police department and write up there report.

My question to my fellow beyonders. Do I have something here, can I fight this, is it worth my time to goto court? I have no problem taking this to court, cause I think I do have something.

Now I know that whenever you run into someone, regardless of the situation, your at full fault. What happens in this case though?

Secondly. As I'm sure she's going to want to go through insurance, anyone heard bad things about Coach Works? That's where I'm thinking to take my car, unless I can get out with a 50/50 fault which means I'll take the car to another shop I have in mind. HELP ME BEYOND!

SneakyNeek
12-18-2006, 10:39 AM
the police will just tell you you're following too close...

soupey
12-18-2006, 10:41 AM
without a witness its tough to prove that she jammed on her brakes to make u rear end her, did u take pics? are there any skid marks from her braking hard?, the most u'll get is a 50/50 unless theres a witness that can back up your end of the story.

pyar_deewane
12-18-2006, 10:43 AM
so how come u didnt jus speak czech with the mom if you could understand it fluently, maybe she coulda been nice to you:burnout:

EnRich
12-18-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by pyar_deewane
so how come u didnt jus speak czech with the mom if you could understand it fluently, maybe she coulda been nice to you:burnout:

I asked her from the very beginning where her accent was from cause I recognized it, she simply said wtf does it matter? and went to sit down in her car... She wasnt a nice person. She just wanted to yell. There's no skid marks because we were all going slow. like no more then 20km. She was a slow merger, but to suddenly break on me... FUCK!

khtm
12-18-2006, 10:55 AM
Sigh...sucks to hear dude. Women + "fear of driving" is always bad news.

But the shitty thing is you're still at fault.

Evo prec
12-18-2006, 10:58 AM
same thing happened to me cant do anything about it. Just be thankful a cop didnt show up because if he did he would have gave you a ticket for follwing to close.

85regal
12-18-2006, 11:10 AM
that situation really sucks..but you will end up at fault, and if you do go through insurance it will be an at fault accident for you.

hoamic11
12-18-2006, 11:20 AM
how bad is teh damage?

Cruz
12-18-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Evo prec
same thing happened to me cant do anything about it. Just be thankful a cop didnt show up because if he did he would have gave you a ticket for follwing to close.

Exactly. You saved yourself a ticket which is the only good side of this equation.

Unfortunately, as mentioned, you WERE following too close (according to the law, and regardless of the actions of the idiot in front of you).

hussein
12-18-2006, 11:24 AM
Hopefully she doesn't get any neck injuries!! :guns:

lilmira
12-18-2006, 11:25 AM
That really sucks especially during this time of the year.

So basically she panicked and stopped, you couldn't stop either you were following too close or you were looking at your mirror or shoulder checking. Right?

You don't have much to fight without witness. It's hard to fight even with witness.

My dad taught me long time ago that I should always watch for the fockers in front (ok he didn't say fockers) when switching lane as they may stop or slow down for whatever reason.

Another thing I learned is that you'll notice if there is any panic driver around you if you pay attention. If there is one, be careful, they tend to do wonderful things.

Weapon_R
12-18-2006, 12:06 PM
*sigh*

You hit her from behind. Even if she slammed her brakes on deerfoot trail at 4am with no one around you guys, you'd be at fault.

Masked Bandit
12-18-2006, 12:39 PM
Unfortunately you are screwed. You are 100% at-fault. For what it's worth I think Coach Works does decent work.

_wrx_
12-18-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by EnRich

I asked her from the very beginning where her accent was from cause I recognized it, she simply said wtf does it matter? and went to sit down in her car... She wasnt a nice person. She just wanted to yell. There's no skid marks because we were all going slow. like no more then 20km. She was a slow merger, but to suddenly break on me... FUCK!

sorry to say this exact same thing happend to me some dumb lady mashed her brakes at the end of merging lane, and i ended up kissing her bumper. i had to pay for damage, end of story.

The Cosworth
12-18-2006, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by SneakyNeek
the police will just tell you you're following too close...

almost same thing happened to me, except this guy made a left turn onto a dirt construction road at 1130 at night. Didnt expect it and smacked him from behind, best part was they were 16

I got charged with following too close, they got charged for possesion with intent to traffic... lol

TKRIS
12-18-2006, 01:18 PM
Same thing happened to me a couple years ago while I was merging unto University Drive from 16th Ave.
I did a pretty damned good job of hiding how fucking pissed I was.
Then the asshole that slammed on his brakes in a merge lane, fo no fucking reason, after he was already 1/2 way into the other lane, has the nerve to get mad because I didnt say I was sorry.

"Saying 'you're' sorry would be nice"
"Knowing how to fucking merge would be nicer."

It's no goddamned wonder I hate people.

Kris

ercchry
12-18-2006, 01:27 PM
+1 general public sucks

rc2002
12-18-2006, 01:35 PM
Harsh break dude. I hope I never get into an accident with someone who doesn't speak english. It's bad enough as it is without having to deal with language barriers.

Whitetiger
12-18-2006, 01:41 PM
A lot of "non-long-term-Calgarian" needs to learn how to drive in CALGARY.

I think "new comers" (even from another province) need to go through driver's ed and pass a driver's test, instead of just trading in their old license = old habits (from where ever they're from)

Just one annoying example, in some provinces, it's actually legal to make U-turns... well, these people come into Alberta thinking U-turns are legal... so they don't think about the traffic behind them (thinking the car in front is turing left), but then these "foreigners" slams on their brakes realizing they need to slow down for the U-turn so they don't curb. I usually horn if these fcuk noobs do it at an intersection.

Where as with LONG-term Alberta drivers, if we were to make an "illegal" U-turn, (because knowing it's ticketable), Albertians are usually more CAREFUL before making U-turns... i.e. making sure nobody's behind us when we do it (i.e. witness)... or making sure we won't cut off the opposite traffic after the U-turn... (I've actually been cut off, cuz some fcuk face decided to make a U-turn riding over the divider of Macleod Tr with his/her Nissan titan)

403Gemini
12-18-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
*sigh*

You hit her from behind. Even if she slammed her brakes on deerfoot trail at 4am with no one around you guys, you'd be at fault.

:werd:

also doesnt matter if its 50/50 or if you're 100%, it's still a hit on your record.

Just ask your broker to talk to your insurance company if you want this off your record and see if you can work out a "pay back" plan

The Cosworth
12-18-2006, 01:43 PM
Why should people taking a driving test if the got it LEGALLY in canada if they have obtained their licence in BC or Sask where they grew up. I can understand if someone comes from a foriegn country and needs to take a driving course in any province, but moving to BC its not like I all of a sudden forgot how to drive

Whitetiger
12-18-2006, 02:05 PM
Maybe the point didn't get across... Because some rules that apply to Alberta doesn't apply to BC, Sask, MA... and rules that apply in BC, ON, Sask might not apply here...

Hence there was the common example of U-turns, in some provinces it's legal to be whipping U-turns in the middle of a highway (this is being sarcastic), and then when they move to Calgary/ Alberta, they think it's STILL perfectly legal to be pulling U-ees...

And THAT is why, even if someone from another Canadian province who have legally obtained their BC/Sask/On/Que whatever driver's license should STILL be re-tested.

I can't even count the number of times during these past 6-8 years of this new "Calgary boom" that a vehicle with BC plates (THIS IS FACT, this is not "pissing you off"), who comes off an off ramp merge in their 1992-1995 Ford F-150 regular cab, long box, comes flying across three lanes of traffic (to the left) with no apparent reason, but just to be in the left lane for another 5-10 km.

Not all Canadian cities drive the same, not all Canadian cities have the same infrastructures, it's not a matter of using a gas pedal, brakes, clutch, steering wheel; it's a matter of adapting to the road environment of where you've currently driving IN. (and I don't mean visitors coming for 1-2 weeks, we're talking about people who has the intentions of staying in Calgary/Alberta 14 days+, they should learn how Alberta drivers work, not the other way around)

Originally posted by brendankharris
Why should people taking a driving test if the got it LEGALLY in canada if they have obtained their licence in BC or Sask where they grew up. I can understand if someone comes from a foriegn country and needs to take a driving course in any province, but moving to BC its not like I all of a sudden forgot how to drive

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-18-2006, 02:07 PM
because laws are different from province to province... I think they should just need to take a short written test before they get it.

Whitetiger
12-18-2006, 02:12 PM
:thumbsup: Exactly

+1 for some type of re-testing drivers of other provinces who wishes to STAY in Alberta (either short written, or actual road test)

Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
because laws are different from province to province... I think they should just need to take a short written test before they get it.

Whitetiger
12-18-2006, 02:20 PM
People should learn the legal language of the country they are immirgiranting to BEFORE interracting with society (driving, service clerk, telemarketing jobs, arguing, etc...) If they don't know how to speak the local legal language, don't be so freakin' cocky. These "new comers" (from foreign countries) nowadays thinks that Canada owes them something, I remember (from history/social studies) the immigrant in the past worked their asses off to build this nation; blood, sweat and tears... "For every mile of the rail-road through these mountain, there's one dead Chinaman"

Originally posted by richardchan2002
Harsh break dude. I hope I never get into an accident with someone who doesn't speak english. It's bad enough as it is without having to deal with language barriers.

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-18-2006, 02:37 PM
Wasn't it Japanese? but that irrelevant. Your right, they think just because we're not a melting pot like the US, that they can roam around, not learning english, and then using that to get out of stuff. I've had my Filipino friends tell me about older relatives who break laws all the time just because they think they don't apply (U-turns, running lights, right of way) it's horrible!

max_boost
12-18-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Whitetiger
People should learn the legal language of the country they are immirgiranting to BEFORE interracting with society
LOL Umm....sure.

The lady was probably just intimidated by Enrich who is a huge guy and just wanted to have her daughter there before she did anything.

The same thing almost happened to me except I was alert enough to avoid it. It sucks but there's nothing you can do now. You are 100% at fault unfortunately.

EnRich
12-18-2006, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
LOL Umm....sure.

The lady was probably just intimidated by Enrich who is a huge guy and just wanted to have her daughter there before she did anything.

The same thing almost happened to me except I was alert enough to avoid it. It sucks but there's nothing you can do now. You are 100% at fault unfortunately.

haha, thanks man. I pretty much already knew I was at fault, I'll go down fighting with the insurance company, but I'll expect a loss in the end. This will be my 2nd accident, the first one being in 2001, you guys think my insurance will go up? How much would you think? 30%?

On a side not. I think i'll be getting a carbon fibre hood this time around, seeing as how rockchips love chipping my after market paint. Any of you have problems with carbon fibre hoods? In the end they cost as much as a black one anyways (after all the preping, sanding, and painting is done.) damn this fucking lady. end rant ;)

SilverBoost
12-18-2006, 03:46 PM
I don't know what writing a test would solve if you're a new driver to a province? Moslty because there are people who got their licence here and I have no fucking clue how to begin with.

You're onto something but the solution is a tougher test and more mandatory education to begin with, not anotehr piece of useless red tape that solves no problem.

2cents

yellowsnow
12-18-2006, 03:58 PM
damn people who can't merge... :(
i always heard that if you rear end someone, unless they intentionally caused you to rear end them, you'd be at fault.

with no witnesses, then i think it'll be your fault 100%. stupid drivers, they really need to get off the road. i don't understand how these horrible drivers pass their road test

hoamic11
12-18-2006, 04:00 PM
There's laws that are the same as here but it doesn't stop somebody from doing it.

I mean look at the obvious example, it's illegal to pull a U-Turn at a traffic light here in AB, as well it's illegal in SK to do so, however ppl still do it and when i see it happen, i wish a cop was there to ticket em.

People may know the rules and laws but it doesn't stop them from breaking them.

Whitetiger
12-18-2006, 04:03 PM
Or maybe the mother just wants to set her daughter up with Enrich... Maybe getting rear-ended just turned the woman on... :dunno: (just kidding)

Originally posted by max_boost
LOL Umm....sure.

Whitetiger
12-18-2006, 04:10 PM
Because the testing /driver's training system in Alberta are privatized.

It's in the best interest for a driving school to have a good student-passing ratio, and therefore, they usually "befriend" a selected group of examiers and always try to book those examiers when their class is being tested.

When I got my class 6 (motorcycle for those not familar with Alberta license levels) back in 2001 at the SAIT parking lot... at the end out our 6-7 day course, the examier drives up and was talking all personal stuff with our instructor... (i.e. hey, that was an awesome party last weekend dude, how are the kids, etc...)

Keeping in mind, the examier gets paid on every applicant right, so the more students passing from a particular school, the more bragging rights and marketiblity the driving school has, and then the more testing applicants are going to the examier's way. (and yes, after your driver's training, you're allow to just walk into any registry and get a road test, however, what's the point, if your driving school is telling you that their examier usually passes 90% of our students because we're such a great training school, etc...)

Originally posted by yellowsnow
damn people who can't merge... :(
i always heard that if you rear end someone, unless they intentionally caused you to rear end them, you'd be at fault.

with no witnesses, then i think it'll be your fault 100%. stupid drivers, they really need to get off the road. i don't understand how these horrible drivers pass their road test