PDA

View Full Version : skunk smell

Madspinner
05-14-2003, 12:26 PM
Well I was coming around a corner and I didn't see a skunk on the road ,And I hit it with rear tire.Just wondering how do I get rid of the smell of my car .Kinda smells on the inside too.

ramminghard
05-14-2003, 12:34 PM
wait for it to leave.

szw
05-14-2003, 12:34 PM
From what I've learned from Tiny Toons I think it was, try tomato sauce.

cocoabrova
05-14-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by szw
From what I've learned from Tiny Toons I think it was, try tomato sauce. :rofl::rofl:My Shaldan:dunno: actually Febreze should work

Barlow
05-14-2003, 04:28 PM
umm yeah febreeze and I'd drive around with every possible opening on you car open, not to mention some extra air fresheners...lol

Wildcat
05-14-2003, 05:00 PM
febreeze will do fuck all, my buddy puked in my car and i thought i cleaned it out super good, but it still reaked like barf so i pretty much used an entire bottle of febreeze and it was gone.. until about less than a week later :rolleyes:

As for the skunk smell.. i wouldnt even think about wasting yur time/money on febreeze BS. And its tomato juice not sauce (clamatos will do) ... actually i meant to say piss, human piss, try pissing on your car first then rub it out... but u have to use your shirt or else it wont work.. and licking your fingers helps too

ninspeed
05-15-2003, 12:10 AM
Any foaming carpet cleaner, and some good old elbow grease :D... also, if you have a cabin air filter, replace this... if the smell is still there, PM me

hjr
05-15-2003, 12:12 AM
as mentioned above, a nice interior shampoo should do the trick, and you have a freaken clean car to boot.

Wildcat
05-15-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by ninspeed
Any foaming carpet cleaner, and some good old elbow grease :D... also, if you have a cabin air filter, replace this... if the smell is still there, PM me

Originally posted by hjr
as mentioned above, a nice interior shampoo should do the trick, and you have a freaken clean car to boot.

i thought u ran over the skunk?? dont u have skunk guts/shit all over the side of your car? i say be a man and lick it off

Madspinner
05-15-2003, 01:26 AM
No ,there is no guts , But the smell is gone on the inside ,but kinda still smells on the outside.

HACHIROKU_4AG
05-15-2003, 01:57 AM
cleaning any type of biological remnants requires an enzyme cleaner. really cheap and available anywhere pets are sold. synthetic stuff like febreeze are just over priced air fresheners.

4wheeldrift
05-15-2003, 07:08 AM
Tomato juice will help get rid of the smell. You're going to need something to get that off afterwards though.

GTS Jeff
05-15-2003, 07:53 AM
screw tomato juice, just use ketchup.

ramminghard
05-15-2003, 08:17 AM
pressure wash under your car too. if you ran over a skunk then there is probably some of the smell there too

Davetronz
05-15-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Wildcat
febreeze will do fuck all, my buddy puked in my car and i thought i cleaned it out super good, but it still reaked like barf so i pretty much used an entire bottle of febreeze and it was gone.. until about less than a week later :rolleyes:

Hahah you got OWNED... I would have made him scrub until his hands were bleeding... Fuck I hope you kicked his ass....

Wildcat
05-15-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by TurboDSM

Hahah you got OWNED... I would have made him scrub until his hands were bleeding... Fuck I hope you kicked his ass....

ya dude, he didnt even remember! when i told him he offered to pay for an interior detailing job the next day but i told him not to worry bout it.. it was his bday afterall :rolleyes: ... so puking was pretty much mandatory if u go out with me and my friends on yur bday :D hehehe

but.. long story short, ever since i got my car painted silver it smells like paint/ the "new car" smell

5.9 R/T
05-15-2003, 04:31 PM
The 'new car' smell is from the plastics and various other items in the interior, not the paint.

omar_allibhai
05-15-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova
:rofl::rofl:My Shaldan:dunno: actually Febreze should work

tomato juice does work

Davetronz
05-15-2003, 11:52 PM

ya dude, he didnt even remember! when i told him he offered to pay for an interior detailing job the next day but i told him not to worry bout it.. it was his bday afterall :rolleyes: ... so puking was pretty much mandatory if u go out with me and my friends on yur bday :D hehehe

but.. long story short, ever since i got my car painted silver it smells like paint/ the "new car" smell
Hahahah well good thing you got it sorted out! And next time make sure you give him a puke baggie!

giggles82
05-16-2003, 03:56 PM
ewwww..hahahah

Wildcat
05-17-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
The 'new car' smell is from the plastics and various other items in the interior, not the paint.

cause plastic smells.. right :rolleyes: , dont even say it smells when its just made "fresh" cause it(s) not/doesnt

new car smell is the paint

davidI
05-17-2003, 08:07 PM
I always thought it was the interior material as well actually....wouldn't think the paint would smell after it had dried! But maybe....:confused:

4wheeldrift
05-17-2003, 10:52 PM

cause plastic smells.. right :rolleyes: , dont even say it smells when its just made "fresh" cause it(s) not/doesnt

new car smell is the paint it IS actually the materials of the interior, including the paint. And yes, carpet and plastic and vinyl all smell when they are new. You don't see vinyl fog on the windows of a new vehicle just because...

RiceCake
05-17-2003, 11:22 PM
I still have my new car smell... well its starting to go away now....

Good luck with cleaning the skunk smell though, make sure you pressure wash most of the crap off the car.

Madspinner
05-18-2003, 12:17 AM
Yeah the smell is all gone now.

5.9 R/T
05-18-2003, 01:17 AM

new car smell is the paint

How old do you think the paint is when you get your car at the dealership? The 'fresh paint' smell lasts for maybe a week then it's gone, so why do cars that have 20 000k on them still smell 'new'? Interresting fact: Europeans think that the new car smell means that it is a cheap car so automakers in europe go to great lengths to keep their cars from smelling 'new'.

Wildcat
05-18-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

How old do you think the paint is when you get your car at the dealership? The 'fresh paint' smell lasts for maybe a week then it's gone, so why do cars that have 20 000k on them still smell 'new'? Interresting fact: Europeans think that the new car smell means that it is a cheap car so automakers in europe go to great lengths to keep their cars from smelling 'new'.

hmm... that must explain why my car still smells new even tho it was painted over a year ago now :rolleyes:

5.9 R/T
05-18-2003, 07:17 PM

hmm... that must explain why my car still smells new even tho it was painted over a year ago now :rolleyes:

Funny, I just painted my car two weeks ago and it doesn't smell at all.