PDA

View Full Version : Small Claims, here i come!

natejj
12-19-2006, 01:35 PM
I wont get into details, but basically I was involved in an aciddent with a lady, the insurance ruled it was a 50/50, I said it was 50/50, she thinks its 100% my fault.

AAANNYYYWWAYSSS, there were no witnesses. The insurance called me up and told me she is planning to take me to small claims court. I really dont care, because I know what happened, so I am just wondering, where is it in calgary, what should i expect? Any fees for me? Is it just one guy who makes the decisi0n? Can my friends come watch? :D How long before these things make it to court once they are filed?

Thanks!

I knew all these years of Judge mathis would pay off....

pinoyhero
12-19-2006, 03:38 PM
My bet is that if the insurance compaines called it 50/50 you'll have a pretty easy time keeping it that way in court unless there are witnesses the pop up who will testify otherwise. Watch Judge Judy and learn not to speak out of turn and speak to the justice wit hte utmost respect ftw.

Masked Bandit
12-19-2006, 03:49 PM
So what happened at the accident?

Weapon_R
12-19-2006, 03:54 PM
If it's 50/50, get a letter from your agent stating this. Insurance fault is typically addressed between companies, not court. You probably won't have much of a tough time proving your case if the insurance has already decided.

natejj
12-19-2006, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
If it's 50/50, get a letter from your agent stating this. Insurance fault is typically addressed between companies, not court. You probably won't have much of a tough time proving your case if the insurance has already decided.

I know. I'm excited. :D

TrevorK
12-19-2006, 10:42 PM
Hand the letter to your insurance company and they will take care of any sort of lawsuit that arises from the accident, as they will be the ones paying if the court deems you at fault.

5hift
12-19-2006, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by natejj

I knew all these years of Judge mathis would pay off....

Haha Judge Mathis is the shit.

So it seems like a interesting situation between this lady and yourself, care to let beyond know?

Supa Dexta
12-20-2006, 10:45 AM
Man I'm all about Judge Job Brown!.. He tells it like it is, from da streets!