PDA

View Full Version : Boxing Day

Jackc
12-19-2006, 02:03 PM
I am just wondering if there are any performance related shops in Calgary (speedtech, autodream etc..) that have any decent sales on boxing day.

Are any of these shops even open on boxing day?

Any help is appreciated as I figured boxing day would be a good time to load up on some things.

Mitsu3000gt
12-19-2006, 02:49 PM
Buying from the states will likely yield far lower prices than any Calgary boxing day sale will. Most of the time (in my experience anyways) I find boxing day sales in general to be rather unimpressive, with most of the stuff on sale available for the same price afterwards, of elsewhere for the same (low) price everyday.

It's really hard to beat the states for prices on car parts, even after shipping/exchange/gst.

As I've said in another thread I saved over $1000 on coilovers by buying from the states than what tunerworks and other places quoted me. Same goes for every other car part i've ever bought such as diverter valves, throttle body boot, lip spoiler, shift boot, pedals, etc.

Just go on a model-specific forum, ask where the best place to buy is, and enjoy the savings.

This is just my experience though.

Lo)2enz0
12-19-2006, 02:53 PM
i was impressed with the sales at speedtech for boxing day

got a turbo timer for a great price. this year i am just going in for a oil catch can. if they have something else cool that would be sweet

SilverBoost
12-19-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
i was impressed with the sales at speedtech for boxing day

got a turbo timer for a great price. this year i am just going in for a oil catch can. if they have something else cool that would be sweet

I managed to get one last year at a decent price.